[0.24] StarSystems v0.2

OvenProofMars

So it doesn't take that much delta-v to go to another star:

http://i.imgur.com/htH2ok9.png

And the SOI of Kerbol ends just beyond the orbit of Eeloo, so the stars are actually not that far away from each other:

http://i.imgur.com/r797hfV.png

The black hole is really interesting though, you get a lot of phantom forces when you get really close to it, almost like the real gravitational relativistic effects you would feel. If you EVA out of your capsule, you'll feel tidal forces and will begin to drift away from your ship.

The orbit of the stars currently are about the same altitude as the orbit of Pluto in the solar system. I think I'll try multiplying the distances by 10 or something to make it slightly more realistic.

You know, the game simply can not handle orbits over ~100 times that, it just sends you on an escape trajectory out of Blacky Karman. And what is the exact altitude where the phantom forces attack?

(also note that Eeloo's orbit corresponds better to that of Jupiter than that of Pluto in terms of distance)

Eeloo has an apoapsis of about 114 million kilometers in the stock game. That's closer to Kerbol than the Earth is to the Sun (150 million km).

The outer star in this system, Corbo, has an apoapsis of about 6 billion km. That's about as far out from the Sun as Pluto is.

_Augustus_, wow, planets looks awesome.

Unfortunately I can't try this because every time I install this mod, "resume saved" and "Start new" buttons in menu doesn't work=( Does anybody have any idea how to solve this?

_Augustus_, wow, planets looks awesome.

Unfortunately I can't try this because every time I install this mod, "resume saved" and "Start new" buttons in menu doesn't work=( Does anybody have any idea how to solve this?

most likely, you're using a mod/mods that are incompatible with star systems. You will have to go through/test all of your mods and find the culprit/culprits. For me, final frontier or kethane were the culprits.

tychochallenge hm, I have both of them installed... I`ll try that out. Thank you. I have to many mods to check them of one by one=(

AndreyATGB I started new game so there was no saved games=)

It takes around 30-40 kerbal years to get to Dolas if you are not using fake warp stuff. So yeah it's far enough away lol.

remember, theres always the good'ole time warp feature! Anyway, kerbal systems are 10 times smaller than ours so nearest kerbal star can be only like, 0.5 ly away

Can I have an idea of when the update with planets will come out? I also think it wold be cool if there would be a bunch of small (Gilly to Minmus sized) bodies orbiting the black hole in very tight orbits at varying eccentricities.

Can I have an idea of when the update with planets will come out? I also think it wold be cool if there would be a bunch of small (Gilly to Minmus sized) bodies orbiting the black hole in very tight orbits at varying eccentricities.

Planets will come out sooner due to PFCE's code being open-source.

remember, theres always the good'ole time warp feature! Anyway, kerbal systems are 10 times smaller than ours so nearest kerbal star can be only like, 0.5 ly away

Yes and that 30-40 years is in Kerbal time too, it's like 10 years in human time. It really took me about 5 minutes to transfer to Dolas in real life.

Even scaled down 10x, it would take an extremely long time to get to it. Even if using warp drive at 0.1 the speed of light, it would take something like 30 minutes at 100,000x time warp.

Yes and that 30-40 years is in Kerbal time too, it's like 10 years in human time. It really took me about 5 minutes to transfer to Dolas in real life.

You might want to use a mod that provides higher time warps. Like this one :)

Even scaled down 10x, it would take an extremely long time to get to it. Even if using warp drive at 0.1 the speed of light, it would take something like 30 minutes at 100,000x time warp.

You might want to use a mod that provides higher time warps. Like this one :)

I actually liked it, it made it seem far away while not being too long. The Icarus Mod is what I used.

Planets will come out sooner due to PFCE's code being open-source.

His license changes absolutely nothing.

His mod is really poorly coded and the method he uses to make "new" planets is ridiculous (instancing is horrible).

His license changes absolutely nothing.

His mod is really poorly coded and the method he uses to make "new" planets is ridiculous (instancing is horrible).

During the time when PF was released instancing was the best way.

Anyways whats the ATM until green stars n stuff.

It has never been the best way, the PSystem system has been here since Jool was added to the game.

Hell, Mu nicely told me more or less how it worked without asking -snip-

Edited by KasperVld

Also, Dooz, I have no idea what Oven is doing right now, he said we should have it out by the end of the week but he hasn't even talked to me since Tuesday.

We're still adding new star colors and (hopefully) PFCE compatibility in 64-bit, which requires changing a list of some kind. It'll also fix compatibility with a few other mods.

Edited by _Augustus_

Also, Dooz, I have no idea what Oven is doing right now, he said we should have it out by the end of the week but he hasn't even talked to me since Tuesday.

We're still adding new star colors and (hopefully) PFCE compatibility in 64-bit, which requires changing a list of some kind. It'll also fix compatibility with a few other mods.

just asking, but is there a way that planet textures will only be loaded when you actually enter the solar system? Or, does ksp already do that? that way it will save memory on 32-bit

just asking, but is there a way that planet textures will only be loaded when you actually enter the solar system? Or, does ksp already do that? that way it will save memory on 32-bit

KSP loads everything right away. Planet Factory allows you to not load planet packs if you are not going to those planets or don't have anything on or orbiting those planets though.

No it wasn't. astronutkphillips was just too focused on doing her "kragrathea" act and pushed away advice from aftokinito so that she could bask in the praise of people and be "dah plarnet person!!!11!!11!".

Couple questions (forgive me, I'm a noob):

1) Will we be able to create our own star systems, or will we be stuck to default systems?

2) Are there currently any plans to make this mod compatible with PlanetFactory or Kopernicus?

Overall, I'm very hopeful for this mod, and I look forward to getting a chance to play with it myself!

Edit: Ignore #1, I'm stupid.

Edited by Christoph1337
I'm dumb.