Here's Something Hugo Made

SQUAD

It's not bad, not sure about the different angles on the front though, might not be as aerodynamic, but it's hard to tell from the picture.

I do use the MK3 parts sometimes, but this looks like it won't seem out of place replying them.

However,overall, it ,gets a ✓ from me.

Edited by Tw1

New textures and models for the Mk.3 parts? I'm already hyped for this update! :D

Will this break existing crafts that have those parts? I really wouldn't care if it did, because those new models are much more important than my shuttle!

I... can't... resist....

3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993751058209749445923078164062862089986280348253421170679

strangely, I can't remove the space at the end of the digits, no matter how hard I try

(sorry, you have no idea about how much I like Pi. I am learning it's digit since 2 years, I know 800 by now and I plan to get to 1000).

oh, and if you wonder, I put the 100 first digit of Pi)

To stay on subject, I don't really like the new model.

The surface look too smooth like if there was nothing on it, also... I don't think the new cockpit is very aerodynamic.

However, a bit of change in the plane part can be cool!

Edited by goldenpeach

I don't see where this stuff is supposed to be better than useless old Mk3 stuff. Just to begin with, it's cross section is not round which renders it as useless as Mk3 stuff. And a ready made plane construction set is clearly not what KSP needs since it lives from the combineability of all it's parts. Hope the IVA is at least worth to look at.

I don't see where this stuff is supposed to be better than useless old Mk3 stuff. Just to begin with, it's cross section is not round which renders it as useless as Mk3 stuff. And a ready made plane construction set is clearly not what KSP needs since it lives from the combineability of all it's parts. Hope the IVA is at least worth to look at.

Same here. I don't want to be mean, but it's the case with those Mk3 parts. They simply do not fit and are useless. Even if they get refreshed and retextured a bit. It's not the case with SP+ or B9 pack. With those you just put the part, give it an adapter and BAM! You got a nice looking plane.

With Mk3 parts you simply can't do that. Even if there's going to be some sort of adapter. Simply too ugly to use. Bleh!

Well, I like them. While the cross section doesn't seem to be round, it does seem to be easier to fit with the round 2,5m pieces - I'm guessing the attachment node and center of mass is closer to the center of the cross section, and not necessarily aligned with the node on the nose.

The design is cleaner, and it seems more versatile than the old one - I could see it working on a space shuttle, a plane or even a land rover better than the current design. It's not perfect, but definitely an improvement.

Useless huh?

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Admittedly that's with Touhou Torpedo's interior and expansion parts, (which I had to finegal to get working right in .24) but still, far from useless. Tricky? You bet.

Critical items (IMO)

Useless huh?

http://imgur.com/a/RshxA

Admittedly that's with Touhou Torpedo's interior and expansion parts, (which I had to finegal to get working right in .24) but still, far from useless. Tricky? You bet.

Critical items (IMO)

That's still a fugly nose, dude.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all, but I don't think I'm in a minority on this.

Spaceplane Plus shows that you can make spaceplane parts that are both useful and gorgeous. If the modders can do it, so can Squad.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.