[0.24] Spaceplane Plus 1.3

Porkjet

I want to install the actual firespitter add-on. Do I have to do something with the Firespitter of this add-on? Replace it probably, just asking to be safe.

Yes, just replace it. It's not like SP+ is using some special custom version. :)

anyone else having trouble pitching up with any plane regardless of what with NEAR installed? pitching down appears to be fine, it goes away with FAR or stock. i guess ihad my time with near :) time to go far,

Joachim, you should get TAC Fuel Balancer. Very handy and simple. Pretty much renders the "yellow tube" obsolete.

Yeah I do actually have tac fuelbalancer installed, but I tend to forget to turn it on and have engines fail at 30,000m........ maybe I'll try those adding crossfeed enabled to those B9 intakes :) But your right those yellow tubes do look tacky!

anyone else having trouble pitching up with any plane regardless of what with NEAR installed? pitching down appears to be fine, it goes away with FAR or stock. i guess ihad my time with near :) time to go far,

Surely you should post that in the NEAR thread instead of here...?

Joachim, you should get TAC Fuel Balancer. Very handy and simple. Pretty much renders the "yellow tube" obsolete.

TAC-FB feels a bit cheaty to me. Set up your tanks and fuel lines right and you don't need it.

Edited by Wanderfound

Firstly i love this space plane. ive been playing kerbal for over a year and seeing the Spaceplane + made me finaly want to build a space plane. i think that the cockpit is awosme but i think it would be Astronomicaly awsome if you could add some presable buttons within IVA like the Alcor pod (tho i realy dont expect or would even like as many as that has). i realy want to try totaly IVA Space plane. if i knew how to model i would love to help but sadly im clueless about moddeling.

TAC FB is often necessary for properly balancing aircraft, as the name suggests, and especially for certain spaceplanes during re-entry.

And some SP+ payload bay ....ography:

97950435E66FFC6D2F9B224FFA7C4545BBD2C4BE

Got the mod and love the look. Not good with SSTOs yet; but working on it.

Flipped through the pages and cant find the answer to one problem I am having... How exactly do you use the bay? I try and put docking ports and other equipment onto the attachment in the bay and I can't get it to line up. It just flips around and sticks in weird directions.

Thanks.

Got the mod and love the look. Not good with SSTOs yet; but working on it.

Flipped through the pages and cant find the answer to one problem I am having... How exactly do you use the bay? I try and put docking ports and other equipment onto the attachment in the bay and I can't get it to line up. It just flips around and sticks in weird directions.

Thanks.

i have problems getting fueltanks to "stick" inside the bay. Try disabling angled corners and use another part as the attachment point.

For instance you can add dockingports (both parts) to the bay. Create a sattelite in a new build and save it as a subassembly. The subassembly can then be added to the dockingport inside the bay.

I made an account just to say.

This is by far my most favorite mod. That shuttle nose is the best thing ever.

I would however ask that you make a longer nose with 3 seats, Or tackle the Mk3 cockpit's.

I know i saw a post where you said Mk3 wasn't worth doing because you couldn't fit bigger parts, But the extra internal space could be used for more things like TAC supplies, if you use tweakscale, We could shrink down parts like gas tanks and other things.

I would however ask that you make a longer nose with 3 seats, Or tackle the Mk3 cockpit's.

I know i saw a post where you said Mk3 wasn't worth doing because you couldn't fit bigger parts, But the extra internal space could be used for more things like TAC supplies, if you use tweakscale, We could shrink down parts like gas tanks and other things.

Check out Nazari's Mk3 Refit project. It's looking pretty good so far - with cargo bays, adapters and all lovely goodies.

Also, one thing I realised the other day - people rag on the Mk3 for not being big enough to house 2m parts, but treat B9 Aerospace as like, the epitome of modding, despite it containing the S2 line which is... not big enough to house 2m parts. It's pretty close in size to the Mk3 actually - if people are going to use the size of Mk3 against it, they should say the same about B9's S2 (part list not withstanding - B9 does have cargo bays and LFO tanks and things, but again, Nazari's Mk3 Refit...). I know I've used that argument against it in the past but since realising this, I take it all back (well, kind of - it's still valid, but now I can say the same thing about B9 too).

[/hugetangentialrant]

Eheh... It's not nearly as high quality as this mod is, Sorry to say.

Also failing Mk3's, There is some Mk2 stuff we could still use.. Most notably, a non-kerbal holding nosecone for the Mk2 Inline, And then a science lab for the Mk2 series in general.

i checked mk3 , it can be really nice,in nazari we trust, but its currently beta and looking at its current situation its worthless. cannot be compared with this mod, give it sometime after it gets rid of beta state curse, ill give it a chance, really loking forward for 1.4 here though

Check out Nazari's Mk3 Refit project. It's looking pretty good so far - with cargo bays, adapters and all lovely goodies.

Not really interested in a polished-up Mk3, though; even if they make them less hideous, they're still going to be Space Shuttle-ish.

What I would love is just a bigger version of the SP+ parts, while still maintaining the SP+ SR-71 style aesthetic. The current pack is awesome for small to medium spaceplanes, but it can't do a heavy lifter unless you use an open cargo bay:

screenshot331_zpsa2c2eb26.png

Yeah I do actually have tac fuelbalancer installed, but I tend to forget to turn it on and have engines fail at 30,000m........ maybe I'll try those adding crossfeed enabled to those B9 intakes :) But your right those yellow tubes do look tacky!

Place 'em right and you'll never see 'em. I generally run a pair of lines from my radial tanks to the core, then another pair from the core to the radial engines. But they go underneath, and are arranged to be as short as possible; they're just tiny yellow stubs.

Eheh... It's not nearly as high quality as this mod is, Sorry to say.
but its currently beta and looking at its current situation its worthless. cannot be compared with this mod, give it sometime after it gets rid of beta state curse, ill give it a chance
Not really interested in a polished-up Mk3, though; even if they make them less hideous, they're still going to be Space Shuttle-ish.

Well then..

G3Q4GTz.jpg

Someone wanted some better-than-stock Mk3 parts, I link a promising (and current) refit/expansion and am met with a resounding 'eh, I don't want that, I want Porkjet to do what he said he doesn't want to do'.

Screw the lot of ya, then.

Well then..

http://i.imgur.com/G3Q4GTz.jpg

Someone wanted some better-than-stock Mk3 parts, I link a promising (and current) refit/expansion and am met with a resounding 'eh, I don't want that, I want Porkjet to do what he said he doesn't want to do'.

Not annoyed in the slightest; just casting a vote. I'm grateful for what Porkjet has done; I'd be even more grateful if he did big ones, but whatever he wants to do is cool by me.

Chill.

Well then..

http://i.imgur.com/G3Q4GTz.jpg

Funny as you say this TouhouTorpedo's parts, still to this day work in KSP and better with a few tweaks and using "tweakable everything."

Agreeing with ObsessedWithKSP, Just because Nazari isn't done, doesn't mean the parts are worthless. What do you think "isn't done yet" or "Beta" means? Just like KSP, it isn't done yet.

i checked mk3 , it can be really nice,in nazari we trust, but its currently beta and looking at its current situation its worthless. cannot be compared with this mod, give it sometime after it gets rid of beta state curse, ill give it a chance, really loking forward for 1.4 here though

Sorry Reaper, you're logic dosn't quite fit.

Not annoyed in the slightest; just casting a vote. I'm grateful for what Porkjet has done; I'd be even more grateful if he did big ones, but whatever he wants to do is cool by me.

Chill.

Yup! I love Porkjet's work!

Funny as you say this TouhouTorpedo's parts, still to this day work in KSP and better with a few tweaks and using "tweakable everything."

Ehh, they work, but don't fit in with 0.24.2 KSP, in my opinion. 0.18 or so, yes - the graphics fit, the general textures blend well with that era, but 0.24.2 is more polished and just better-looking. Nazari's Refit is both working and well-suited to current KSP standards WRT textures/graphics. Don't get me wrong, TT did some excellent work and I've made his Mk3 IVA apply to Nazaris but his Mk3 expansion pack just looks so out of place with everything else, much like the current Mk series parts.

But seeing as bac9 managed to pull of the S2 line with little to no complaints, I wouldn't be adverse to PJ doing the same to Mk3. I'd question the point of it, as Nazari is working on that exact thing (key words: 'working' and 'on'), but I wouldn't mind it at all.

First, I want to say that I LOVE this mod. The fuselage, cockpit, cargo bays, and fuel tanks have functionally replaced their B9 variants in my game, which really is something. That being said, I sincerely hope Spaceplane+ gets some parts capable of 2.5m cargo storage.