[WIP][1.0.5]* RSS Visual Enhancements (RVE)

pingopete

Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter  

2,062 members have voted

1. 1. Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter

• A) 1 main cloud layer, 1 cirrus layer (Medium/Compromise)
    • A) Low, Medium, High cloud layers (Heavy/Realistic)
    • B) Detail bias towards Land/Atmosphere visuals
    • B) Detail bias towards Orbit/Space visuals
    • C) Realism
    • C) Detail
    • C) CPU accessibility

There's a handy "view seamless tiling" feature below each image when you click it as well. The main thing with WIP EVE that bugs me is that the textures aren't just plain tiled. They're flipped and then tiled. Is there a way to prevent this?

You'd have to ask rbray I'm afraid

You'd have to ask rbray I'm afraid

I was the last person to post on his thread and I don't really want to edit that post a second time... I'd have to ask him later :P

Hm... that might be a cool feature to have in the config file... a line of code where you could specify whether you want a texture layed in a perfect tile, flipped, mirrored, 90/180 degree rotation, or a random rotation... one can dream.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Hey Pete, I was wondering if you have made progress with the Linux64 branch in the past month, and feel like pushing an update to Github :) RP-0 seems to have fixed its incompatibility with your mod (in Git, not released yet), so soon I'd be able to install RVE again to bask in its beauty... :)

Pete - thanks for getting back to me - there appear to be NO *.dll files in the EVE_Overhaul/Gamedata/ folder...the /Gamedata/Plugins folder only contains a 'license.txt' file and that's it. So...I guess to answer your question, no, I don't have the EVE *.dll's in Env...Vis...Enhancements folder because it appears as though there are none in the repository? I feel like I'm doing something terribly and simply wrong...

When I go to the EVE github and go do the Overhaul branch and press 't' to look at the all of the files in the repository, there really don't seem to be any *.dll files in there...there are in the master, but I don't seem to be seeing any in the Overhaul.

Thanks again and appreciate the help!!! You do tremendous work!

You gotta get the x86 release zip from the overhaul branch, it's not in one of the folders on github

Hey Pete, I was wondering if you have made progress with the Linux64 branch in the past month, and feel like pushing an update to Github :) RP-0 seems to have fixed its incompatibility with your mod (in Git, not released yet), so soon I'd be able to install RVE again to bask in its beauty... :)

If you want R-P0 with RVE, you can go to the commit and apply the changes to the areas Nathan did to the contracts, but make sure you have Notepad++ it will make it a ton of easier.

Hey, I have installed RVE 1.0.4 experimental to a standard CKAN RSS install, using only the Environmental Visual Enhancements plugins provided, the RVE folder itself (no Boulderco) folder and I get a strange atmosphere glitch around Earth...

I have deduced this to be an RVE problem since it does not occur without the RVE folder. I followed installation instructions to the letter (as far as I know) and have repeated them to be safe.

q9jmbdo.jpg

IJPc2ef.png

IuICBC8.jpg

It seems to be.... A CUBE!

DGhCzaq.jpg

As cool as this looks from far away, its annoying as hell in every other circumstance. Is this a common thing? (I don't suppose it is)

*EDIT*

More experimenting finds the root cause of this to be somewhere in the .DLL's of Environmental Visual Enhancement. I haven't tracked down which .DLL in particular yet.

*EDIT #2*

It seems to be Utils.dll and tied directly with the clouds - when I remove Utils.dll, this cube disappears, as do the clouds themselves. I am at a loss at how to solve this :(

Edited by JJJacksonTyler

Anyone found this bug?

FibqE1T.png

The FOV got messed up as well as the camera controls. Scrolling up zoomed out an scrolling down zoomed in. Also the box thingy. Outside of that the atmo colour is black. After restarting the game though, the bug went away!

mWFamUw.png

Edited by pack_rtr

Good afternoon!

I want to say that this is a very nice mode . But, unfortunately, I have a problem . Here are screenshots

Main menu:

b363e8eba2d3.jpg

On orbit, ALT ~ 900 000 m

b52bf273274e.jpg

0ed8aa033bc4.jpg

Of course, I pressed ALT+E on the launch pad.

Here the list of installed mods in the game

44141f760781.jpg

I am used KSP version 1.0.4. Windows 7 64. GeForce GTX 660, 16 Gb RAM. And I used OpenGL.

What did I do wrong? Or you just need to wait for the release mode.

Edited by Irenicus

Greetings! I'm trying to put in a launch complex with Kerbal Konstructs, but the water level is so high that it covers Cape Canaveral. How would I go about lowering the water a few meters?

The red stars show where missile row would be. You can see there's also city texture under water.

WsZtxPc.png

Greetings! I'm trying to put in a launch complex with Kerbal Konstructs, but the water level is so high that it covers Cape Canaveral. How would I go about lowering the water a few meters?

The red stars show where missile row would be. You can see there's also city texture under water.

http://i.imgur.com/WsZtxPc.png

Hi, As far as I know the water hasn't changed height, there's just a bug where the city textures persist under water, this has been noted to rbray, I'm afraid there's not really anything I can do without his help.

Thanks pingopete. The water probably did not change height. It was probably too high all along. The GPS coordinates of the Cape Canaveral Launch Complexes are under water, and probably always were. I was hoping there was a way to lower the water level. If the issue is that EVE does not have this ability, I'll check the source code and see if I can figure out how it's done, and rewrite that part of the plugin myself. Thanks!

Felbourn, I think that you should report this to NathanKell in the RSS thread and ask for the normal map of Earth to be corrected. This way the ground will be risen in this one point, instead of the water being lowered all around the globe.

Good afternoon!

I want to say that this is a very nice mode . But, unfortunately, I have a problem . Here are screenshots

Main menu:

http://s010.radikal.ru/i311/1509/ce/b363e8eba2d3.jpg

On orbit, ALT ~ 900 000 m

http://s017.radikal.ru/i405/1509/8f/b52bf273274e.jpg

http://s019.radikal.ru/i600/1509/85/0ed8aa033bc4.jpg

Of course, I pressed ALT+E on the launch pad.

Here the list of installed mods in the game

http://s018.radikal.ru/i517/1509/74/44141f760781.jpg

I am used KSP version 1.0.4. Windows 7 64. GeForce GTX 660, 16 Gb RAM. And I used OpenGL.

What did I do wrong? Or you just need to wait for the release mode.

You can't switch to vessels via the tracking center, you have to launch a vehicle and then switch via the map screen.

If you want R-P0 with RVE, you can go to the commit and apply the changes to the areas Nathan did to the contracts, but make sure you have Notepad++ it will make it a ton of easier.

Thx for the reply; I guess it'd be even easier (and more useful) to just grab RP-0 as a whole from Github. NK tends to ship the DLLs in the repo, too.

But my main question was if pingopete would be willing to update his Linux64 branch for RVE itself; I'm sure there were lots of neat things added in the past month that I'd love to tinker around with :)

You can't switch to vessels via the tracking center, you have to launch a vehicle and then switch via the map screen.

Thank you so much, pingopete!!!

But in the future you will fix that? :) Because switching to vessels via the tracking center I like see to our Earth :)

And thank you for NICE mod! Amazing Earth! As real :)

Thank you so much, pingopete!!!

But in the future you will fix that? :) Because switching to vessels via the tracking center I like see to our Earth :)

And thank you for NICE mod! Amazing Earth! As real :)

Thanks, yeah no it's definitely less than ideal, it's inherent to the current builds of the EVE overhaul and stems from deep within the .dlls which I lack the know-how to tweak :( sorry

OP removed it due to complaints, if you want the link type up RSS Visual Enhancements download and click on GitHub.

Also, I downloaded ATM Aggresive as well as this but the loading bar still hangs. I'm using KSP 1.0.4 on a MacBook Air running OSX Yosemite.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.