[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

I was just coming here to ask about this. Same issue - engine shrouds all stay on. How do I get rid of that?

Found a solution, the two folders for Cool Rockets are different, one starts with klockheed martian, and the other is "cool rockets", so just merge the two, and delete the .tga files.

Found a solution, the two folders for Cool Rockets are different, one starts with klockheed martian, and the other is "cool rockets", so just merge the two, and delete the .tga files.

Oh, now I feel dumb. I'd deleted the .tga files but never thought to merge the folders. Cheers.

Oh hey, new issue. After launching successfully the first time, my game crashes during the launch process on subsequent attempts. Thoughts?

Its probably the volumetric clouds. They eat alot of memory ATM is a must and minimal mods besides KSPRC is essential, if your not running a great machine. If you do have a great machine, even with ATM and a dynamite computer the volumetric clouds might still get to ya. Hit control+N and delete the last layer of clouds it either layer 8 or 9 and it should run just fine. The more layers you have the slower it will be. Anyway thats just my assessment.

Its probably the volumetric clouds. They eat alot of memory ATM is a must and minimal mods besides KSPRC is essential, if your not running a great machine. If you do have a great machine, even with ATM and a dynamite computer the volumetric clouds might still get to ya. Hit control+N and delete the last layer of clouds it either layer 8 or 9 and it should run just fine. The more layers you have the slower it will be. Anyway thats just my assessment.

IT LIVES! :) Actually, I'm not sure why it's working now. My fix was going to be disabling the clouds just before quitting and resetting to default after startup, but for whatever reason playing with the config menu seems to have done it. Maybe my computer (quite good, 16 GB RAM) was just having odd memory problems. That or some variable wasn't getting set right perhaps and the defaults fixed it.

IT LIVES! :) Actually, I'm not sure why it's working now. My fix was going to be disabling the clouds just before quitting and resetting to default after startup, but for whatever reason playing with the config menu seems to have done it. Maybe my computer (quite good, 16 GB RAM) was just having odd memory problems. That or some variable wasn't getting set right perhaps and the defaults fixed it.

If you are using the 64 bit version there is a good chance one of the mods isn't playing well with the 64 bit. There are quite few threads about how alot of mods aren't playing well with 64bit. If you are not using 64 bit the game only uses 4gb or RAM so it doesn't matter how many gb or ram you have you need ATM if you want to run alot of mods. Its good that you got it to work but if you are using 64 bit, experiences may vary. Standard ksp just get rid of a few cloud layers.

If it comes down to it, removing EVE altogether should help, especially if you have a low-end GPU. Or, if you like your clouds, then redownload EVE and replace the clouds folder with the low-res cloud textures. It might not look as pretty, but I gained about 10 fps during daytime and 20 fps at night on kerbin.

Does anyone know if it's possible to get the high-def navball stand-alone? Or do I have to download the whole pack again and remove everything else?

just keep the texture replacer and the NavBallTextureExport folders and you should be fine....

just keep the texture replacer and the NavBallTextureExport folders and you should be fine....

I know, it's just I'm operating on limited bandwidth and a 200 some meg download is extremely wasteful when I'm only going to keep one file.

This is what happens in 0.24.2 32bit when I update the Real Solar System DLL to the latest version. Unless someone knows how to fix it, I'll just deal with the version checker bugging me about an out of date version until proot is able to release a new pack

m58H3Eg.jpg

What are the install instructions with the new release of CoolRockets (new folder structure, and if u delete the .tga the entire effect fails to render)?

Just leave it as it is, ignoring to overwrite them with KSPRC files?

Works okay here 024.2; 32 bit OpenGL; everything maxed; I personally had to fiddle with a config file in MKS / OKS to add KSP Interstellar mod to the keeploaded list; but that was just to remove the one error message about the planetary resources textures not being readable.

Hmmm well I got what I would call some serious dips in frames that I don't like and for some reason, every rocket engine I put on a ship had a shroud on it that couldn't be ejected off. Kinda stupid.

I figured it out. When installing CoolRockets, ONLY install the BASE Klockheed Martin mod. Do not actually install Klockheed_Martin_CoolRockets, it is unnecessary and goes by a different name than what is supplied in this pack.

The mod contains a Real Solar System folder which seems to be incompatible with the 0.24. Can I delete it if I don't want to use RSS or is it important for some graphic aspect ?

Thanks !

Edited by Romn

The mod contains a Real Solar System folder which seems to be incompatible with the 0.24. Can I delete it if I don't want to use RSS or is it important for some graphic aspect ?

Thanks !

I've deleted this with no problems. You can also delete any individual eve plugin effects you don't like.

Thanks !

it's for getting rid of the white in the atmosphere. If you can live with that, you can delete it. Or just deal with the AVC pop-up. The latest version of RSS doesn't work with the latest KSPRC config

I use Renaissance with .24.2, ATM aggressive, about 40 mods, 8 Gb ram. No problem detected in fullHD. Just 'terran level' to medium.

Your 64 bit client cooperates with ATM? Everytime I try to run 64 bit with ATM it cries foul and crashes my game.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.