[1.0] CrossFeedEnabler v3.3 May 11

NathanKell

• 4 months later...

Is this mod getting a 1.0.5 update? A lot of my designs require radial tanks, and some of them can't attach fuel lines because (reasons). 

(Or is it just a CKAN issue? It won't let me install even though it's compatible with 1.0.4)

Edited by CajunInABox

19 minutes ago, CajunInABox said:

Is this mod getting a 1.0.5 update? A lot of my designs require radial tanks, and some of them can't attach fuel lines because (reasons). 

(Or is it just a CKAN issue? It won't let me install even though it's compatible with 1.0.4)

Think this is stock now

I've been using this to get crossfeed from all surface attached tanks, not just the ones that are surface attach only (I hate fuel lines). Can stack_PriUsesSurf be used to achieve the same effect, and if so how? I set it to true and add crossfeed to all tanks, but see no difference in surface attached stack tanks.

@PHYSICSGLOBALS
{
	@stack_PriUsesSurf = True
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[LiquidFuel],@RESOURCE[Oxidizer]]
{
	%fuelCrossFeed = True
}

10 minutes ago, Gribbleshnibit8 said:

I've been using this to get crossfeed from all surface attached tanks, not just the ones that are surface attach only (I hate fuel lines). Can stack_PriUsesSurf be used to achieve the same effect, and if so how? I set it to true and add crossfeed to all tanks, but see no difference in surface attached stack tanks.

@PHYSICSGLOBALS
{
}

{
	%fuelCrossFeed = True
}

Seen some mods use

PROPELLANT
		{
			name = LiquidFuel
			resourceFlowMode = STAGE_STACK_FLOW_BALANCE
			ratio = 0.9
			DrawGauge = True
		}
		PROPELLANT
		{
			name = Oxidizer
			resourceFlowMode = STAGE_STACK_FLOW_BALANCE
			ratio = 1.1
		}

Tested just by attaching a FL tank to the side of another with an engine on the bottom. Maybe KER isn't reporting it correctly? Which, after just checking, is indeed the case. So I guess I'll keep using this until KER is aware of stock crossfeed. Sorry to waste time. :|

20 minutes ago, NathanKell said:

Np. I know Sarbian just patched Mechjeb to be aware of this; my guess is KER isn't patched (it's not even officially out for 1.0.5, right?)

What Gribbleshnibit8 posted don't work in stock game it sucked more fuel from the tank that you was trying to keep fuel in so it made it worse then it was.

EDIT- Just tested it

Edited by Mecripp2

here's some more MM configs for the repository:

@PART[HGRRadial|HGR_RadialBooster]:NEEDS[CrossFeedEnabler] // Home Grown Rockets tanks
{
	%MODULE[ModuleCrossFeed] {}
}

@PART[NBradialMiniTank]:NEEDS[CrossFeedEnabler] // MRS Lite MRS Fuel Tank, Radial Mini
{
}

@PART[argon-radial*|xenon-radial*]:NEEDS[CrossFeedEnabler] // Near Future Propulsion tanks
{
}

@PART[RLA_tiny_mptank_rad]:NEEDS[CrossFeedEnabler] // RLA Stockalike Stratus-V Capsulated Monopropellant Tank
{
}

@PART[radialXenonmicro]:NEEDS[CrossFeedEnabler] // Squiggsy Micro Radial Xenon Container
{
}

@PART[FTT_Tank*|RadialLqdTank|DERP_FuelCan]:NEEDS[CrossFeedEnabler] // USI Spherical Tanks
{
}

// Ven's Stock Revamp
@PART[Oscar?tank|RadialLF*|RadialMonoMini|fuelTank1-5]:NEEDS[CrossFeedEnabler]
{
}

@PART[WBI_FLM*]:NEEDS[CrossFeedEnabler] // Wild Blue Industries
{
}

• 1 month later...
On ‎2016‎-‎02‎-‎07 at 3:36 AM, MeCripp said:

@PHYSICSGLOBALS

{

}

{

%fuelCrossFeed = True

}

So this is a MM patch that will modify the physics.cfg to enable the cross feed, then add it to a part?

I mean, I know the second bit adds it to a part, but that first part is a MM cfg to modify physics.cfg so I can do it on the fly rather than edit a core game file?

and I assume this will still work as of 1.1?

Edited by Bit Fiddler

5 hours ago, NathanKell said:

Uh, not sure what you're trying to do with the second part; the first part is what actually enables surface crossfeed, PartResource doesn't have any fuelCrossFeed property.

Isn't that setting fuelCrossFeed on the Part not the two PartResources?  I'm not saying that it's a sensible thing to do because, despite the name, this mod has almost nothing to do with other "fuel crossfeed" settings, it simply allows fuel to flow either way between a part that is surface attached to another part.

I believe the second part of the MM cfg will not actually do anything as all parts that contain LF or Ox already have that setting set to true.

Alright, so let me get this clear, just because Stock support a way to enable cross feed, you are no longer updating this mod? But in order for people to use cross freed they have to edit custom cfg files and it doesn't even allow enabling/disabling cross feed. How can that be an improvement?

The old version doesn't work in KSP 1.1 . I tried recompiling the mod, the it still doesn't seem to work anymore in KSP 1.1. Would there be any change you will update it to 1.1?

Edited by FreeThinker

1. Yes: because stock has obsoleted this mod, this mod is obsolete.

2. This mod is an MM patch that adds modules to parts, combined with a dll that hackily makes those parts be treated as fuel line targets. The suggested replacement is an MM patch that modifies a single cfg file to use new, non-hacky stock functionality.

3. If you want crossfeed to be toggleable, add ModuleToggleCrossfeed, just like decouplers have. That's what it's there for.

No, I will not be reworking this for 1.1, since it was a dirty hack. :]

Yep!

MODULE
{
    name = ModuleToggleCrossfeed
    crossfeedStatus = <BOOLEAN>
    toggleEditor = <BOOLEAN>
    toggleFlight = <BOOLEAN>
}

Legend:

crossfeedStatus (true/false): Sets the cross feed status of the part (default active or inactive, toggleable via the editor right - click menu).
toggleEditor (true/false): Allow the user to change the cross feed status via the editor right - click menu.
toggleFlight (true/false): Allow the user to change the cross feed status in - flight.