Kethane Station Discussion

Halban

Honestly, i think BD should be allowed to be mused in space, but only the missile that can be used in vaccum (can't remember its name) and the fixed .50 cannons. also, all passive things like radars, ECM jammers, and flares. Plus, they can only be used on fighters. maybe .50 cal turrets on other ships for defense, but that's it. also, i'm working on some ships, should be up soon.

I'm going to say this because I know Hatbat probably would plus Ive talked to him some about it. First, season one did have the .50 turrets on fighters, and he found that bd weapons in space were simply to OP. By using BD weapons in space it takes away the challenge of fighting. Especially since BD weapons are more powerful than a good many stock missiles. Also guns in space is just a nope, point, shoot, kill. Fun, maybe realistic a little, but to OP for a cinematic fight.

Finally the rest of BD is their so the weapons work. You dont need a jammer if you arent using jammable weapons.

BD is used in atmo due to the ridiculous work/luck it takes to make anything more that short range encounters intresting.

Thats all,

JT

Honestly, i think BD should be allowed to be mused in space, but only the missile that can be used in vaccum (can't remember its name) and the fixed .50 cannons. also, all passive things like radars, ECM jammers, and flares. Plus, they can only be used on fighters. maybe .50 cal turrets on other ships for defense, but that's it. also, i'm working on some ships, should be up soon.

There's just no point to BD in space, it's no fun and takes no skill, whilst undermining all the awesome work people do researching new weapons and armours; almost like they are actually designing them like real engineers, which is pretty cool. I use BD in atmo because I quite enjoy ARMA, and BD is a fairly realistic reflection of what we have in real life: which I find quite fun.

Hey HatBat, I am making a cinematic war series on my channel... And I was wondering if I could mention HKA in it? Not like as a ally, just as a little easter egg?

Sure, go ahead man. Link me the video once it's up :)

The Federations R@D divisions would like to introduce an orbital fighter to the Federations arsenal

B7Lu1rN.png

The new Thalia-class Orbital fighter is meant to attack and eliminate heavy fighter assets and harass capital ships with its volley of six missiles.

The Thalia has two defining traits: First is its thrust, though not fast (unless with additional RCS thrust) its four ion engines draw their power mainly through four fuel cells inside the ship, making it less suspectable to crippling attacks on the solar panels as other fighters show though it does still have solar panels in case it runs out of fuel.

The second key feature is that the Thalia is very small, about the same size as the Argus tank, allowing another potentially lethal craft to fit inside another HKA vessel and help the fleet.

In addition, our engineers have managed to make hardware changes to the Vraska, making its weapons much less suspectible to being shot off

6EXgLga.png

Thalia Fighter

Vraska

Edited by Spearka

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I've hit something of a standstill with making the new episode as preparing the ground battle has really hit the limits of both KSP and my patience. I'll slowly continue with it until I've managed to set it all up, after that I'll make the rest of the episode in but a couple of weeks, and hopefully another one shortly after that, then I'll have some fun making a film or two. Though unfortunately until then it's simply unbearable to continue working on it for more than an hour or so at a time without getting a nasty headache and a sorry PC.

Update: I've hit something of a standstill with making the new episode as preparing the ground battle has really hit the limits of both KSP and my patience. I'll slowly continue with it until I've managed to set it all up, after that I'll make the rest of the episode in but a couple of weeks, and hopefully another one shortly after that, then I'll have some fun making a film or two. Though unfortunately until then it's simply unbearable to continue working on it for more than an hour or so at a time without getting a nasty headache and a sorry PC.

thanks for the update. take your time and don't kill yourself to get it done

"This is Commander Cadmus, we've just lost contact with the Aegis. It could be a technical malfunction, either way: the Cerberus is down; it's up to you guys on the surface to make sure all these good people weren't lost in vain. Godspeed, Cadmus out."

Didn't want to have another long gap, so I've released my progress thus far on the episode. It's called

the 'The Shield Breaks'. Bring tissues. Thanks to ABAthedude for help with VFX!

Edited by HatBat

Can't believe the Aegis is destroyed... Took them blimmin long enough, right?

I don't get why that guy was an imposter though, all I get is that he really hated that guy on the Cerberus... And did he die or warp to Minmus at the end?... So many questions.

Cerberus to Aegis: BOOM! MOUTH SHOT!

That bomb kill on the Cerberus was badS.

Edited by Sharkman Briton

Spoiler tag please Sharkman :0

Rickson was mad at Hudrick not just because of his cruelty but because of the atrocity that they had ceased the progress of an entire planet for their own selfish desires. Episode 23 explains that if you need to rewatch it.

Aww yeah, that was a great mini-episode! I'm very interested to see how the rest of the battle for Kerbin will play out.

BTW, HatBat, I'll be shooting you a PM regarding the stuff we were talking about earlier.

Also, RIP HKA Aegis; it's up to the Albion and Helios now to hold the line in space.

Edited by ScriptKitt3h

Sniff! She served well, and died with style. And she was certainly avenged! So yeah, the longest-serving ship in the fleet can go proudly to its resting place among the growing debris belt around Kerbin.

how much nicer a VB ring would look blowing up, especially if it was spun up before impact. I didn't yet had gizmos to build rings without abusing symmetry! Now you would have whole sections breaking off and tumbling away...

Also, FX and the video in general: truly worthy of Michael Bay, my Kod how many flares were in there. :P Good job!

Rune. Out with the old, in with the new.

I would like to make stuff for you....I need to attend to other things in KSP first, but put me in for GMI under my company:

DIndustries_zps81a56125.png

Will edit my post with my craft file and screenshot. I will make light fighters, you will have to make the action groups because I don't know how, and I will ONLY use MechJeb 2.5.3, simply because I suck at flying, other than that my fighters will be COMPLETELY stock.

Edit: I hit a minor snag, namely I forgot to save the ship I was working on, but the good news is I saved a bunch of money by switching to KEIKO...nah really...I found an old lifting vehicle and I'm going to loft it into space atop that, so stay tuned for my submission(s) (I may launch an entire fleet, making two distinct fighters)

Edit2: Almost finished with the first one, will make a brand new post for it in this thread once I do.

Edit3: Heading for "sea trials" aboard the Dragonus launch vehicle.

efaab192d863fe836d470eec4c0e3055.png

Edited by Draconiator

Since it sounds like there's some sort of event that's going to happen at Minmus (a world that would likely require space combat to capture), the MU's got this in the works:

cCdwkiD.png

The NX-6 Sentinel Drone Carrier with up to 4 NX-5 Proxy light Drone fighters. (Pic shows two drones docked on the rear-most adapters.)

I'll PM you the details and links, HatBat.

"This is Commander Cadmus, we've just lost contact with the Aegis. It could be a technical malfunction, either way: the Cerberus is down; it's up to you guys on the surface to make sure all these good people weren't lost in vain. Godspeed, Cadmus out."

Didn't want to have another long gap, so I've released my progress thus far on the episode. It's called

the 'The Shield Breaks'. Bring tissues. Thanks to ABAthedude for help with VFX!

Splendid job Hatbat! I'd call that a cinematic job well done! "pats back"

sidenote: If you want, I can PM a full backstory of the Federation (or more like suggestions on how they influence the story) if you want to feature them in later episodes (or not, I don't mind)

Edited by Spearka

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.