[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [16.1][28.05.2024][Mars Expedition WIP]

Beale

3 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Rassvet's trunnions are still there and are still bright red. Well, maybe a little dull, but they definitely weren't removed. The other red bits, yeah. 

1280px-STS-132_ISS-23_Rassvet_Pirs_and_P

oh neat, I will probably make them red then. What colour are they right now? Should be a minor texture update.

29 minutes ago, Beale said:

oh neat, I will probably make them red then. What colour are they right now? Should be a minor texture update.

They're red. The exact red, idk. But This is the latest photo I can find of Rassvet. 

I said they might be dulled a little because they've been sunbathing for a while, so might be more towards the pinkish side? I'm not sure. 

In this picture one of them looks pinkish and the other more orangeish? I'm a little color blind when it comes to red.  I can see red and tell it's red, but different shades of red are difficult for me. 

View_of_the_ISS_taken_during_Crew-2_flya

Edited by GoldForest

4 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Rassvet's trunnions are still there and are still bright red. Well, maybe a little dull, but they definitely weren't removed. The other red bits, yeah. 

1280px-STS-132_ISS-23_Rassvet_Pirs_and_P

Speaking of Rassvet, is there a chance we could get Nauka's experiment airlock and radiator at some point?

(I would also ask about the European Robotic Arm but I'm assuming robotic parts are probably a bit more complicated to implement)

14 hours ago, Beale said:

wow! Great station, among the best I've seen.

Ah so actually this has already been done in the latest github version, all "white" blankety parts are now a slightly yellow-white (nice contrast with the clean white paint). All Black blankety parts have a hint of brown, and all green blankety parts have a hint of grey too. The aim was to make them different from the paint colours.

Those red bits are all just protectors as far as I know, and are all removed before launch. Not against adding them for looks if they look good, but just worth pointing out.

"Mek FGB" section.

qvnEHRQ.png

WCN5b5T.png

WCN5b5T.png

2ROzItH.png

Thanks! I wouldn't have made it possible without your parts Beale

By the way, amazing work at the fluid tanks, may I ask, what is the purpose of the four protruding bits covered by the thermal blankets?

8 hours ago, Beale said:

They’re a Reddish-Brown color, almost like how they are in the mod currently due to exposure. They appear either pinkish or more dark red depending on the lighting conditions, as goldforest has described.

however, it would still be nice to have a vibrant red variant just to represent the module as it was shortly after launch.

1280px-ISS-65_Nauka_docks_to_the_Interna

Edited by CollectingSP

Posted (edited)

You didn't think we were finished with nebulous working fluid tanks did you

4VoCguF.png

o1PjDJ7.png

lIIHqJu.png

20 hours ago, ThatGust said:

Thanks! I wouldn't have made it possible without your parts Beale

By the way, amazing work at the fluid tanks, may I ask, what is the purpose of the four protruding bits covered by the thermal blankets?

Oh these are just small hard points to put RCS, it seems that way on the proposed tug

Edited by Beale

I know the RD-0110 isnt done yet (I will be getting to finish it very soon, it just needs plumes and sfx!) but here's the very early beginning of an RD-107/108, Frank for scale.
lqM1ifX.png

The verniers will be included on the main part like they are setup right now for ease of building, but there'll also be a stand-alone vernier, and a variant of the main engine with no verniers at all, for all of your weird no-good kitbashing needs :confused:

1 hour ago, CardZLol said:

I know the RD-0110 isnt done yet (I will be getting to finish it very soon, it just needs plumes and sfx!) but here's the very early beginning of an RD-107/108, Frank for scale.
lqM1ifX.png

The verniers will be included on the main part like they are setup right now for ease of building, but there'll also be a stand-alone vernier, and a variant of the main engine with no verniers at all, for all of your weird no-good kitbashing needs :confused:

This is what we're all here for!

Thanks to some incredible help (we'll hopefully make a proper post soon), it may soon be possible to unobtrusively PBR-ise parts mods, so I'm delighted to show you some initial Tantares parts in PBR.

pZf1aWp.png
kSh9zRL.png
O4W1j8c.png
J2B8vIZ.jpeg

1 hour ago, Beale said:

Thanks to some incredible help (we'll hopefully make a proper post soon), it may soon be possible to unobtrusively PBR-ise parts mods, so I'm delighted to show you some initial Tantares parts in PBR.

Silver heathsielding for Proton and Soyuz would be amazing

A possible bug I noticed with the drogue chute that stacks nicely on top of its intended parachute (I think it's the Auriga) and has color variants: its "hitbox" is absolutely massive that when I put it on top of the Alnair-18 capsule, it heats up on reentry to the point that it will burn up. I have to turn on ignore max temperature in the cheats menu to make the drogue chute survive to be usable.

myd5c8j3a34.png

Edited by marxman28

On 7/28/2024 at 2:27 AM, marxman28 said:

A possible bug I noticed with the drogue chute that stacks nicely on top of its intended parachute (I think it's the Auriga) and has color variants: its "hitbox" is absolutely massive that when I put it on top of the Alnair-18 capsule, it heats up on reentry to the point that it will burn up. I have to turn on ignore max temperature in the cheats menu to make the drogue chute survive to be usable.

myd5c8j3a34.png

Oh that ain't good. Will have a look thanks.

nMZvpeV.png

XuwRfpY.png

qI80CfE.png

Musical interlude;

P7LAmEF.png

m8fV2Cr.png

6 minutes ago, Beale said:

Musical interlude;

P7LAmEF.png

m8fV2Cr.png

Are you telling me you were working on UR-700 in secret this entire time? Well, probably sharing progress in [redacted] right? But publicly, you've kept this secret from us? For how long?! 

Edited by GoldForest

2 hours ago, Beale said:

nMZvpeV.png

XuwRfpY.png

qI80CfE.png

Musical interlude;

P7LAmEF.png

m8fV2Cr.png

The engine section is coming together, im quite interested in how you are gonna model the engines since there isnt that many documentation about how exactly they were gonna look.

Omg, as i recall, earlier in this tread some pics of the UR-700 were posted. Is it gonna be released?? Im excited for the RD-270 hehe

3 hours ago, Beale said:

Musical interlude;

---Picture Removed---

You already did this joke a few years ago; I see that the images are again out-of-game renders.

For the stuff that actually is real, it looks great!

6 hours ago, Beale said:

nMZvpeV.png

XuwRfpY.png

qI80CfE.png

Musical interlude;

P7LAmEF.png

m8fV2Cr.png

Also, all Vostok capsules (including Voskhod and Zenit) have no aerodynamic drag during descent into the atmosphere. I just crash like a bullet at crazy speed if I don’t insert something inside the Vostok texture for aerobraking.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, EvilSpace said:

Also, all Vostok capsules (including Voskhod and Zenit) have no aerodynamic drag during descent into the atmosphere. I just crash like a bullet at crazy speed if I don’t insert something inside the Vostok texture for aerobraking.

Are you using FAR or anything similar?
All those capsules have custom drag cubes that steal from the soyuz capsule, so if the soyuz capsule isn't a bullet, neither should they be.

You can also try delete partdatabase.cfg from the ksp root directory, for the game to regenerate drag cubes.

Might be a b9 issue, I'll look into it.

18 hours ago, Kerb24 said:

You already did this joke a few years ago; I see that the images are again out-of-game renders.

For the stuff that actually is real, it looks great!

Hey I actually did get this one ingame!

Spoiler

eVuxWiz.png

MPD

uoSLI4o.png

BdHB1ON.png

Edited by Beale

25 minutes ago, Beale said:

Are you using FAR or anything similar?
All those capsules have custom drag cubes that steal from the soyuz capsule, so if the soyuz capsule isn't a bullet, neither should they be.

You can also try delete partdatabase.cfg from the ksp root directory, for the game to regenerate drag cubes.

This is stock aerodynamics, only increased in x2.5 scale. In any case, Soyuz works great for me.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Minmus Taster said:

YARN | He can't keep getting away with it! | Breaking Bad (2008) - S05E12  Drama | Video clips by quotes | 7642cb5d | 紗

Though mimsy... Wouldst though... it's all forlorn...

Now the fun's over, back to MEK.  Some might say the fun is only just beginning.

hpBi4FQ.jpeg
fYHiAUt.png

Edited by Beale

On 7/31/2024 at 5:52 PM, Beale said:

Hey I actually did get this one ingame!

All those years of kitbashing an UR-700 for the great LK-700 might finally come to an end... Fantastic!

Posted (edited)
On 8/1/2024 at 9:03 PM, crberus said:

All those years of kitbashing an UR-700 for the great LK-700 might finally come to an end... Fantastic!

One day, for certain.

Working on two fronts now:

s9R2hDw.png

The electric engines (need a lot of balancing).

"Resurfaced" (working title) will bring metallic PBR shaders as friendly replacements for vanilla part shaders, with the help of the lovely @Al2Me6

MezlQ8e.jpeg

Also I have a patreon now, because why not:

patreon.com/Tantares

Please don't feel pressured to join, everything I make will remain free and always will do, but if you want to buy me a beer or something, support the development, I'd appreciate it!
I will share there (free posts) some various bits of information on what I'm working on, and their background. I may also throw the occasional strange experiment up there, such as the cardboard UR700, no promises though :wink:

Edited by Beale

On 8/2/2024 at 6:09 PM, Beale said:

One day, for certain.

Working on two fronts now:

s9R2hDw.png

The electric engines (need a lot of balancing).

"Resurfaced" (working title) will bring metallic PBR shaders as friendly replacements for vanilla part shaders, with the help of the lovely @Al2Me6

MezlQ8e.jpeg

Also I have a patreon now, because why not:

patreon.com/Tantares

Please don't feel pressured to join, everything I make will remain free and always will do, but if you want to buy me a beer or something, support the development, I'd appreciate it!
I will share there (free posts) some various bits of information on what I'm working on, and their background. I may also throw the occasional strange experiment up there, such as the cardboard UR700, no promises though :wink:

Is there any chance of waterfall plumes for electric engines? Not the end of the world but it is good to see.