[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

ok ill try to give you that .

I don't see any mention of BDArmory in the log file. The log file is reset every time you launch the game, so could it be that you didn't have BDAmory installed when you last ran it before uploading the file? Either that, or something went horribly wrong when you installed it.

EDIT: Ok, looks like it was an incorrect installation then. Glad it worked out for you :)

So, two things I've noticed. One potentially easy to fix, the other more of a query.

First of all, is there a way to add a proximity detonation to the HE-KV. I know that the radius and explosive power is changeable, but the proximity blast would be useful on occasion.

Secondly, I sent my anti-sat drone out on a job to clean up some space-junk. Locked up the target, parked within the appropriate distance, and sent a HE-KV downrange. Missile went right passed. Ended up rippling off all four rounds because, well, why not. But it does bring up my question;

Will a missile only detonate if the target has a Weapons Manager onboard?

The missile tracked in beautifully. It just didn't explode when it got there. Any advice is appreciated, as always.

I think the AI needs to be a bit smarter. In testing a 3v1 with me being the one, when the AI take off with stand by mode on the do their thing then engage me. However every time if they are close (almost in a wingman formation) at least one ai gets killed via blue on blue (all are using Aim-9). It's like they have me locked on but at the time of fire the lock divests to an AI. If they are not flying close it works fine but if they are at least 1 gets team killed

I agree. I've finally gotten around to testing the latest version of the mod, and while everything seems to be working beautifully aside from the .50cal weight issue, the A.I. Pilots in Guard mode still can't hit an aircraft flying straight and level with fixed guns. I set up a 1v1 A.I. dogfight with two WW2 style aircraft, and they flew around in a swirling dogfight for 23 minutes, and never landed a single bullet on each other. Guard Mode A.I. still consistently shoots about ten meters below their targets, and they're incapable of "leading" a target moving laterally.

I did a test where I launched 4 guard fighters, then switched to one of my bombers. I then flew perfectly straight and level over the KSC, and all 4 fighters engaged me. Despite this, I wasn't hit once by a single bullet, and eventually I simply flew fast enough to outrun the fighters.

After that test, I set up a 6v6 dogfight. This time team A was completely destroyed by team B after about 35 minutes, and strangely team B didn't suffer a single casualty.

There are some major inconsistencies with the A.I. Guard Mode performance.

So I'm having some trouble with surface-to-surface missiles. Tried the ones in SCPanzerMod, but I have no idea what guides them since they're not laser. So I tried the Hellfires mounted on a tank, and they track the target but dip violently on launch and usually crash. Any tips?

I agree. I've finally gotten around to testing the latest version of the mod, and while everything seems to be working beautifully aside from the .50cal weight issue, the A.I. Pilots in Guard mode still can't hit an aircraft flying straight and level with fixed guns. I set up a 1v1 A.I. dogfight with two WW2 style aircraft, and they flew around in a swirling dogfight for 23 minutes, and never landed a single bullet on each other. Guard Mode A.I. still consistently shoots about ten meters below their targets, and they're incapable of "leading" a target moving laterally.

I did a test where I launched 4 guard fighters, then switched to one of my bombers. I then flew perfectly straight and level over the KSC, and all 4 fighters engaged me. Despite this, I wasn't hit once by a single bullet, and eventually I simply flew fast enough to outrun the fighters.

After that test, I set up a 6v6 dogfight. This time team A was completely destroyed by team B after about 35 minutes, and strangely team B didn't suffer a single casualty.

Are their guns aligned true forward for the craft? The AI doesn't seem to account for off-axis guns, but when I have them aligned properly, they seem to lead just fine, mostly.

So I'm having some trouble with surface-to-surface missiles. Tried the ones in SCPanzerMod, but I have no idea what guides them since they're not laser. So I tried the Hellfires mounted on a tank, and they track the target but dip violently on launch and usually crash. Any tips?

Do a mini UAV with a FLIR ball to lock the hellfires, then launch them from the tank

I take that you never saw any of the AI fighting league that are running... At this moment I'm trying to make an airplane that can actually outmanuever and win a dogfight against one of my first aircraft designs, but I'm failling miserably because the .... is too damn awesome dogfighter, being able to pull 10G's in a turn and reach Mach 1 in 10 seconds

Are their guns aligned true forward for the craft? The AI doesn't seem to account for off-axis guns, but when I have them aligned properly, they seem to lead just fine, mostly.

Yes. I'm not using wing mounted guns, mine are radially attached around the fuselage with no rotation offset. More extensive testing today has shown me the problem is not as bad as I first stated. There is still consistent undershooting, but the overall average performance is better than the last mod version. I think the overall piloting logic of the A.I. might still need some work, such as trying to fire guns when rolled 90 degrees for instance. You lose all your vertical component of lift, causing your nose to drop, thus consistently undershooting your target. The A.I. does need to be taught some basic stick and rudder skills, and have better options for evasive maneuvers. Just wobbling around hoping not to get hit is not what I had in mind, and barrel rolls are cool looking, but they don't actually help as an evasive maneuver.

The most basic maneuver would be the break turn: Turn 90 degrees either left or right as fast as possible. Level out on your new bearing before deciding whether or not to take further evasive action, or turn into your target if they were thrown off your tail. It's simple but effective, and the A.I. is currently incapable of doing it.

Not trying to be a PITA, as I said the overall performance is better than it was, but some more A.I. work would be nice.

I take that you never saw any of the AI fighting league that are running... At this moment I'm trying to make an airplane that can actually outmanuever and win a dogfight against one of my first aircraft designs, but I'm failling miserably because the .... is too damn awesome dogfighter, being able to pull 10G's in a turn and reach Mach 1 in 10 seconds

Actually I have, I was going to host a tournament in the TopGunAI challenge, but I'm waiting for more work to be done on the mod first.