[0.90.0] Fine Print vSTOCK'D - BETA RELEASE!!! (December 15)

Arsonide

User personally changes the game, that breaks another mod, user complains at mod author that mod is broken. Makes sense.

You'd have been better off setting their category to -1 and techRequired to none - they won't appear in the VAB or tech tree and you won't break other things like this.

Modder checks for case in code. Modder avoids user complaining that mod is broken. OWK, perhaps Arsonide can give me cheek if he thinks I deserve it. I don't need it from you, thanks.

EDIT - And turns out 0.25 re-installed it anyway. So it's not me deleting it that is causing this anyway. I deleted it pre-0.25.

Edited by AlphaAsh

Well a few things. First of all I was sleeping, not avoiding anybody. I apologize for the delayed response. Second of all, looking at my 0.25 installation it appears that the RTG still exists in the part configurations under the same name as it did in 0.24. Lastly, when you say "spam", how spammy are we talking here? That is an important distinction. Generally, Fine Print only checks for technology when a mission is generated, which doesn't happen all too often. You shouldn't see more than a handful of these each time you fire up the game, unless you are forcibly regenerating missions, in which case you should expect to see a log for each generation. It's trying to alert you that your installation might be busted.

My intention was to make the power generator/antennae/etc all configurable things. The first step to that is actually in the ISRU configuration options. You can see the options for research there, separated by delimiters. The log is there with this future change in mind, to alert people when they are misconfigured. For now, it's alerting you that your stock nuclear reactor is missing for some reason.

Heya chap. It starts spamming the log immediately after first launch after save load. And then it's constant until CTD. See link for ksp.log: http://www.kashcorp.co.uk/ksp.log

The rtg is not missing from my 0.25 install. It's just coincedence since I had deleted it in KSP 0.24.

EDIT - Upon closer examination it may be RemoteTech throwing these: [WRN 14:28:29.418] GUIContent is null. Use GUIContent.none.

Edited by AlphaAsh

Beloved Fineprint for 0.25. Download. Check.

Thanks for you work and sharing this plug with the community. I like the aerial missions most. Flying at high altitude over the poles or low through canyons. Nice. The other missions not to forget are also fun. For me, the plug adds a lot of fun to the game.

Just completed some testing. Could be mistaken, need a re-check on this one.

When KSP is alt-f4'ed, all currently in progress contracts are either (and this is variable)

A) Completed and paid out

B) Cancelled/deleted with no penalties applied

This was retested twice with same mod setup without FinePrint, and did not re-occur.

MechJeb, NEAR, Kerbal Joint Reinforce, StageRecovery 1.5.1

Sounds like a patch reset. Are you 64 bit, and where is your log?

Hi Arsonide,

Would this be the 'error' 'output_log' or report.ini by chance?

I can't include my ksp.log as it's +100KB but I don't believe this is of the same game/test as it only includes one 'game time'.

Sorry, not experienced at assisting, but I'll do what I can.

I would need your output log to see if Fine Print is spitting out any messages. I found some quirky issues with the navigation indicator today. I think I'm going to overhaul the whole thing for the next patch.

I noticed that it has never worked on Jool missions, for instance, as it ceases to function on gas giants.

Just out of curiousity, since you support things such as Karbonite for resource harvesting missions. Do the MKS/OKS modules count when attempting to satisfy a Build orbital station or ground base mission?

This mod supports Karbonite? Do I have to activate somehow as I haven't seen any contracts come up for it.

Any option to toggle on/off the orbits in the map view ? It's very annoying when you have 4-5 satellite contract and all the orbits are shown.

Not yet. I took a short break after getting up to 0.58b to wait for 0.25 to come out. Now that it's out I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things.

This mod supports Karbonite? Do I have to activate somehow as I haven't seen any contracts come up for it.

Because it is dependent on having a resource mod, the ISRU contract is disabled by default. In the configuration file, scroll down to the ISRU section, and change MaximumExistent to something other than zero. I recommend 2. The ISRU contract can be configured for Kethane, or any other resource - it is not specific to Karbonite, but by default it is set up for Karbonite. Apparently someone has even set it up to behave as a "snack growing" mission with the Snacks mod.

Because it is dependent on having a resource mod, the ISRU contract is disabled by default. In the configuration file, scroll down to the ISRU section, and change MaximumExistent to something other than zero. I recommend 2. The ISRU contract can be configured for Kethane, or any other resource - it is not specific to Karbonite, but by default it is set up for Karbonite. Apparently someone has even set it up to behave as a "snack growing" mission with the Snacks mod.

Thank you! That should make this ridiculously fun mod even better :cool:

You can always just go into the persistent file and find the contract section and change those parameters manually. I know from experience that it works :)

I've had to merge contracts back into my career save after they all suddenly disappear... that save file is not easy to edit.

I'd prefer an option for the number of crew in the FinePrint.cfg. In the interim, I'll just pretend there's an extra zero on the crew requirements :)

The Kerbin orbit satellite contracts are completely unbalanced in 0.25. Take the funds->science strategy to 80% and you can basically unlock the entire tech tree after launching about five Kerbin orbit satellites, while still making a ton of money.

Edited by chrt

The Kerbin orbit satellite contracts are completely unbalanced in 0.25. Take the funds->science strategy to 80% and you can basically unlock the entire tech tree after launching about five Kerbin orbit satellites, while still making a ton of money.

I've been saying that for a while already

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/96125-Funds-to-science-Admin-Strategy-is-really-overpowered

Try playing with much lower Funds rewards. Then you will be grateful for the strategy option.

...i know - but as player I shouldn't have to change the game in order to compensate for a new imbalance added to the game. Which is a discussion I've been having all week on the thread I linked.

I agree that the strategy allows for alternative sources of income, science and rep - but Squad should have anticipated their effects on regular normal-difficulty games, either by nerfing their effects at low difficulty, or restricting their use to high dif. games (such as having their availability be something you can switch on/off at difficulty selection)

That's not a problem with the satellite contracts. That works on anything that gives funds.

I have a contract to put a 7-kerbal space station around Kerbin. I've managed to put one into orbit and check off all the requirements except "Neutralize controls for 10 seconds".

I've turned off SAS, RCS, canceled my trim (Alt-X), turn off all engines and zeroed the throttle and stick and done everything I could think of but the item won't check off no matter how long I wait. I've tried restarting, turning off the reaction wheels and switching control to the docking ports. No joy.

I have a Saitek X52 HOTAS that I use to play KSP with. Is there a possibility that the micromovements of the stick as it sits there are causing the controls not to neutralize?

Finally, if I can't get the controls to neutralize, is there anyway to turn off this requirement or forcibly get it to complete?

I'm playing KSP on the 32-bit Windows version (Windows 7) with the following mods: Toolbar, EVE, Better Atmospheres, Kerbal Engineer, TAC fuel balancer, TextureReplacer, Infernal Robotics, Contracts Window, Custom Asteroids, Modified IVA and Raster Prop Monitor.