[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

I added this to a copy of the abl config and took the turret stuff out. The camera works, but I haven't tested it with targeting yet. Due to the ABL's model, you only get around 45* of view

MODULE

{

name = ModuleTargetingCamera

cameraTransformName = fireTransform

eyeHolderTransformName = eyeHolderTransform

zoomFOVs = 40,15,3,1

gimbalLimit = 90

}

Thanks man! I tried this myself and was unsuccessful. I'll give your cfg a shot when I get home later.

edit

It designates targets and moves, but I see what you mean. The ABL model will not move in response to the camera movements.

probably due to the pitch / yaw transform names being present on a weapon but not on the target cam

Edited by V8jester

Is MCLOS and SACLOS possible?

If you are using a laser designated missile, you can move the targeting pod reticle and it will attempt to follow the new lock it is receiving, I know it's not quite the same, but it has the same basic functionality. It would be nice to have a BGM-71 with this functionality though.

*EDIT* I realize, Bahamuto, that you are probably already swamped with new features as well as ideas of your own that you want to implement, and I apologize for making all of these suggestions, lol, it's probably just making this harder XD

Edited by CondorLead

Would anyone here be able/willing to make me a config which removes the BDArmory items from the utilities tab, so that they are only in the specific BD tab?
I second this, no reason to have them in two different places.

Try this - Another user made one already https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/1117/BDArmorySorting

Also If its alright with BD I tried my very inexperienced hand at editing the current target cam in blender and its cfg. I managed to reconfigure the model for a small underbelly FLIR ball but I won't redistribute this without BD's expressed permission as it is entirely his work that was simply tweaked for my own selfish reasons :)

Try this - Another user made one already https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/1117/BDArmorySorting

Also If its alright with BD I tried my very inexperienced hand at editing the current target cam in blender and its cfg. I managed to reconfigure the model for a small underbelly FLIR ball but I won't redistribute this without BD's expressed permission as it is entirely his work that was simply tweaked for my own selfish reasons :)

Don't bother, I made a FLIR ball for the next update.

Don't bother, I made a FLIR ball for the next update.

Oh awesome N/m then. Yours will be so much better than the one I came up with anyway. Still very green with Blender, but I learned a bit picking apart your work.... Learned I have a long way to go :)

Oh awesome N/m then. Yours will be so much better than the one I came up with anyway. Still very green with Blender, but I learned a bit picking apart your work.... Learned I have a long way to go :)

I doubt it - I pretty much just chopped off the head from the existing TGP; probably what you did.

I doubt it - I pretty much just chopped off the head from the existing TGP; probably what you did.

Yup exactly what I did, but I don't know how to do everything I need to yet. Something weird happened with the texture in the VAB. Looked like static until you launch then it looked and worked fine

Update v0.9.9

= New =

- Browning .50cal AN/M2 Fixed Gun

- Added auto proximity gun target tracking feature (currently used on fixed vulcan and browning)

- FLIR Ball Targeting Camera

- Dynamic launch zones for missiles

- DLZ display for Radar and TGP

- Guard will choose an appropriate anti-air missile depending on target distance and missile's DLZ

- AI Pilot will go evasive if it detects someone firing guns at it

= Changes =

- AI is better at trying to stay behind target

- Guard only force-enables RWR if missiles are detected (note: guard needs RWR to detect incoming radar missiles)

- Guard FOV will narrow on engaged target

- Improved and re-implemented Pilot AI launch authorization so they won't take missile shots that will obviously miss

- Added targeting info to missiles' description where it was missing

= Fixes =

- Re-enabled guard tweakables in editor

- Fixed LoadedVessels being reset when using hyperedit to place vessel

- Fixed shells being ejected in front of gun when moving

- Fixed radar window resetting when another vessel loads

- Fixed parts disappearing from BDA category after a database reload

- Removed BDA parts from utility category

- Removed 'aam' homing type from HEKV-1 (still untested)

Notes:

- I didn't include the wingman commander yet; it's not finished yet and will need alot of GUI, so I'll wait for KSP1.1 for that too.

- Modders: check the new launch range values for missiles. This will help players and AI choose a weapon/time a shot based on how far a target is.

- The "auto proxy gun target tracking" automatically brings up the target leading indicators when you're near a target for the guns that use it - no need for radar lock.

- When a guard engages a target, it will have a sort of tunnel vision on the target - one effect is that it will be more likely to detect incoming gunfire and missiles from that target, but less likely to notice a different target firing at it.

16fdb81124.png

Edited by BahamutoD

Update v0.9.9

= New =

- Browning .50cal AN/M2 Fixed Gun

- Added auto proximity gun target tracking feature (currently used on fixed vulcan and browning)

- FLIR Ball Targeting Camera

- Dynamic launch zones for missiles

- DLZ display for Radar and TGP

- Guard will choose an appropriate anti-air missile depending on target distance and missile's DLZ

- AI Pilot will go evasive if it detects someone firing guns at it

= Changes =

- AI is better at trying to stay behind target

- Guard only force-enables RWR if missiles are detected (note: guard needs RWR to detect incoming radar missiles)

- Guard FOV will narrow on engaged target

- Improved and re-implemented Pilot AI launch authorization so they won't take missile shots that will obviously miss

- Added targeting info to missiles' description where it was missing

= Fixes =

Notes:

- I didn't include the wingman commander yet; it's not finished yet and will need alot of GUI, so I'll wait for KSP1.1 for that too.

- Modders: check the new launch range values for missiles. This will help players and AI choose a weapon/time a shot based on how far a target is.

- The "auto proxy gun target tracking" automatically brings up the target leading indicators when you're near a target for the guns that use it - no need for radar lock.

http://puu.sh/jVsT0/16fdb81124.png

Thank you for the update! Thanks especially for the .50 FREEDOM CAL and the FLIR!

- - - Updated - - -

Although I know you worked really, really hard on the other stuff. I just really like the FLIR and .50 in real life :-)

Nice! Next update will be 1.0? And you will probably wait for KSP 1.1, right?

Maybe some weapons for the Kerbals, like guns or rocket launchers. Or you still haven't changed your mind on this? If so, please someone else make some firearms. We are waiting for it.

Also, you could almost make a new game. This mod adds so much stuff. Something like "Kerbal Democracy Program" haha.

Nice! Next update will be 1.0? And you will probably wait for KSP 1.1, right?

Maybe some weapons for the Kerbals, like guns or rocket launchers. Or you still haven't changed your mind on this? If so, please someone else make some firearms. We are waiting for it.

Also, you could almost make a new game. This mod adds so much stuff. Something like "Kerbal Democracy Program" haha.

There is no reason to believe next update's gonna be 1.0.

There's still 0.10 all the way up to 0.infinity before 1.0 rolls around.

Update v0.9.9

= Fixes =

HEKV-1 now works; just requires legacy targeting to be on. Many thanks.

Hi there, just downloaded the newest update and noticed the wingman commander manager was there, so tested it out

I realize it is still in testing but this is basically what happened

- Planes refused to follow

- After shooting down 1 plane my computer blue-screened

I suspect that this was due to the wingman manager being destroyed

I would submit a crash log but due to my PC blue screening KSP could not produce one

Many thanks for any insight into this problem :D

Hi there, just downloaded the newest update and noticed the wingman commander manager was there, so tested it out

I realize it is still in testing but this is basically what happened

- Planes refused to follow

- After shooting down 1 plane my computer blue-screened

I suspect that this was due to the wingman manager being destroyed

I would submit a crash log but due to my PC blue screening KSP could not produce one

Many thanks for any insight into this problem :D

Fudge. I thought I removed it. (It's not meant to be there)

Hotfix v0.9.9.1

- Removed "WingCommander test" (did not intend to include it. Unfinished.)

Edited by BahamutoD

I must say, I love the smaller "x now does y" type of commits you're making on GitHub instead of just doing one commit per release, makes it a lot easier to keep track of what changed and where. :)

Sorry if I'm being a dumbass here, but how do you use the air launched Cruise Missile? Whenever I try and fire it, it just arcs neatly and beautifully down... into the sea. Miles from where its meant to impact.

I think the only way that works is with the GPS Coordinator. It would be nice if that was in the description.

Anyway, what you have to do is the following;

• Send a plane over with the Targeting Pod, then use that to select your target, as if you were about to launch a laser-guided missile
  • Click the "Send GPS" button in the Targeting pod window.
  • In the BDArmory tab, select the "GPS Coordinator" button under the "Modules" list.
  • There should be an option there called "Target" with the GPS Coordinates. If you click the co-ordinates, the GPS Coordinator will target those Coordinates. You can also click where it says "Target" to rename the targeted co-ordinates.
  • Now, you should be able to drop the cruise missile and watch it home in on the coordinates.

It seems like a faff, implementing an extra step in the laser targeter instead of just using the laser targeter, but don't forget that GPS coordinates are persistent between flights. So presumably, say you wanted to blow up a heavily defended KSC, you'd be able to fly over a spy plane with the targeting pod attached, grab the coordinates and land all without engaging the enemy, then land and with a new flight, launch the cruise missile from a safe distance using the GPS Coordinates the Spyplane grabbed.

If you've already tried this, then I dunno. Maybe the cruise missile makes a beeline straight for the target- ie; through the planet.