Community Mun Base

Well, at around 200-500m is where I can begin to see crafts if they are large enough.

I could probably do that. Plus, this craft is fairly large.

EDIT: I got the periapsis DIRECTLY 107m above the main site. I\'m currently testing it right now to see if it runs into any hills but once I get it perfected I will upload it

EDIT 2: It\'s a bit more off than I expected, and it looks like I need to go higher

Edit 3: I done goof\'d again. I\'m going to restart now.

Sorry for triple post, but I got a satellite in a circular orbit around the equator of the moon at 600 meters. It crosses the base most of the time, I haven\'t checked if you can see it from the base though because I turned my settings all the way to lowest.

I concur. Once again, spent hours landing and again it exploded.

In the meantime, can we agree on a set of custom moonbase mods we can install and use so we are ready to go when the next release is out? :)

I am a purist.

With no intention of installing mods.

The ship combinations are crazy even with the few parts we have.

So how will this work.

What about maintaining 2 SFS files.

One for Purists (Vanilla Parts)

One for Mods (Parts Must Be Specified)

Sorry for triple post, but I got a satellite in a circular orbit around the equator of the moon at 600 meters. It crosses the base most of the time, I haven\'t checked if you can see it from the base though because I turned my settings all the way to lowest.

Now where have I seen that ship before...

God uses my ships, I\'m honored.

I had a question on this, because I\'ve thought of one possible cause for the explosions.

Those of you who had the explosions: were you coming in really low, like around 1-2 km altiltude, and approaching the base area expecting to go into hover when you got above it?

I had a question on this, because I\'ve thought of one possible cause for the explosions.

Those of you who had the explosions: were you coming in really low, like around 1-2 km altiltude, and approaching the base area expecting to go into hover when you got above it?

I routinely approach a landing site low and fast, it\'s just my preference, and I have not encountered this with my own persistence file.

When I landed the Drayman however, trbinsc\'s Mun Or Bust did collapse, but he did have only two of his three landing legs attached to his ship.

I usually come in at around 5k depending on the ships power and weight, heavier underpowered ships need more height, also add me back on the list I want to have another go after we get this bug sorted.

Maybe it\'s because some people aren\'t giving them time to load by approaching low and fast?

No, that doesn\'t make a difference to how the game loads the ships. There\'s specifically a bug which is mis-detecting collisions between landed ships and the ground, causing the ships to 'fall' into the ground a short way, then pushing them back up, ripping parts off the bottom in the process. I had the same bug rip the engines off a lander when I switched to it on the ground. The devs are working on a fix, and will be including it in .14.1.

I don\'t think it\'s possible to make a bulldozer with stock parts, and my Muncar seems to fall apart at random so I doubt it could push much.

Anyone up for making a bulldozer attachment for a rocket?