[0.24.2] Interstellar Lite - Tweakscale Integration [v0.12.3][Sept 7]

WaveFunctionP

@rentaspoon Feels that way from what I've tested. All the reactors have a use now however unrealistic they may be. Still quite a lot of fun :D (And not sure if I prefer this yet over the old one; I keep looking at the particle bed reactors saying "yep" then looking at the fusion reactors saying "nope" lol)

Yea same here, gotta get use to new values but hey, he did an awesome job and we can adapt quickly!

Very nice! I never used intersteller because it seem to cluttered, complicated, and so sci-fi it's almost fictional, but with some balance and simplification you may well get me to download it yet! Good job, can't wait to see where you take this ;D

Heh. The only reason I used it was because Fractal based it on real world concepts, and AFAIK, the ISP and energy outputs were based on the real physics involved, not game balance questions. I haven't played Wave's new version yet, I'm a bit concerned the later reactors have been dramatically nerfed beyond their real-world equivalencies, although I'm looking forward to seeing what he has come up with and will hold comment until then.

Thanks for taking this up, WavefuntionP. KSPI was one of my favorite mods and seeing it go unworked on was sad. I really like the move to less part with scaling to for size; the part catalog is crowded enough as it is with all these mods. Can't wait to get home and play tonight.

Okay im runnin the following mods.

Tac LS

Kspi prev exp build

Mks oks

Kas

Kos shuttle

Agress texture.

Infer robotics

So i know this will break my save but are there any other potential conflicts? They are all the most recent .24.2 builds. Btw awesome job wave. Glad to see all the progress

Very nice! I never used intersteller because it seem to cluttered, complicated, and so sci-fi it's almost fictional, but with some balance and simplification you may well get me to download it yet! Good job, can't wait to see where you take this ;D

There was quite a learning curve at times, it certainly kept me occupied for many a day. In some ways the 'almost fictional' aspect was offset by

the good:

new tech was never quite as good as you thought it would be and arrived with problems of its own.

and the bad:

Some horrible design decisions wrt the shape and overall design of some parts.

Heh. The only reason I used it was because Fractal based it on real world concepts, and AFAIK, the ISP and energy outputs were based on the real physics involved, not game balance questions. I haven't played Wave's new version yet, I'm a bit concerned the later reactors have been dramatically nerfed beyond their real-world equivalencies, although I'm looking forward to seeing what he has come up with and will hold comment until then.
Remember that KSP is not built to real-world scale though, so engines and systems that use real scale are massively overpowered in the context of KSP.

i have a bug when instaled it all engines dependend on Firesplitter plugin starts activatet ( b9 and Karbonite too )

that was even within .11 but now i realize so when this mod wasnt instaled was everythink ok.

all thinks in interstellar wich i tested so far so good

Is He-3 decay on-rails now, and what about resource extraction? Oh and congratulations on the release. Have been a fan of your experimental version for a long time, and I'm happy to see it finally taking a turn in the direction you seemed to want to take it for so long :)

Remember that KSP is not built to real-world scale though, so engines and systems that use real scale are massively overpowered in the context of KSP.

I hear ya. I don't expect rigid realism, although the *concepts* being potentially real and the effort to balance them so was more appealing to me than say, hyperdrive, which is why I picked this up. Not having played the new version yet I can't speak to balance - i just know sometimes people nerf capstone skills/techs/unlocks because they're "massively overpowered" by end-game, but it's a capstone - an antimatter engine should be ridiculous, that's the point.

I have faith, I'm just hoping the cool end-game stuff didn't become "side-grades" instead because it was "too easy" . I'll try and play it tonight and judge for myself. Anxious to see the changes, I know Wave (and Fractal) have worked very hard for probably very little reward.

KSP 64 bit actin' weird lately though, I think FAR/TAC/MKS/KSPI aren't liking each other too much in whatever KSP running environment I have set up. I had to remove RemoteTech and DRE (sad face) just to get the game to not crash on load with that wierd KSC-in-the-VAB bug.

(Also sent you some caffeine funds there Wave, thanks for all your hard work, hope you don't mind $CAN)

So use something like KIDS to make it less OP.

The thermal engines are a bit more complex than standard rockets and don't react well to ISP scalers because the ISP is calculated based upon the core temperature of the reactor the thermal engine is attached to. KIDS is great for simple rockets which have the ISP hardcoded in a config file though.

The only nitpick i can find so far is that i dont think the Antimatter Storage Tank and Antimatter Collector should be seperated into 2 different research nodes. Giving one without the other is like giving someone a car but no fuel or fuel but no car imo.

The only nitpick i can find so far is that i dont think the Antimatter Storage Tank and Antimatter Collector should be seperated into 2 different research nodes. Giving one without the other is like giving someone a car but no fuel or fuel but no car imo.

I thought research/ science mode did not work in this version of Interstellar anyway. Does it work with research/science? Something about the tree not loading properly?

WaveFunctionP -

When you do get around to integrating RealFuels with everything, take a look at the RealFuels/Karbonite integration configs Raptor831 and I have been working on.

I feel like they may be useful to you when you want to integrate RealFuels with those other mods. It's fairly straightforward, but rather tedious.

Also, in that, I wrote up atmospheres for the planets that included Kethane. They differ slightly from yours in the Interstellar and Karbonite atmospheric resource definitions. If possible, I'd like to get on the same page regarding that.

WaveFunctionP -

When you do get around to integrating RealFuels with everything, take a look at the RealFuels/Karbonite integration configs Raptor831 and I have been working on.

I feel like they may be useful to you when you want to integrate RealFuels with those other mods. It's fairly straightforward, but rather tedious.

Also, in that, I wrote up atmospheres for the planets that included Kethane. They differ slightly from yours in the Interstellar and Karbonite atmospheric resource definitions. If possible, I'd like to get on the same page regarding that.

If RealFuels is integrated I really hope it will be optional.

I am having three bugs at the moment. First is that when I mouse over some of the tweakable items in the parts catalogue, they start blinking rapidly and the preview model expands rapidly off the screen. The ones that do it for me specifically are Antimatter initiated reactor, antimatter reactor, fission reactor, fusion reactor, particle bed fission reactor, deployable microwave array, microwave beamed receiver, inline refinery, and the fixed size microwave transceiver.

Second is that the deployable radiator fins dont have a right click menu for deployment, or even the option in action group editor for deployment. I don't know what was driving the animation module before, so I am not really sure what broke there. after seeing that its deployable part was broken, I tested the microwave deployable phased array and the microwave receiver and encountered the same problem, as well as the science lab and the magnetometer. In short, every thing that can deploy is broken when it comes to deployment. Oddly enough, this excludes the radial warp engines.

Lastly is that the VAB thermal helper is broken. It has a button in the toolbar, but it does not pop up a screen at all

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.