The Elite: Dangerous thread

gmpd2000

w-wait, which people get the free ship starts? I joined in beta, but I could only choose sidewinder

Kickstarter backers, but if you joined Beta, you have an Eagle, check the system map in your starting system, there should be an station with a blue icon, that's where the Eagle is parked.

I heard they removed single-player eternally?

Nope ... Single Player is there and will stay there.

The only thing we won´t get is an offline mode. The single Player ( = Solo) Mode we have is an Online Single Player Mode ...

that means, in this mode you won´t meet any other players in game (all ships you meet will be NPCs),

but the game client will periodically contact the server in order to update things,

for example the prices at the star bases (which are more or less calculated according to supply and demand in the online world)

Cool, music is good.

I wonder if they will make a Cobra that handles like that, 180 in a second!

Well, theoretically, with the best engines, full power to thrusters, turbo boost and FAOff, you just might be able to pull off something similar. The entire trailer is not very faithful to the game experience however... Heh, just try shooting your weapons near a station.

If you always stay in the blue during maneuvering ... and manage to to switch off flight assist at the right time ... and are a very good pilot ... you may be able to pull off something like this with a Cobra :D

Something that excludes ~90 % of all pilots :D

And we have repair costs for wear and tear ... repair costs that are so high, that noone in his right mind should repair wear & tear at the moment.

For my Asp he repair costs for 100% wear & tear are 333k CR.

Considering the fact that I have to pay 400k CR insurance to get a new Asp with all equipment,

it may at one point (if I don´t just have wear & tear but also a lot of real damage) be cheaper to just crash my ship and pay the 400k CR insurance,

instead of repairing real damage + wear & tear

Yeah, I thought it was a bit odd that wear and tear cost me so much; 55% in an Eagle came to around 2600 credits. I'm also quite disappointed by the Adder because it just looks like the Hauler with a bit of extra stuff tacked on and then made larger. I'm sure it's a good ship, but come on.

Oh, also got one-shotted by an Anaconda with a plasma accelerator. Didn't even know what had happened until I was already blowing up. That sucked :rolleyes:

Aside from all that, I'm still having fun. I managed to make it back to Chango Dock after starting in some backwater system, so now I've got familiar trade lanes and territory to work with. Let the money roll in :D

Anyone notice everything looks better in gamma 2?

I don't know if they actually upgraded the textures, or just did something to make everything more atmospheric.

Here's a pic took from an isolated gas giant, 3spooky5me

c5672048a7.jpg

Also, looking at mordin's post, anyone think there really should be more station's in the sol system?

Hey guys, I dont suppose anyone has an image of an eagle pretty much front on? (like looking directly at the cockpit)

I'm trying to do some fan art, but there are barely any pics of the eagle online and the lack of 3rd person in game doesn't help

EDIT: it needs to be almost/directly front on, I wanna draw it at a VERY slight angle, something like this:

depositphotos_5904275-Turbo-jet-fighter-CF-100..jpg

Edited by impwarhamer

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.