[0.24] StarSystems v0.2

OvenProofMars

Black body radiation merely describes the wavelengths of emr a heated object emits. And in that sense our sun would be considered yellow-green, as its intensity peaks at the wavelengths associated with yellow and green. Color however, in the more metaphysical sense of the word, is in the eye of the beholder (no pun untended), and is merely the interpretation of electrical signals created by our eyes. Our eyes are incapable of properly measuring light, and we therefore experience the sun to be white/yellow......well long story short....colours are weird...

Yush. Color is nothing more than a TINY area in the light spectrum.

When brown dwarfs are implemented into this mod, we need a minimum radius for brown dwarfs/red-brown dwarfs and normal stars, as well as a maximum for red-brown/brown dwarfs.

Minimum for normal stars should be 18000 KM, minimum for brown dwarfs/red-brown dwarfs should be 5000 KM, and maximum for brown/red-brown dwarfs should be 20000 KM. There should also be a minimum mass for normal stars and a min/max mass for brown/red-brown dwarfs. I'm not saying it has to be done, but Kerbin-size/mass stellar/substellar objects is just stupid and REALLY unrealistic.

When brown dwarfs are implemented into this mod, we need a minimum radius for brown dwarfs/red-brown dwarfs and normal stars, as well as a maximum for red-brown/brown dwarfs.

Minimum for normal stars should be 18000 KM, minimum for brown dwarfs/red-brown dwarfs should be 5000 KM, and maximum for brown/red-brown dwarfs should be 20000 KM. There should also be a minimum mass for normal stars and a min/max mass for brown/red-brown dwarfs. I'm not saying it has to be done, but Kerbin-size/mass stellar/substellar objects is just stupid and REALLY unrealistic.

Couldn't you guys use the naturally expected radius just divided down to kerbal scale? (1:10 based, very roughly, on Earth/Kerbin)

So in the case of brown dwarfs, which are expected to be roughly the size of Jupiter (despite being much more massive) would give a radius of around 70,000km. Kerbal scale that down to 7,000km and you have a star that is about 2.3 times the diameter of Jool.

It wouldn't be too hard to a compile a list of kerbal-scaled star radii.

Sun to Kerbol is a very different scale than Earth to Kerbin though.

Kerbin is pretty standard, same gravitational pull on the surface as Earth but ~10 times smaller in radius, which means 1/100 the mass.

Kerbol is about 1/100 the mass of the Sun, but about 1/3 the radius, which results in a very different surface gravity (2 g's instead of 28). If Kerbol were using the same relative scale as Kerbin, it should be the same mass it is now but 1/10 the radius of the Sun.

So if we wanted to use Kerbin as the standard, Kerbol would have to be shrunk by about 3 times in radius. Then all the other stars and planets could be scaled up like that (1/10 the radius and 1/100 the mass of their real-life counterparts).

Actually... You can... at least in CE... The other's download link disappeared before I discovered this code that works:

CelestialBody
{
GeeASL = 1
bodyDescription=Ah, finally some rings... According to the fish the name translates into Kerbal as ratnes or "to stand". Significant? I doubt it... Based on Polyphemus from Avatar. Texture from Celestia pack by Milosz21.
}

//This planet is not configurable

Orbit
{
inclination = 1.5
eccentricity = 0.01
semiMajorAxis = 220003242000
LAN = 82
argumentOfPeriapsis = 58
meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 1.4
epoch = 0
referenceBody = Sun
}

This is what I use

Love this mod!!!!!!!!!! I have been waiting for this stuff ever since I found KSP-I!!!

I wasn't able to get it to play nice with PF:CE on ksp 24.2 64bit, lots of kerbin inside a star and everything violently vibrating, I have since reverted to 24.2 32bit because of all my other mods not wanting to play nice either. I have seen people with PF:CE planets around stars and it looks pretty stable, so is it more stable an PF:CE friendly on 32bit?

Thank you OvenProof for making this and I hope to see continued development on it!

Good luck!!

Love this mod!!!!!!!!!! I have been waiting for this stuff ever since I found KSP-I!!!

I wasn't able to get it to play nice with PF:CE on ksp 24.2 64bit, lots of kerbin inside a star and everything violently vibrating, I have since reverted to 24.2 32bit because of all my other mods not wanting to play nice either. I have seen people with PF:CE planets around stars and it looks pretty stable, so is it more stable an PF:CE friendly on 32bit?

Thank you OvenProof for making this and I hope to see continued development on it!

Good luck!!

As an assistant developer, in the next update I can verify that we SHOULD be able to fix the 64bit issue with PF. It has something to do with a dumb list getting corrupted.

- - - Updated - - -

Oven we need to change the black hole's flightglobals as I can't HyperEdit...

Actually... You can... at least in CE... The other's download link disappeared before I discovered this code that works:
CelestialBody
{
GeeASL = 1
bodyDescription=Ah, finally some rings... According to the fish the name translates into Kerbal as ratnes or "to stand". Significant? I doubt it... Based on Polyphemus from Avatar. Texture from Celestia pack by Milosz21.
}

//This planet is not configurable

Orbit
{
inclination = 1.5
eccentricity = 0.01
semiMajorAxis = 220003242000
LAN = 82
argumentOfPeriapsis = 58
meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 1.4
epoch = 0
referenceBody = Sun
}

This is what I use

I actually found a download for the NON-ce version :P

You sir, you, you are truly a genius. The stars... the fact solar panels work... the colors... its... its... beautiful. If this mod gets planets one day its going to be perfection.

Well making planets is very hard, here's what the next update's changelog (hopefully) will be:

Added new colors: White, Orange, and Green.

Added new startype: Brown Dwarf. Comes in red-magneta and magneta. (These will emit very little light)

Added PFCE 64-bit fix (May or may not work)

here is a crazy idea: make a rogue gas planet

highly eccentric orbit, really strange one

may be purple color or white color

No moons at all (maybe a little captured asteroid, but even tinier than Gilly)

Oh... I may have some products you are interested in then ;)

And to the OP - how is the distance between the stars? Do we have a larger 'solar system' now?

The distance between stars is around 10 times the distance of Eeloo, on average.