[0.90.0] Fine Print vSTOCK'D - BETA RELEASE!!! (December 15)

Arsonide

Hey, is this going back up on Curse or GitHub for release distributions? The mod manager I use doesn't play nice with KerbalStuff, and Curse only has the previous release.

I will get it on Curse tonight, my apologies. Been kind of busy this week with real life stuff. I do not recommend using GitHub for actually updating the mod. I keep GitHub up to date between updates sometimes, so you might get some things that are not quite ready for consumption.

Just wanted to let you know this is an awesome mod! Thank you :)

Thanks!

I've enjoyed your contracts immensely and have a couple of ideas. Use them as you see fit. Thanks!

Suggestions for missions.

SSTO: I rather miss missions that require the use of SSTOs. Maybe as part of the satellite missions, where you receive extra bonuses for deploying and/or recovering a satellite with a SSTO.

Storyline for lack of a better word: Contracts that build on already accomplished missions. Maybe add a rover to a base, add specific modules to previously established space station. Move satellite to new orbit (with SSTO for extra Bonus) and so forth.

Allowing for other mods. With KAS you could add EVA repair missions. In Kerbin orbit that could again include extra bonus if accomplished using a SSTO.

Edited by Skyblue

Allowing for other mods. With KAS you could add EVA repair missions. In Kerbin orbit that could again include extra bonus if accomplished using a SSTO.

KAS would also allow Apollo 12 style part return contracts where you have to land by an existing spacecraft and recover parts from it.

I like this mod, this is much better than stupid "Test XY" contracts that make no sense. One issue though: Is it possible to show the exact specifications e.g. for satellite orbits in the contract window? It is tedious to always switch to the contracts building or writing down all the data. EDIT: Also, maybe limit the orbital station contracts? This would make it more challenging and force people to rather explore further than just put 100 stations into Kerbin orbit.

Edited by MisterBennock

I like this mod, this is much better than stupid "Test XY" contracts that make no sense. One issue though: Is it possible to show the exact specifications e.g. for satellite orbits in the contract window? It is tedious to always switch to the contracts building or writing down all the data. EDIT: Also, maybe limit the orbital station contracts? This would make it more challenging and force people to rather explore further than just put 100 stations into Kerbin orbit.

This is what you need: contract window

It does already show as a note in the contract window. You have to expand the note.

The cfg file allows to limit all the contract types

I'm having trouble with a rover contract. I've been trying to use a monoprop lander to visit each waypoint on Gilly, but there's no confirmation that I've reached a waypoint even when I'm right on the spot on the map. Is there some secret requirement for the vehicle; i.e. they need to be unmanned or have wheels or something?

I'm having trouble with a rover contract. I've been trying to use a monoprop lander to visit each waypoint on Gilly, but there's no confirmation that I've reached a waypoint even when I'm right on the spot on the map. Is there some secret requirement for the vehicle; i.e. they need to be unmanned or have wheels or something?

Not just any wheels, they must have powered wheels that are touching the ground. It's a rover contract, not an aerial survey. This causes a lot of confusion though, and I have a solution in mind.

Not just any wheels, they must have powered wheels that are touching the ground. It's a rover contract, not an aerial survey. This causes a lot of confusion though, and I have a solution in mind.

Thanks for the clarification. So it would work if I use powered wheels as landing gear?

Also, congrats on the 0.26 news!

No details yet! Right now, I can say that cool things are coming, and I'm excited about the possibilities that this will bring to the stock game.

Excellent! Looking forward to that!

Also, if I may, a feature request: in the tracking station, we're given previews of rover/aerial/satellite contracts, right? Well, would it be possible to distinguish between offered contracts and accepted contracts? It'd mean I can think of a suitable design immediately rather than memorising the details and comparing them in Mission Control. Just like, a different colour or a dashed line.. something that separates the two, really.

Speaking of wheels and things...

I've got a "build a Munbase" contract, that says the base needs power, a docking port and capacity for six Kerbals. What's to stop me from fulfilling this by just momentarily landing a six-seater spacecraft (e.g. my standard crew transfer shuttle) and taking off again?