[0.25/0.90] Better Atmospheres [V5 - June 14th, 2014]

Thesonicgalaxy

Oh, that is so awesome but it drops my fps critically. Even the low quality version=(

It's very strange. I have about 12 gb of RAM and I thought that it'll be enough to play KSPx64 without Acvtive Texture Manager...

Try changing the kerbin texture inside the texture replacer folder from png to jpg. As well with any other non-transparent files.

I have a huge issue, when I put in all the files for this mod and start the game, it doesn't work. All the files are we're they are supposed to be, they all have the configs and the pngs were they are supposed to be, but it just doesn't work. I currently have 24.2, so my KSP is up to date. Someone please help me out here, I'd hate to see a cloudless Kerbin.

Oh, that is so awesome but it drops my fps critically. Even the low quality version=(

It's very strange. I have about 12 gb of RAM and I thought that it'll be enough to play KSPx64 without Acvtive Texture Manager...

i sometimes have the same problelm ,sometimes i get low fps with low, sometimes i get no lag with high res.. i dont thin its with this mod, i tested stock ksp and it sometimes had low fps as well.

I have a huge issue, when I put in all the files for this mod and start the game, it doesn't work. All the files are we're they are supposed to be, they all have the configs and the pngs were they are supposed to be, but it just doesn't work. I currently have 24.2, so my KSP is up to date. Someone please help me out here, I'd hate to see a cloudless Kerbin.

I had installed everything except the solar flares and custom asteroids. For me, Kittopia Terraforming Tools and Toolbar crashed the x64 version. So removing those folders might solve your problem.

toolbar and kittopia tools work fine its more than likely something not updated right. i have both those installed and have no problem running 64x with 160 mods right now.

remember whenever u update a mod even if they dont say to delte the whole mod and reinstall to make sure u dont wind up with double files

toolbar and kittopia tools work fine its more than likely something not updated right. i have both those installed and have no problem running 64x with 160 mods right now.

remember whenever u update a mod even if they dont say to delte the whole mod and reinstall to make sure u dont wind up with double files

160 mods? dude...

anyhow, i have x64 and this mod it all works just as intented, re install cleanly if you have to and do delete previous versions even if install read me files dont tell you to

Hello,

Thx for this great mod.

I think the sky in kerbin is a little too blue : it is near from a dark glowing blue. Does anybody know how to change the sky's color ?

Sincerely.

press ALT+N and play arround. just remember to save before you start playing arround.

edit:page 67, i made a post solving my problem but it contains info on yours as well. you can decrease the blue effect manuelly on the correct layer if you like, but i suspect the same thing also controls the cyan horizons(the part where sonic saved us from white horizons) , so dont go extreme.

Edited by TheReaper

I just noticed the Kerbals helmets show stars... when on Eve or Duna, I wonder if that can be fixed?

From what I've gathered, it's texture replacer --and as yet it does not actually reflect (pun intended) the current location / atmosphere, but rather always shows stars if the helmet is on. I love it for in-orbit and moons, but it is distracting for other planets.

Give it time. Someone will refine that system further to allow for per-planet/location reflections.

FYI the latest RSS (v7.2) now works again for this.

Just to clarify, Using only the 7.2 RSS.dll and the config in BA, I will only get a changed look for the atmosphere from ground for Kerbin(aka no more white horizons) and nothing else? Would the same go for the KSPRC RSS config?

Thanks in advance, and for all your great mods~

Edited by WololoW

If you actually post the whole output log (NOT ksp.log) then we could actually look at the errors.

This is especially important since I have been unable to replicate any problem with this and RSS v7.2's dll.

WololoW: you replace the existing BA copy of RSS's dll with the new one (do not get all of RSS, only take the dll from the archive and replace your existing dll) and things should work as they are intended to (i.e. as they did on .23.5).

If you actually post the whole output log (NOT ksp.log) then we could actually look at the errors.

This is especially important since I have been unable to replicate any problem with this and RSS v7.2's dll.

WololoW: you replace the existing BA copy of RSS's dll with the new one (do not get all of RSS, only take the dll from the archive and replace your existing dll) and things should work as they are intended to (i.e. as they did on .23.5).

I apologize! Made a mistake, please disregard that.

I forgot to reinstall the cfg file.

Hi, i appear to be having a couple of problems with the mod. First of all, for some reason Minmus appears to have an atmosphere and volumetric clouds, Is this normal?

In addition, when I press Alt+N, nothing happens, so i cant configure anything. I'd Post my game directory, but I have aboslutely no idea what folder i ....ed up, so i'm not sure what file I need to post, so if you need to see a file just ask me and i'll post it, thank you for all your help!

DfCCoGX.jpg

Hi, i appear to be having a couple of problems with the mod. First of all, for some reason Minmus appears to have an atmosphere and volumetric clouds, Is this normal?

In addition, when I press Alt+N, nothing happens, so i cant configure anything. I'd Post my game directory, but I have aboslutely no idea what folder i ....ed up, so i'm not sure what file I need to post, so if you need to see a file just ask me and i'll post it, thank you for all your help!

http://i.imgur.com/DfCCoGX.jpg

Yes, that's normal. We have yet to actually decide what the Minmist is, but a few explanations inculde evaporation, and/or kethane.

ALT+N is the work of EVE. So it not working shouldn't have to do with my mod, so check here first. If it turns out to be a problem with my mod, I'll look into it.

does this version of better atmospheres and i guess the new RSS fixed with it, will it display the actual planets like RSS is currently, or the old KSP planets just high def?

and if RSS is fixed, what do we need to change exactly?

Curiousity question. Why does this v5 of BetterAtmo corrupt/overlap the module manager text on load? I've looked through the forums and googled it but I don't seem to be finding an answer. Is it a mod conflict perhaps? I'm pretty sure it's BetterAtmo because when the corruption/overlapping occur's on load after installing it... The new RSS Dll is the only other thing I install with it so I suppose it COULD be that, but *shrug*, don't know. Anyone know?

Disregard. I figured out why... sort of. Installing the custom asteroids mod using it's own gamemod folder puts it in a sub-directory of starstrider32 with the custom asteroid folder underneath that while BetterAtmo's custom asteroids folder was in the main gamemod folder, not under the starstrider32 moniker folder. I didn't know which way was the correct way, seeing as how starstrider made the mod, so I just added his custom asteroids folder to the main folder, copied betteratmo's info over it, and then copied betteratmo's info overtop his info inside the starstrider folder. It's solved the corrupted/overlapping text of the module manager on load up at least.

I gotta say. Better Atmosphere is so pretty it just makes me want to cry. Or step out of the pod and take pictures. Sooo beautiful. Now if I can just continue my mod quest for an ultimate mod setup. I'm having fun at least. :)

Or perhaps multiple Module Manager files?

I make sure only the latest is in there now.

Edited by Igniteous

How to install this on mac? :huh:

It should be the same process, I don't know if there's any things with the code that differ on a Mac but the installation and locations of folders is the same. I recommend using a plug-in (on the App Store, I think) called "The Unarchiver." It gives you better management of ZIP, RAR, 7z, and other types of files, I believe. I used to play on Mac until I got my gaming PC back in November. :D

When I install this, it says that RealSolarSystem is out of date with 0.24.2. Is this OK?

Update the Real Solar System DLL with the one from the Real Solar System thread would be my guess. That might help fix it, it's newer code after all. :) Usually updating plug-ins where possible is a good idea (though, sometimes it may break things. :P)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.