[0.24] StarSystems v0.2

OvenProofMars

It's the StarSystems mod itself that causes this problem.

What can be done about it? Additionally what would be necessary to convert an existing save to the new system if I want to add it after the fact (as in when the problem is solved)? Would everything fit into place as is or would I have to go through and change all the vessels' reference bodies by hand?

Looks awesome! I can't wait to try this out. It'll be the perfect testbed for the SR mod I'm working on. However, if I could recommend one thing, I'd make the star orbit tracks invisible, since there is no central body, it looks odd that they're orbiting anything. The relative motion would likely be so small that you wouldn't notice over the time scales required to travel. Alternatively, you could just fix them in space and have them not move relative to one another (say they're in the same star cluster).

What can be done about it? Additionally what would be necessary to convert an existing save to the new system if I want to add it after the fact (as in when the problem is solved)? Would everything fit into place as is or would I have to go through and change all the vessels' reference bodies by hand?

I think the only reference bodies you might have to change would be those orbiting the sun, not sure though. I haven't tried importing a save file.

We have a lot of the same mods, and I have the exact same problem. Also if you launch a ship through the launchpad instead of through the VAB, you spawn outside of solar system.

I encountered this bug a lot whilst fixing and debugging Alternis. I narrowed it down to buggy parts. Certain parts absolutely hate it when you move kerbal although I do not know the relationship between the parts and the spawning (other than loading the parts). To fix it you simply have to go through the parts on your ships and strip the mod based parts one by one and see what the issue is. For most of my crafts (in Alternis) it was the Mechjeb AR202 case causing it. If that's the case for you then go to the KSO thread and download the KSO mechjeb part, it works fine.

my computer is gunna go singularity with all these planet packs, but its for the planets!

onwards! to victory! for the planets!

edit: holy carp ksp actually loaded! o.o

edit 2: much bugs. very missing planets,

sentar is jool, kasier planets are gone, urania planets are gone, freezer planets are gone, according to the pf log thing boris didnt get created cause "given key wasnt present in the dictionary" or something like that, and some of the stock pf planets are orbiting the black hole.

any idea how to fix this?

Edited by Deadpangod3

my computer is gunna go singularity with all these planet packs, but its for the planets!

onwards! to victory! for the planets!

edit: holy carp ksp actually loaded! o.o

edit 2: much bugs. very missing planets,

sentar is jool, kasier planets are gone, urania planets are gone, freezer planets are gone, according to the pf log thing boris didnt get created cause "given key wasnt present in the dictionary" or something like that, and some of the stock pf planets are orbiting the black hole.

any idea how to fix this?

Watch my tutorial!

Is there still a bug with the escape velocities and such? My last install had me experience easy escape trajectories (like only needing 400m/s to escape kerbin from a perfect 100km orbit.) Which kind of messed things up for me, since it gets hard getting encounters.

i got it to work. ish, after removing all but one of the planet packs and moving its solar system, Kaiser is now orbiting Corbo, when i had the reference body set to Dolas it would bring Dolas into the Kerbol system and make it look like Kerbol

it sucked up all ma asteroids too :(

but atleast i have a place to go to. :D

edit: for some reason im getting a a kerbin escape like lower then the muns orbit, any way to fix?

Edited by Deadpangod3

I have to say, Kerbol's SOI is waaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy to small, its edge is barely just beyond the furthest point of Eeloo's orbit. What if we want sentar orbiting kerbol further than eeloo? Or a pack that adds kuiper-belt objects? And the stars need to be MUCH further away then they are now. A Hohmann transfer from kerbol to corbo takes just 47 years. If this mod was made to go along with the interstellar pack, it should include realistic interstellar distances, corbo should be at least 0.2 lightyears from kerbol (shortened for kerbal scale). Reaching the stars in ksp should only be achievable using high-tech, 'end of tech tree' parts like solar sails, ions, fusion/antimatter/warp. Cause right now, the lifter that i use to bring kerbals to the mun (in mid-tech tree and only chem propulsion) and back has the ability to travel to corbo in 47 years and insert into orbit.

Here is the file! Multiple Solar Systems

Let me know if you have installation questions, but everything should be straight forward.

I'm having slight issues, it seems, with this. I'm using the above planet package,

And this Star Systems file: https://github.com/OvenProofMars/StarSystems/releases/tag/V0.2

This is what happened: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=307688023

Any ideas? I'm dying to get multiple solar systems.

I've been following this tread with great interest and I'm looking forward to the finished mod.... but I am a bit concerned... Has anyone actually heard from Oven recently? His last post was back on 1 August. Is he ok? Just busy I hope.