[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [16.1][28.05.2024][{Proton Revamp]

Beale

Regarding red star on LK, apparently, this is really a political thing, since that symbol is somewhere restricted, what I found on Wiki:

This image contains symbols use of which may be illegal in Hungary (except under certain restrictions; Hungarian Criminal Code 269/B.§ 1993), Indonesia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, and Ukraine, depending on context.

Really weird, it's not hammer and a sickle with a strong political meaning, IMO.

Regarding red star on LK, apparently, this is really a political thing, since that symbol is somewhere restricted, what I found on Wiki:

Really weird, it's not hammer and a sickle with a strong political meaning, IMO.

So I've got Hungarian KSP player's arrested? :blush:

I better remove it!

Edit: Switched to Blu star.

7e381fba3c.jpg

Edited by Beale
Making Tantares not illegal.

From my, Croatian observations (we have some... special people here aswell asking for banning of the red star, hammer and sickle etc...), I'd say it's the usual post-WW2 martyr-complex causing this, it's typical for Poland, Croatia, Finland...

Probably why its contextually illegal. i.e. you could probably use it in a history book or in a game which has historical recreation elements or just as a red star. But putting it up as the background for a political advert or during a public protest may result in a visit from unsympathetic people with truncheons

I hope my RSSA will be not considered political, since it has Red Star on its name.

BTW, guys, what are your opinions on this logo/flag for it?

http://i.imgur.com/As4uB03.png

That's... er... pretty freakin' cool.

This is yours? Am I allowed to use that?

Also...

Tantares 20!

Includes symmetrical Soyuz RPM setup, I chose to leave it as it is, as I would like to take a second shot at the Neptune, which will take a little while longer! :)

I could have saved version 20 for something a little more... amazing, but eh.

Actually a small art pass to Progress which I didn't mention yet. Mainly just cleaned some of the 'harsher' parts of the textures.

53d5bae411.jpg

Edited by Beale

That's... er... pretty freakin' cool.

This is yours? Am I allowed to use that?

Also...

Tantares 20!

Congrats on the release! I think RO configs would need an update pretty soon :P

Thanks! Yep, it's mine and you can use it freely! :)

I'll put some texture on it so it'll be a flag, but this way it'd be a logo for youtube channel I'll set for my next flights. :)

Congrats on the release! I think RO configs would need an update pretty soon :P

Thanks! Yep, it's mine and you can use it freely! :)

I'll put some texture on it so it'll be a flag, but this way it'd be a logo for youtube channel I'll set for my next flights. :)

Brilliant!

That'll make a nice replacement for the old star. Thanks :)

So, will we start putting a veil on the female kerbals because depicting females without veils is forbidden in some countries?

Is this really the place to cater to or discuss ridiculous censorship laws in some countries?

Try adding procedural fairings too

(and check you haven't pruned anything from stock - the shenzou wanted one of the stock nosecones)

Thanks so much for the help, because of the mention of Procedural fairings and RLA stockalike, i got the mod working!

So, will we start putting a veil on the female kerbals because depicting females without veils is forbidden in some countries?

Is this really the place to cater to or discuss censorship?

They are not humans, so it's ok. :P

But jokes aside, I think it might be made optional, like, a personal folder in "Alternative Textures", but keeping it in main might cause some discontent, like it happened several pages ago. For my personal opinion, it's ok, well, not like USSR exists anymore, but since there are complaints...

If you need, a version for an EVA flag with "wear&tear". :)

http://i.imgur.com/NSfDgsh.png

This will be cool too!

Is this really the place to cater to or discuss ridiculous censorship laws in some countries?

I do know where you're coming from.

But, Hungary is right on a lot of our doorsteps, I've been to Budapest a couple of times, I can be absolutely sure there are a lot of KSP players from the country (In fact I think I see a few on the forums). Wouldn't want to risk any repercussions for them over something silly, whatever small chance.

It's different than say removing a symbol because it's banned in North Korea.

Might as well put the issue to rest and remove it, eh? :)

Edit: Oh, it isn't just Hungary, I mis-read. Even more reason.

Well after add both RLA stockalike and Procedural Fairings, i got the mod working! Word of advice though, Please tell people who are downloading the craft files and this that they need the 2 mods i mentioned.

Good news!

I think it is marked quite clearly though the required mods on the craft page, lemme check.

But jokes aside, I think it might be made optional, like, a personal folder in "Alternative Textures", but keeping it in main might cause some discontent, like it happened several pages ago. For my personal opinion, it's ok, well, not like USSR exists anymore, but since there are complaints...

I do agree with you, but, I'll be electric and follow the path of least resistance :P

I don't feel so strongly about the star staying or leaving.

Alternative textures might work.

Edited by Beale

This will be cool too!

I do know where you're coming from.

But, Hungary is right on a lot of our doorsteps, I've been to Budapest a couple of times, I can be absolutely sure there are a lot of KSP players from the country (In fact I think I see a few on the forums). Wouldn't want to risk any repercussions for them over something silly, whatever small chance.

It's different than say removing a symbol because it's banned in North Korea.

Might as well put the issue to rest and remove it, eh? :)

Edit: Oh, it isn't just Hungary, I mis-read. Even more reason.

Good news!

I think it is marked quite clearly though the required mods on the craft page, lemme check.

I do agree with you, but, I'll be electric and follow the path of least resistance :P

Alternative textures might work.

Oh, You do, i meant on the front page instead of clicking a link to go to page 444

Hey Beale, i dunno if anybody else has noticed it, but you forgot to add the KIS configs i have made earlier in the last 2 releases.

It's not that i whine about everything, but since the latest KIS uses liters instead of m³, most of the parts will have way less cargo space than they should have.

I'll edit the KIS config and send it back.

Update: here's the fixed KIS config file:https://www.dropbox.com/s/9dxicatlpnwoqg4/Tantares_Extra_KIS.cfg?dl=0

Edited by MK3424
added config file

My issue with the red star wasn't its political affiliation but it's planetary one. It just seemed very Terran to me.

Now some folks want "kerbalized" versions of Earth flags and so forth, but I don't really - and it seemed to my eye to "jump out" as a known symbol. I still prefer my proposal:

HmLNZTT.png?1

Mockup:

dE50F9r.jpg

Edited by tg626

Oh, You do, i meant on the front page instead of clicking a link to go to page 444

Good idea!

Hey Beale, i dunno if anybody else has noticed it, but you forgot to add the KIS configs i have made earlier in the last 2 releases.

It's not that i whine about everything, but since the latest KIS uses liters instead of m³, most of the parts will have way less cargo space than they should have.

I'll edit the KIS config and send it back.

Update: here's the fixed KIS config file:https://www.dropbox.com/s/9dxicatlpnwoqg4/Tantares_Extra_KIS.cfg?dl=0

Ack!

Thanks for reminding me.

Will fix.

My issue with the red star wasn't its political affiliation but it's planetary one. It just seemed very Terran to me.

Now some folks want "kerbalized" versions of Earth flags and so forth, but I don't really - and it seemed to my eye to "jump out" as a known symbol. I still prefer my proposal:

http://i.imgur.com/HmLNZTT.png?1

I'd like to use that kerbal logo.

Unfortunately I UV mapped the dish as a pair of symmetrical sections. So the logo needs to be symmetrical.

Could alter it so the rocket is going straight up I guess.

I appreciate the mockup though! :)

BDF3A8CD318225835F13C2D82523357A4A67CC9D

All Terrain Soyuz

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/37493678735202851/7E9F69B11C8193897B4F7EA24FAF8D75F00C1FFB/

"Hey, do you know where Baikonur is, comrade!?"

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/37493678735178600/E7713CF1D71753F64234CA72A8E7991B4CDD88BB/

Top speed of 13 m/s

I never thought this'd work. But it did!

The next step is to use Infernal Robotics to be able to launch it... and the step after that is to mobilize the N1. Thank you Beale and other modders for making wonderful addons!