[0.24] StarSystems v0.2

OvenProofMars

That happens with all the instancing based mods, PF:CE does the same.

There is no way to fix it with instancing.

This problem does not happen with my own development plugin nor with Kopernicus (both of them are based on custom systemPrefabs).

About my RasterPropMonitor thing: the author just recommended a dev of StarSystems look at this post because the mod breaks RPM's initialization chain:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/57603-0-24-2-RasterPropMonitor-putting-the-A-in-your-IVA-%28v0-18-1%29-27-Jul?p=1297893&viewfull=1#post1297893

Also I think the lighting system needs to be redone to a basic rule:

If you are/a planet is within about 6x Eeloo's orbit of a star it emits light.

If you're wondering why, it's because of this lighting bug in binary/triple star systems that should really be fixed to allow for a multiple-star system, I used Barry as an example because of the stars' proximity:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Also I think the lighting system needs to be redone to a basic rule:

If you are/a planet is within about 6x Eeloo's orbit of a star it emits light.

If you're wondering why, it's because of this lighting bug in binary/triple star systems that should really be fixed to allow for a multiple-star system, I used Barry as an example because of the stars' proximity:

-image-

My plugin: Kittopiatech terraforming tools, can be used to fix this, by adding "Starfix" the stubborn unlit star. My version of starfix works slightly differently, so it should work.

I've copied the star Dolas and gave it a unique name and flight global index, but i don't know the parameters for a black hole.

Here is the text for reference.

{

name = CV-38152

BodyDescription = This small star has a much higher density than Kerbol, and is thought to be a good candidate for interstellar travel.

flightGlobalIndex = 312

StarColor = Blue

Mass = 1.5698E28

Radius = 21530000

ScienceMultiplier = 10

}

Orbit

{

inclination = 1

eccentricity = 0.1

semiMajorAxis = 3593800000000

LAN = 0

argumentOfPeriapsis = 300

meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 0

epoch = 0

}

Im so confused.:confused:

has anyone made a mod for this that adds planets to the new stars?

I really want a place to go other then the orbit of stars when i figure out how to use interstellars warp drive,

a habbitable planet or two would be nice :D

also can your ship explode from overheating close to the new stars like with kerbol?

I really want a place to go other then the orbit of stars when i figure out how to use interstellars warp drive,

a habbitable planet or two would be nice :D

also can your ship explode from overheating close to the new stars like with kerbol?

There is a dropbox folder a few pages back that has a bunch of planet packs and the star systems mod. I am also currently uploading a video to show people how to edit planet packs to the new stars and into the orbits you want.

Mind. Blown. First of all, GREAT work guys. Secondly, somebody mentioned that there would be brown dwarfs... does that mean we can fly in them? Jeb would like that. Thirdly, rouge planets were mentioned much earlier in the thread... I think they'd make a very nice addition. Be they Tylos except thrice the size, or super-Eves that manage to be habitable (once you ignore the crushing atmosphere of course)

Mind. Blown. First of all, GREAT work guys. Secondly, somebody mentioned that there would be brown dwarfs... does that mean we can fly in them? Jeb would like that. Thirdly, rouge planets were mentioned much earlier in the thread... I think they'd make a very nice addition. Be they Tylos except thrice the size, or super-Eves that manage to be habitable (once you ignore the crushing atmosphere of course)

a habbitable planet or two would be nice k_cheesy.gif

Oven is currently coding in brown dwarfs along with a few other colors that I came up with.

And if you want planets use PlanetFactory CE, just not in 64-bit for the time being or it might break your game (We're working on a fix)

I'm building a rather large modpack for a private server and I've got a strange bug that only occurs when this mod is installed. During the first launch, just before physics begins, the ship (and launch clamps if you have them) is teleported to a high altitude (the height appears to be dependent on the length of the rocket, but it's hard to say for sure, what is for sure is that it's not always the same height). In normal single player it only happens the first time you launch, after that the launches work fine (ie. the un-bugginess is saved somehow in the save file). However with DMP (DarkMultiPlayer) it happens the first time you launch after every time you start the game (ie. the un-bugginess ISN'T saved). If it were just the first launch I'd say it's playable and keep it in the pack, as it stands, though, I'm going to have to leave it out (unless it can be solved quickish).

I'm guessing it's got to be interacting with one of the other mods but my method for determining which mod caused the problem (disable half the mods, replace half until the problem returns, remove half the ones most recently added, etc) didn't allow me to find that out. I can certainly do more testing if someone can give me an idea of which ones to look at since it's such a huge list and none of them really seem like they'd be the culprit (I did test removing joint reinforcement, deadly re-entry, and NEAR, but it still occurred, in fact it was worse as the ship disintegrated on physics load instead of just teleporting)

The mods in the pack:

• Aligned Currency Indicator
  • AutoAsparagus
  • Aviation Lights
  • B9 Aerospace
  • BananaForScale
  • Ambient Light Adjustment
  • Environmental Visual Enhancements
  • CactEye Orbital Telescope
  • Coherent Contracts
  • Deadly Reentry
  • RCS Build Aid
  • RCS Landing Aid
  • Action Groups Extended
  • DMagic Orbital Science
  • Enhanced Navball
  • Fine Print
  • Klockheed-Martian CoolRockets
  • Klockheed-Martian Special Parts
  • Version Checker Plugin
  • Magic Smoke Industries Parts & Infernal Robotics
  • MechJeb2
  • Mission Controller Extended
  • Cargo Transportation Solutions
  • Radially Attached Experimental Data Storage Container
  • Spherical and Toridal Tank Pack
  • Modular Fuel Tanks
  • HotRockets
  • NanoGauges
  • Kethane
  • Firespitter (full mod, not just dll)
  • PartCatalog
  • Solar Panel Wings
  • Docking Port Alignment Indicator
  • NEAR
  • Final Frontier
  • Notes
  • 6S Service Compartment Tubes
  • Kerbinium Asteroid Mining
  • Part Angle Display
  • Procedural Fairings
  • Proximity alarm
  • RCS Sound Effects
  • RealChute
  • RemoteTech 2
  • SCANsat
  • ScienceAlert
  • Mk2 Cockpit Internals
  • SmokeScreen
  • Spaceplane Plus
  • Speedy's Hex Truss System
  • StageRecovery
  • Multiple Star Systems
  • Station Science
  • Surface Lights
  • TAC Life Support
  • TAC Fuel Balancer
  • Time Control
  • Kerbal Alarm Clock
  • UAL002's Lorefriendy Serious Parody Flags
  • Vanguard EVA parachutes
  • KSP Interstellar
  • Deployable Airbags
  • Deployable Emergency Reentry Pod
  • Asteroidal Resources
  • kOS Scriptable Autopilot System
  • Contract Manager
  • NovaPunch
  • Munar Rover Wheel
  • Bahamuto Dynamics Retracting/vectoring engines
  • Universal Storage
  • Editor Extensions
  • AerojetKerbodyne
  • Texture Replacer

I'm building a rather large modpack for a private server and I've got a strange bug that only occurs when this mod is installed. During the first launch, just before physics begins, the ship (and launch clamps if you have them) is teleported to a high altitude (the height appears to be dependent on the length of the rocket, but it's hard to say for sure, what is for sure is that it's not always the same height). In normal single player it only happens the first time you launch, after that the launches work fine (ie. the un-bugginess is saved somehow in the save file). However with DMP (DarkMultiPlayer) it happens the first time you launch after every time you start the game (ie. the un-bugginess ISN'T saved). If it were just the first launch I'd say it's playable and keep it in the pack, as it stands, though, I'm going to have to leave it out (unless it can be solved quickish).

I'm guessing it's got to be interacting with one of the other mods but my method for determining which mod caused the problem (disable half the mods, replace half until the problem returns, remove half the ones most recently added, etc) didn't allow me to find that out. I can certainly do more testing if someone can give me an idea of which ones to look at since it's such a huge list and none of them really seem like they'd be the culprit (I did test removing joint reinforcement, deadly re-entry, and NEAR, but it still occurred, in fact it was worse as the ship disintegrated on physics load instead of just teleporting)

The mods in the pack:

• Aligned Currency Indicator
  • AutoAsparagus
  • Aviation Lights
  • B9 Aerospace
  • BananaForScale
  • Ambient Light Adjustment
  • Environmental Visual Enhancements
  • CactEye Orbital Telescope
  • Coherent Contracts
  • Deadly Reentry
  • RCS Build Aid
  • RCS Landing Aid
  • Action Groups Extended
  • DMagic Orbital Science
  • Enhanced Navball
  • Fine Print
  • Klockheed-Martian CoolRockets
  • Klockheed-Martian Special Parts
  • Version Checker Plugin
  • Magic Smoke Industries Parts & Infernal Robotics
  • MechJeb2
  • Mission Controller Extended
  • Cargo Transportation Solutions
  • Radially Attached Experimental Data Storage Container
  • Spherical and Toridal Tank Pack
  • Modular Fuel Tanks
  • HotRockets
  • NanoGauges
  • Kethane
  • Firespitter (full mod, not just dll)
  • PartCatalog
  • Solar Panel Wings
  • Docking Port Alignment Indicator
  • NEAR
  • Final Frontier
  • Notes
  • 6S Service Compartment Tubes
  • Kerbinium Asteroid Mining
  • Part Angle Display
  • Procedural Fairings
  • Proximity alarm
  • RCS Sound Effects
  • RealChute
  • RemoteTech 2
  • SCANsat
  • ScienceAlert
  • Mk2 Cockpit Internals
  • SmokeScreen
  • Spaceplane Plus
  • Speedy's Hex Truss System
  • StageRecovery
  • Multiple Star Systems
  • Station Science
  • Surface Lights
  • TAC Life Support
  • TAC Fuel Balancer
  • Time Control
  • Kerbal Alarm Clock
  • UAL002's Lorefriendy Serious Parody Flags
  • Vanguard EVA parachutes
  • KSP Interstellar
  • Deployable Airbags
  • Deployable Emergency Reentry Pod
  • Asteroidal Resources
  • kOS Scriptable Autopilot System
  • Contract Manager
  • NovaPunch
  • Munar Rover Wheel
  • Bahamuto Dynamics Retracting/vectoring engines
  • Universal Storage
  • Editor Extensions
  • AerojetKerbodyne
  • Texture Replacer

We have a lot of the same mods, and I have the exact same problem. Also if you launch a ship through the launchpad instead of through the VAB, you spawn outside of solar system.

I'm going to try something never done before in ksp a brown dwarf star (i need help) for this to be achieved i need some help like how big would a kerbal brown dwarf should be, were can i find the perfect texture and how to make it glow with a thermal affect.

I'm going to try something never done before in ksp a brown dwarf star (i need help) for this to be achieved i need some help like how big would a kerbal brown dwarf should be, were can i find the perfect texture and how to make it glow with a thermal affect.

We're adding those in the next update, be patient.

We have a lot of the same mods, and I have the exact same problem. Also if you launch a ship through the launchpad instead of through the VAB, you spawn outside of solar system.

It's the StarSystems mod itself that causes this problem.