[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Things are happening]

Beale

Nice, when I have/make the time for KSP, finally I can build something.

But I gotta ask. Where are all of the british parts, those cones and cylinders in plain grey? I need those and I can't remember why it's not in the pack. Last ship I built used these y'know:

VCbsLEx.png

Tha last ship I built in 1.0.5, a ship I need to remake since I didn't get to enjoy it much due to low framerates and whatnot.

And here's a ship I built last year in 1.0.4:

Not latest anymore but the point is: Where are those British parts! *does the Darth Vader impression*

Edited by T'Flok

4 minutes ago, T'Flok said:

Nice, when I have/make the time for KSP, finally I can build something.

But I gotta ask. Where are all of the british parts, those cones and cylinders in plain grey? I need those and I can't remember why it's not in the pack. Last ship I built used these y'know:

Tha last ship I built in 1.0.5, a ship I need to remake since I didn't get to enjoy it much due to low framerates and whatnot.

And here's a ship I built last year in 1.0.4:

Not latest anymore but the point is: Where are those British parts! *does the Darth Vader impression*

The british parts are still in the new LV folder. 

7 minutes ago, lrd.Helmet said:

The british parts are still in the new LV folder. 

Uh, you kind of lost me there. I just re-downloaded TantaresLV and they are nowhere! :huh: I just checked ingame.

21 minutes ago, T'Flok said:

Uh, you kind of lost me there. I just re-downloaded TantaresLV and they are nowhere! :huh: I just checked ingame.

Did you download from spacedock? Because I just did, and the NLV folder holds arrow, prince, knight and centaur parts.

Just to be clear you mean the black arrow and such right?

53 minutes ago, Mykill Metal said:

Anyone know what's up with this? http://imgur.com/Uy4xFpQ

Clearly a lack of Contares mods.

Install the parts out of (Contares 1.6.4 for 1.0.5) or wait for the 1.1 update.

- "Contares Antennas and Dishes" was release for 1.1.
- Decoupler was in "Contares H-JAXA (K[N]ippons way to space)" also for 1.1.
- Periscope and Fin will come with "Contares addon for Tantares ALV/TLV Parts" next days.

Edited by hraban

9 minutes ago, lrd.Helmet said:

Did you download from spacedock? Because I just did, and the NLV folder holds arrow, prince, knight and centaur parts.

Just to be clear you mean the black arrow and such right?

Aye. I did.

Edited by T'Flok

14 hours ago, Deltac said:

Did a Stock KSP reinstall, Mechjeb and Tantares only.  Flew the same configuration as you, and flippity flip! Also just put a progress command module on top, and still flippity flip.  To me it appears that the not-a-proton-don't-sue-us has reversed aerodynamics.  Instead of wanting to point the nose into the wind, it wants to point it's rear to the wind.  Both the first stage and second stage do this.  Great for landing like the Falcon 9, but not great for getting into space.  I'd suggest downloading your own mod and seeing if those files are behaving.  Perhaps also reinstalling KSP.  Might also need to do the debugging dance of software testing.

Very interesting. 

I did as you suggested, no issues flying.

Few suggestions:

• Mechjeb seems to be causing issues, possibly.
  • What is your delta time setting in option menu?
  • How are you flying, profile?

13 hours ago, Joeybafoey said:

Hello! I love this mod so much, especially the rockets! It's probably my favorite mod. I just downloaded the one with Mir, Soyuz, Salyut, Progress, and such but I cannot figure out how to build the more famous Soviet and Russian crafts , specifically, Soyuz, the LK lander, and Progress. Do you have a tutorial or build instructions page for any of those? Thanks.

I'm putting together a manual, but not ready yet.

Here is a snippet to help you build Soyuz :)

f31edb15d4.jpg96b9dbfba9.jpg

10 hours ago, curtquarquesso said:

On TweakScale, I'll get to it ASAP. There are some changes I've made. Tomorrow I'll upload a fresh batch of configs. Thanks for being patient. I'm going to ask @pellinor to remove the current patch for Tantares as to not confuse people, but I think either @pellinor should distribute the patch with TweakScale, or @Beale should distribute it with Tantares. It's Beale's call though. I'm still available to maintain, but I imagine it's inconvenient for people to keep having to re-download the patch every time Tantares gets update, which compared to most mods, is pretty frequently. 

Ack, I should organize all this soon.

I fall behind with MM patches if I don't use the mods they are for.

I only regularly use Remote Tech and KIS/KAS, not much else so I don't pay much attention to the other patches :( 

8 hours ago, Sandworm said:

I like the parts, but am totally confused about docking.  I've docked the Tantares probe/drogue pair easily.  They just work.  Now I'm trying with the larger pair and cannot get anywhere.  Extand, retract, backoff and try again ... I'm just bumping parts.

Are these meant to dock with each other?  If not, is there a list somewhere showing exactly which go with which?  If I am wrong about these two, there is no clear instruction in-game.

*****  Update 2.  I changed the Ficcare to "genderFemale = false" and the parts docked.  That fixed the problem on my end.  Has anyone else faced this?

xfwioXf.png

You're using an out of date version.

This bug is fixed in V.34 :) 

59 minutes ago, T'Flok said:

Aye. I did.

Whoops!

Looks like I removed a few of the parts used in those old Planetes-inspired crafts. The Black Arrow parts received a rescale.

But, are you saying you have no British parts?

Try searching "NLV" in the VAB search.

22 hours ago, Beale said:

Impressive! There were a lot of control issues yes.

I'm not currently working on it, but don't have the heart to delete it, so it lingers.

Yes, I forgot to note in the update changelog (but have now fixed).

Gemini parts have been removed and put in a separate pack "Trails".
To save your craft, download an earlier version and put in the parts.

''Gemini parts have been removed and put in a separate pack "Trails".
To save your craft, download an earlier version and put in the parts.''

Wait, what? Download an earlier version of Tantares? Sorry, not sure what the proper fixing procedure you're alluring to is... 

40 minutes ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

''Gemini parts have been removed and put in a separate pack "Trails".
To save your craft, download an earlier version and put in the parts.''

Wait, what? Download an earlier version of Tantares? Sorry, not sure what the proper fixing procedure you're alluring to is... 

1. Go here.
  2. Go to the changelog.
  3. Download Tantares 33.0
  4. Copy the part files you want (Ex. Spica_RCS_A.mu, Spica_RCS_A.cfg and Spica_Crew_A.dds)
  5. Insert files into current Tantares installation.

The only negative side here, is that the Spica RCS block required the entire 1024x1024 texture sheet.

I don't recommend doing this, as I won't be supporting any of these files in the future.

Edited by Beale

21 minutes ago, Beale said:
  1. Go here.
  2. Go to the changelog.
  3. Download Tantares 33.0
  4. Copy the part files you want (Ex. Spica_RCS_A.mu, Spica_RCS_A.cfg and Spica_Crew_A.dds)
  5. Insert files into current Tantares installation.

The only negative side here, is that the Spica RCS block required the entire 1024x1024 texture sheet.

I don't recommend doing this, as I won't be supporting any of these files in the future.

Right, ok. I know you're working on the TRAILS mod, so I'm assuming the best thing is to wait for a 1.1 compatible release of that mod?

Thanks for the reply and for the sweet mods! 

CM

22 minutes ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

Right, ok. I know you're working on the TRAILS mod, so I'm assuming the best thing is to wait for a 1.1 compatible release of that mod?

Thanks for the reply and for the sweet mods! 

CM

Thanks!

But, yeah - Trails will be ready very soon hopefully, I just have a small delay. There are only a few things I want to fix up before releasing it.

11 minutes ago, T'Flok said:

Nope. Not those parts my previous ships had.

I think most of those parts were removed unfortunately, do you have a screenshot of what you get when searching NLV?

Example of changes:
5625d4ad2e.jpg

Edited by Beale

24 minutes ago, Beale said:

I think most of those parts were removed unfortunately, do you have a screenshot of what you get when searching NLV?

Example of changes:
5625d4ad2e.jpg

Ah, well.. my issue is that the two conical parts you see on my LIS-1 ship that have a separator in the middle, and notice the two cylinder tanks on the sides of the long clunker of mine. Those are nowhere to be found in 1.1's Tantares.

The frell am I supposed to use now to build/fly those ships again? Seriously!? It's bad enough that I don't get to shape my own ships like in Starmade. Now I have part removal in KSP going on!?! ....FRELL!!!

Edited by T'Flok
Rant

22 minutes ago, Beale said:

Well, the parts weren't removed so much as rebuilt with a completely different (correct) scaling scheme.

28 minutes ago, T'Flok said:

Ah, well.. my issue is that the two conical parts you see on my LIS-1 ship that have a separator in the middle, and notice the two cylinder tanks on the sides of the long clunker of mine. Those are nowhere to be found in 1.1's Tantares.

The frell am I supposed to use now to build/fly those ships again? Seriously!? It's bad enough that I don't get to shape my own ships like in Starmade. Now I have part removal in KSP going on!?! ....FRELL!!!

27 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Well, the parts weren't removed so much as rebuilt with a completely different (correct) scaling scheme.

Okay, I understand better now.

Some parts have changed around, but it took only a few minutes to recreate one of your craft. I think you will just need to rethink the designs and experiment.

The second option, the old parts were under different names, so you could use them side-by-side with the new, if you are willing to do a little file swapping.

You play with Infinite fuel correct? I think you will enjoy the new engine choices greatly :wink: 

6706b860c2.jpg

Edited by Beale

1 hour ago, Beale said:

Okay, I understand better now.

Some parts have changed around, but it took only a few minutes to recreate one of your craft. I think you will just need to rethink the designs and experiment.

The second option, the old parts were under different names, so you could use them side-by-side with the new, if you are willing to do a little file swapping.

You play with Infinite fuel correct? I think you will enjoy the new engine choices greatly :wink: 

6706b860c2.jpg

First of all I must apologize for my reaction. I just don't respond all that well to sudden changes of established parts, or anything else for that matter. Nice quick mock-up of my original thing though!

I've noticed the engine quality and overall quality of parts has improved much, I like that the adapters are revamped too and go with the rest of the parts. And yeah, I have all infinite cheat stuff switched on as I always do in KSP and in other games too in terms of cheats. I cheat a lot to get my version of fun out of games, I just can't for my own mental health play games normally as last time I tried I almost broke something in real life and a few days later I did break a lot of things but that was not due to a game but from pure frustration both in gaming and in real life.

Anyhow, after taking a closer look at the newer parts I ended up making this little thing, it has stock's Mk1 cone capsule welded inside it and yes, you can exit and enter it even:

KPPS-1_KerbalProbePodShip_Prototype1_Man

It's the only way I can have both three RPM monitors and a window that still works all the while the ship looking something else entirely from the outside. And no it's not a lander nor an escape thing. Not sure what it is but it's manned/kerballed and that unmodified/yet-to-modify main engine got it to orbit. I think I'm starting to see the charm in KSP again as I had no noticeable framerate issues other than a mod or two not working properly.

Edited by T'Flok

Work has begun on the N1-L3. She needs a fair amount of fine tuning. Right now she looks like a skyscraper and steers like one, too.

Wheeeee!!
IFbvsi7.png?1

After catastrophic failure a minor in-flight oopsie, I noticed this. What do I win?
E9MKAvo.png?2

2 hours ago, Jack Wolfe said:

Work has begun on the N1-L3. She needs a fair amount of fine tuning. Right now she looks like a skyscraper and steers like one, too.

Wheeeee!!
IFbvsi7.png?1

After catastrophic failure a minor in-flight oopsie, I noticed this. What do I win?

What parts pack did those gridfins come from?

Alright, I've made an FE filter for Tantares, TantaresLV, and Contares, and also updated my tweakscale patch to include Contares. If you downloaded my previous patch, you should delete it, though leaving it probably won't do anything. https://www.dropbox.com/s/lqb6r1yo1dckiqw/Fox%20Tantares%20Contares%20Patches.7z?dl=0

22 hours ago, Beale said:

Very interesting. 

I did as you suggested, no issues flying.

Few suggestions:

• Mechjeb seems to be causing issues, possibly.
  • What is your delta time setting in option menu?
  • How are you flying, profile?

I actually tried a few flights without mechjeb to test the aerodynamics.  Went straight up for roughly 5000 meters, then tilted just a hair past 5 degrees, and flippity flop!  Then I noticed as the whole assembly was falling (or with the first stage decoupled), it stabilized with the rear facing down, thus allowing me to attempt a Falcon 9 landing.  Somehow, somewhere, in some far off galaxy, the aerodynamics for the not-proton are getting flipped.  I really hate these bugs where the person who can fix them can't recreate them.  For me it's a constant "It's not working, fix it!"  and I'm like "But it is working" as I stare into their souls with hollowed eyes.  @_@

2 minutes ago, Deltac said:

I actually tried a few flights without mechjeb to test the aerodynamics.  Went straight up for roughly 5000 meters, then tilted just a hair past 5 degrees, and flippity flop!  Then I noticed as the whole assembly was falling (or with the first stage decoupled), it stabilized with the rear facing down, thus allowing me to attempt a Falcon 9 landing.  Somehow, somewhere, in some far off galaxy, the aerodynamics for the not-proton are getting flipped.  I really hate these bugs where the person who can fix them can't recreate them.  For me it's a constant "It's not working, fix it!"  and I'm like "But it is working" as I stare into their souls with hollowed eyes.  @_@

I cannot agree more. The aerodynamic bugs just make me want to quit all-together. The reports I receive make it seem that everyone is playing a slightly different game.

Could you try delete partDatabase.cfg in KSP root directory, then retry?

Edited by Beale

8 minutes ago, Beale said:

I cannot agree more. The aerodynamic bugs just make me want to quit all-together. The reports I receive make it seem that everyone is playing a slightly different game.

Could you try delete partDatabase.cfg in KSP root directory, then retry?

I don't want to put more mess, but my Proton flies ok (still ultrapowered, reached 150km orbit with an half full 2nd stage). Same for Soyuz. Proton even without fins (Tried with 1st stage AIF-1, 2nd stage A-UZ8 tank+A-HOT engine, 3rd stage A-FWA tank+A-MW5 engine, full TKS spacecraft as payload). One bug that I noticed is at MECO 1st stage the view changed focus, focusing on something way behind the rocket (fixed by itself just before circularizing, tried in every way, map mode, cycling view mode). Soyuz is OK, with 4 otter on central engines and 2x on every strap-on tank. Soyuz configuration was normal (1st stage 4x T-EZS tank and T-92G engine, 2nd stage T-TB1 T-7P5 tanks and T-M4K engine, 3rd stage T-QFT tank and T-M4K engine, Full Soyuz spacecraft payload). Only problem in Soyuz is that the slanted fairing base is useless, because you cannot create straight up fairings with solar panels attached to Soyuz. There's not enough space, the fairing base should be a little bit larger on top