[1.2] [2016-10-28] Haystack Continued (v0.5.2.1)

Qberticus

I always come back to needing this awesome mod because KSP always seems to forget about my active vessel when I switch view to a celestial body and I can never switch back to it without going to the tracking station. This mod fixes that annoying bug that has been in KSP for ever it seems. Thanks!

@Enceos honestly, it's because I don't use it so I keep forgetting to add it. :)

@hazens1 thanks for the thanks. :)

- - - Updated - - -

I just looked into adding it to CKAN and it looks like it already was about 4 months ago. So I don't know why it's not showing up. It looks like it should according to the HOWTO.

Since KSP v1.0.2 was just a bugfix update there's no need for a new release. You can still use v0.4.1.0 :)

I migrated from Targetron to this mod, and I'm missing several simple features...

1) In KSC screen the Haystack button is not showing in Blizzy's Toolbar, this forces me to visit the tracking station to select my vessel.

sdvn6vU.png

2) I'm badly missing an option to rename vessels and change their type (was realized in Targetron). For example I have several pods floating around Kerbin and I'd like to mark them as debris. But there's no way to do that from the Tracking station nor HayStack.

f5aeTanl.png

Thank you Qberticus for your hard work. It would be such a delight if HayStack had this features.

1) In KSC screen the Haystack button is not showing in Blizzy's Toolbar, this forces me to visit the tracking station to select my vessel.

That would be nice.

2) I'm badly missing an option to rename vessels and change their type (was realized in Targetron). For example I have several pods floating around Kerbin and I'd like to mark them as debris. But there's no way to do that from the Tracking station nor HayStack.

You have Remote Tech installed I can see by your second image, which means if you select a craft and click the satellite icon in the lower-left of the tracking screen you can click the Rename button to change the name and craft type. Regardless, this is also a (not commonly-known) stock feature as well. Select the craft and then open its Info box on the right and click on its name

I'll look into the non-tracking station support for vessel switching. I never thought about doing it so I don't know if it's possible. Somethings are dependant on being in a specific scene.

The reason why the button option is displayed but there is no haystack window might be an artefact of the way the toolbar integration is implemented. I register with the toolbar in the main scene but I set it to only show the button where haystack is supported.

Renaming of vessels in an interesting request. It'd require another button or a but of a redesign for supporting multiple actions on vessels. I'm not too keen on adding yet another button without additional thought. You can rename a vessel while flying it by right clicking on its command pod / node.

I'm badly missing an option to rename vessels and change their type (was realized in Targetron). For example I have several pods floating around Kerbin and I'd like to mark them as debris. But there's no way to do that from the Tracking station nor HayStack.

Why are you unable to change name and type in the TS? That's a stock function. I do it all the time.

Also, I suggest: Recover All / Destroy All. You're welcome.

I'll look into the non-tracking station support for vessel switching. I never thought about doing it so I don't know if it's possible. Somethings are dependant on being in a specific scene.

It's possible. See Malah's excellent Quick GoTo. Goto any scene from any scene, including to your vessel. You DO NOT need to be in the TS. It even has a "Last Vessel" button. If you've been back to KSC and bounced around from building to building, push this button to return you to your last vessel. Or, if you're at a vessel, and you wish to return to the one you were at just prior, this button works as well.

Edited by Apollo13

Yes, as Apollo13 has said, QuickGoTo can get you to your last vessel from any scene. Also Kerbal Alarm Clock lets you jump to any vessel from any scene if there's an alarm set for this vessel.

Renaming of vessels in an interesting request. It'd require another button or a but of a redesign for supporting multiple actions on vessels. I'm not too keen on adding yet another button without additional thought. You can rename a vessel while flying it by right clicking on its command pod / node.

Probably RemoteTech has disabled it for me. I'll get to them.

On another note, see all these threads with this feature request, even the streamer 5thHorseman is still waiting for it:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/47218-Rename-and-classify-vessels-in-tracking-station

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/48986-Ability-to-rename-vessels-from-Tracking-Station-instead-of-vessel-s-command-core

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/31906-Ability-to-rename-empty-derilect-ships

Edited by Enceos

• 2 weeks later...

You seem to have completely missed what both myself and Apollo13 said earlier. This is already a stock feature:

Select the craft and then open its Info box on the right and click on its name

You seem to have completely missed what both myself and Apollo13 said earlier. This is already a stock feature:

I'm sorry, I have never read about this feature in any patch notes nor mentioned by anyone. Thanks for guiding me.

2etaJmP.png

I'm sorry, I have never read about this feature in any patch notes nor mentioned by anyone. Thanks for guiding me.

It's a completely undocumented feature AFAIK - I only heard about it on reddit a couple of weeks ago. Or maybe it was somewhere here on the forums.

• 1 month later...

This still works with 1.0.4. :) After reading the article about the unity 5 update I have the feeling that this mod will break. I don't know how much it will break but I'll update it to work again after that update and hopefully the new UI features are exposed to modders and relatively nice to use. :)

• 1 month later...

Superb work. 10/10.

Edit: I encountered one thing: if you change craft, it resets the search options. For example: if I dechecked the cetrial bodies and change the craft, it is cheked again.

Maybe you could change it?

Edited by Pibue

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just want to give everyone a heads up now that 1.1 is in experimental testing. This mod will most probably not work in 1.1 due to the new Unity version and UI features. I will be looking into updating unless the game incorporates most of the features in this mod. I don't know what UI changes they've made so we'll see. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Development release for 1.1 experimental https://github.com/qberticus/HaystackContinued/releases/tag/0.4.9.0

ChangeLog:

• Updated to KSP 1.1
  • Added window to the space center
  • Added app launcher button and icon
  • Disabled use of blizzy toolbar until that is updated.

Bugs are possible I haven't tested this much but there weren't any substantial changes made.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.