What little thing do YOU think should be added to KSP?

In addition to the "EVA" and "IVA" buttons in Kerbonauts' portraits, how about a "transfer" button? That way you can move a Kerbonaut without having to check every crew compartment on the ship because you forgot where the little (*&@#@&*(*^@ is hiding......

(This frequently gets to be an issue for me, because I run some big operations--my upcoming mission to Duna is flagged by a mothership that will be carrying a crew of 20)

Edited by GeneralVeers
Apparently one particular B-word is censored!

10 hours ago, GeneralVeers said:

In addition to the "EVA" and "IVA" buttons in Kerbonauts' portraits, how about a "transfer" button? That way you can move a Kerbonaut without having to check every crew compartment on the ship because you forgot where the little (*&@#@&*(*^@ is hiding......

Absolutely agree!  I'm running some Tourist contracts, where some of the tourists need to land on the Mun.  I have the rest of the touring crew sit in orbit while the surface-bound tourist does his/her thing, and it's a pain trying to figure out where I put each tourist.

Two things I actually thought of several times ever since I got KSP, but just remembered again today:

Two things needed in Map View: there needs to be a way to select the planet you're currently orbiting as the target, and also it needs to be possible to select "focus view" with Kerbin like you can with any other planet (Kerbin doesn't give you the "set target/focus view" menu in the map).

7 hours ago, GeneralVeers said:

Two things needed in Map View: there needs to be a way to select the planet you're currently orbiting as the target, and also it needs to be possible to select "focus view" with Kerbin like you can with any other planet (Kerbin doesn't give you the "set target/focus view" menu in the map).

I am almost sure that you already can focus view on Kerbin: just double-click on it.

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 0:16 AM, GeneralVeers said:

(This frequently gets to be an issue for me, because I run some big operations--my upcoming mission to Duna is flagged by a mothership that will be carrying a crew of 20)

Oh, this could be really handy!

38 minutes ago, HoloYolo said:

I personally want to have an option to enable voices for the kerbals. Launching them to their doo-I mean mission while hearing them would be great.

I'm with you on this. 
Chatterer is the only Mod I can't live without, and I wish they would make it stock, at least the voices! 
I love hearing them talk back and forth in the background. 

7 hours ago, Alpha188 said:

I am almost sure that you already can focus view on Kerbin: just double-click on it.

You can. I was already aware of this.

The reason this keeps becoming an issue for me is, much of the time I've got multiple ships in Kerbin orbit. Fact is, I can't get at Kerbin because the double-click keeps registering on one of the ships instead. With most other planets, you can single-click to get the focus option, but Kerbin thinks it's special and gives you an attitude about it.

Side note: clicking on stuff seems to be squirrelly in a couple other ways, such as when a ship icon is visible but clicking on it doesn't give you the "target" option. I think it's because the planet that ship is orbiting doesn't "have the focus" but the game doesn't make clear why.

1 hour ago, mattinoz said:

It would be nice if I could get the brakes to stay-on without having to time wrap with the B-key held down. Seeing as you can't activate airbrakes get get them to hold once your in the atmosphere.

If you click the brake indicator, it will lock the brakes on. (I didn't know that trick myself until a few months ago)

Just now, zolotiyeruki said:

If you click the brake indicator, it will lock the brakes on. (I didn't know that trick myself until a few months ago)

My co-worker and also KSP tragic just pointed out this is a mac specific bug think. Both hitting the b key or hitting the button works on windows.

7 hours ago, GeneralVeers said:

You can. I was already aware of this.

The reason this keeps becoming an issue for me is, much of the time I've got multiple ships in Kerbin orbit. Fact is, I can't get at Kerbin because the double-click keeps registering on one of the ships instead. With most other planets, you can single-click to get the focus option, but Kerbin thinks it's special and gives you an attitude about it.

Side note: clicking on stuff seems to be squirrelly in a couple other ways, such as when a ship icon is visible but clicking on it doesn't give you the "target" option. I think it's because the planet that ship is orbiting doesn't "have the focus" but the game doesn't make clear why.

1. Map view > Zoom out until you see other planets > Single-click on Kebin > Focus
2. Map view > Press Tab > Press Tab a few more times to cycle focus from Kerbol, Moho, Eve, Gilly, Kerbin, Mun...etc(Shift+Tab to reverse cycle !WATCH THE THROTTLE!)

You cannot "set target" to the planet you are orbiting(or even if your current editable maneuver node is in its SOI)...it probably sounds stupid to target the body you are orbiting, but for many slingshots i wish i could do it. This makes double slingshots from Kerbin so impossibly hard :(

2 minutes ago, GeneralVeers said:

Whatever the mechanism is, Blaark, it should be the same everywhere. When Kerbin acts different it always throws me.

Its not Kerbin that is different...it is the "current orbit parent body" that is different. You get the exact same results in orbit around Eve, where you cannot single click focus/target Eve. The only reason it seems to mostly happen around Kerbin is because...well we are mostly around Kerbin :) 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.