The unofficially official 0.24-Kerbapalooza Thread - Now extra #HYPETRAIN!

KvickFlygarn87

Indications are that 0.25 MAY be a plane-themed update with talk about plane parts and IVA but I doubt it will be in this release. I don't know anything about a "rope-like." But everything else should be in it.

I still think July 15th will be go-date :D

blatant speculation here, but i think planes make sense. after contracts and budgets in .24, whats the next big thing on squads to do list? i think it'd be aerodynamics. and with that would come refined/new spaceplane parts

It might be for a next patch.

I honestly doubt their development cycle is so f**** up that they start a planning of a new features for 0.24 while it's already in experimental phase.

Or rather: I hope...

I would also hope that this isn't the case. While I wouldn't be surprised to see .24 next week -- or even the week after; I'm going to keep wishing and hoping that it comes out this week!

I'm having trouble finding it now but one of the Devnotes indicated that Unity had an improved attachment point system that allowed for much more rigidity. I think this was supposed to be in 0.24 as well, I'm still looking for the thread.

And for there third time in a row, it will be release when I will be on holiday... I guess that means that any crashes or whatever will be fixed when I do get hold of it...

take more holidays

The currencies being added are reputation and money. Strange to think of reputation as a currency, but since it can be exchanged for money or science (and vice versa) I guess I can see it.

that is difficult to imagine but it does kinda make sense i'm just excited for contracts because they will help with my "boredom" and help me keep on track :blush:

I hope is that the contracts once accepted cant be halted unless you pay a fine or something like that that would make people have a lot more motivation to finish something they started :wink:

The rope was just for a video, most likely the 0.24 release trailer.

I know this is the case, but I'd love to see Squad give us the chance to not send Kerbals up with their jetpacks and instead just be sent up with a tethering rope to save on mission costs. It would finally add a risk-mitigating element to ladder parts and the fear of mis-stepping and having a Kerbal float away.

The currencies being added are reputation and money. Strange to think of reputation as a currency, but since it can be exchanged for money or science (and vice versa) I guess I can see it.

I've understood the currencies to be science and money, as they can both be exchanged for other things.

Tutorials for landing, rendezvous, and docking would be great. I'd also love one for getting a spaceplane into orbit.

Exchanging reputation for science would probably be because you did something questionable, like espionage, theft or bribery. That kinda makes sense, I think.

When's the .24 update slated for? Have they even given a set date yet?

A couple of overlapping threads have been merged. Let's please not split the 24 discussion between numerous threads, scattering the information and discussion.

:( individual threads are easier to follow than 55 pages of madness

And a question here for the devs/rowsdower:

Harvs update #3 says we earn reputation for completing contracts. if i am not doing a contract but i land on the mun on my own or whatever, do i earn reputation?

Edited by r4pt0r

Harvs update #3 says we earn reputation for completing contracts. if i am not doing a contract but i land on the mun on my own or whatever, do i earn reputation?

My guess would be no, based on what they've said. Just landing on the moon is rewarded with Science. Science, money, and reputation are three currencies that can be exchanged and earned in different ways.

Omg I'm so tired of people like me who keep threads like this living and breathing (facepalm). There is nothing better (worse) than the anticipation of a new update. I hate (love) it when we all sit here, twiddling our thumbs, new projects on semi- standby like a bunch of petulant, whiners (kicks a rock).

In the spirit of ' a little pre-launch hysteria is a good thing now and then... don't you agree' I'll note:

#1 My mystical tea leaf read of the Steam upload history page tells me that right now the media group is frantically playing .24 and making short features videos for us to freak about tomorrow.

#2 My trick Scott Manley knee is tingling.

and

C. Max maps prowling the forum now. Edit- closely followed by Ted and HarvesteR- Like a dev cigarette break...

Edited by Aethon

I think my F5 key is broken. Blah. My hype is inverting. I've been refreshing the KSP threads in five major communities for about a week now.

Score! Found a chrome extension to refresh all open tabs. F5 key has been saved.

Edited by Arsonide

I think my F5 key is broken. Blah. My hype is inverting. I've been refreshing the KSP threads in five major communities for about a week now.

Score! Found a chrome extension to refresh all open tabs. F5 key has been saved.

Please don't set it to refresh every 2 seconds. There is a fine line between and eager community looking for news and a ddos attack.

Edited by Sandworm

Please don't set it to refresh every 2 seconds. There is a fine line between and eager community looking for news and a ddos attack.

It's a button I manually hit, so this isn't an issue, depending on my dexterity and ability to not sleep.