[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

magico13

@magico13 sounds good, and good luck with your various busyness! :)

Regarding rollout, let's take Apollo 11 as an example. It was rolled to the pad on May 20th, but stayed on the pad undergoing checks (i.e. what 'rollout' really signifies) until launch nearly two full months later. So certainly the pad would have needed to be ready to receive it at the start of what KCT considers rollout, since it left the VAB and arrived at the pad all during that first day.

On 3/23/2016 at 0:16 PM, magico13 said:

I briefly looked at this when you posted it here and my best guess what a graphics card problem, but I've never really seen anything like that. Sorry I can't be of more help.

I was reading various comments about memory leaking, so i went onto my 16G Ram computer, which does run better graphics options, but i have encountered crashes here too that break the game with 1 file, I was coming close to landing on the surface of a body, and i think it crashed due to a sudden texture changing, but this doesn't happen all the time, so it is sometimes from coming out of the VAB too quick, attached is the crash report/log

LOG- https://www.dropbox.com/s/x1y3vvk3jrbp07h/2016-03-24_152702.zip?dl=0

4 minutes ago, NathanKell said:

@magico13 sounds good, and good luck with your various busyness! :)

Regarding rollout, let's take Apollo 11 as an example. It was rolled to the pad on May 20th, but stayed on the pad undergoing checks (i.e. what 'rollout' really signifies) until launch nearly two full months later. So certainly the pad would have needed to be ready to receive it at the start of what KCT considers rollout, since it left the VAB and arrived at the pad all during that first day.

Within the option menu for KCT, there is a slider to adjust the time it takes to roll out, you can prolong the time it takes to rollout by however much you like. This way you can "pretend" that the kerbals are doing checks.

Though prolonging will not effect anything but the time factor, maybe it can effect the cost and make it cheaper as it isn't rushed, if Magico13 considers this addition

@DiamondExcavater I'm well aware of that slider, and the formulae. RP-0 has very heavily modified formulae. What I was responding to was the question of whether KCT's rollout and reconditioning could occur at the same time; in real life they cannot, as I showed in that example. Which is why I asked magico to add an option to prevent them happening at the same time.

2 hours ago, eberkain said:

I think I encountered a small bug.  Playing with a global multiplier of 5, I edited a vessel and it said it would take 1 hour to build, but when back in the main window it was actually 5 hours. 

They use the same formula so that's a bit surprising. Could be that it had the wrong rate the GUI in when estimating? Editing sometimes has issues as well where it doesn't recalculate the BP properly, but you should still see the same thing inside and outside the editor in that case. If you can reproduce it or you notice it again, take some screenshots and let me know (maybe backup the save too so I can try to reproduce it on my end).

On 3/24/2016 at 4:21 PM, NathanKell said:

@DiamondExcavater I'm well aware of that slider, and the formulae. RP-0 has very heavily modified formulae. What I was responding to was the question of whether KCT's rollout and reconditioning could occur at the same time; in real life they cannot, as I showed in that example. Which is why I asked magico to add an option to prevent them happening at the same time.

Oh okay, sorry I misunderstood, and I agree it shouldn't happen at the same time.

@magico13

My game is getting more and more corrupt, I verified my game and started up, I warped until my vessel was ready for a contract, I kept warping and realised i already had something to launch for that contract, as it was warping I clicked launch, I selected the crew and launched, but it showed me the a plain screen with the navball and a normal flight screen but every thing was growing a colour which spread through the screen until everything was white with colour.

I will give another KSP.log (here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nr1edlihnultpop/KSP.log?dl=0 )

It said KCT is broken and will be unplayable again... except this time it won't fix with a simple verification...

I didn't search the whole thread for this, so please forgive me if it has been answered elsewhere: Right now, I can easily research different science tree nodes simultaneously, when I have enough science to start the research without leaving the science center, even ones that depend on still unlocked ones (start unlocking node x unlocks the option to research the dependend nodes, e.g. going into the reserach lab with enough science points, I can start researching "Basic Rocketry" and "General Rocketry" at the same time).

Is that (or at least the simultaneous research of different nodes, even without dependencies) intended behaviour or a bug/can't be circumvented in the game's GUI? Or would it be more "appropriate" to wait for one research to finish and manually "queue up" the next one when it's done? :)

1 hour ago, Phelan said:

I didn't search the whole thread for this, so please forgive me if it has been answered elsewhere: Right now, I can easily research different science tree nodes simultaneously, when I have enough science to start the research without leaving the science center, even ones that depend on still unlocked ones (start unlocking node x unlocks the option to research the dependend nodes, e.g. going into the reserach lab with enough science points, I can start researching "Basic Rocketry" and "General Rocketry" at the same time).

Is that (or at least the simultaneous research of different nodes, even without dependencies) intended behaviour or a bug/can't be circumvented in the game's GUI? Or would it be more "appropriate" to wait for one research to finish and manually "queue up" the next one when it's done? :)

Simultaneous research of nodes, including later nodes, is intended. The R&D center is a large facility with many different research groups, and so multiple things can be researched at once. Later tech nodes cost more and would always take longer to unlock, so the prereq nodes will always unlock first. (Exception mentioned below)

If you don't like that behavior, you can change it by modifying the formulas. There's a post a while back that goes into detail about that which you can probably find by searching the thread, if not just ask and I can try to remember what exactly needs changed. I should probably not let you finish a node that has unmet prerequisites, which only became a possibility when I added the ability to cancel researching a node or reorder the research queue for limited rates. Adding that restriction in won't be hard.

Great, thanks :)

And no, both approaches (simultaneous research and a "research queue") make sense, but the simultaneous one is more 'playable', so I'm fine :) I guess I'll just "manually" limit myself to only research nodes whose requirements are already met.

Is the "devel." rate under R&D upgrades supposed to max out at 128 sci/day? I just wanted to spend an upgrade point to improve it to 256, and nothing changed (except my upgrade point, which KCT was happy to deduct anyway). I found no formula governing this, so is this hardcoded&intentional or a bug?

/edit

I managed to find a save sometime before my upgrade attempt, and it seems the rate did change. But it still shows as 128 in the upgrade menu... weird. I think I might have misunderstood something here; lemme check a few things...

/edit2

Ok, found out what was going on. I recently changed the NodeFormula so that there is a queue where each item gets researched at 2/3 the rate of its predecessor in the queue. Before changing the formula, whatever was in there had me already at 128, while in actuality, according the the new formula, I was only at 64. The rates and everything were working correctly, it was just the upgrade dialog displaying my current level as it was according to the old formula (which, apparently, was giving me double the research rate it was intended to)... For some reason it suddenly started displaying correctly after I loaded the save from before the upgrade a few times. There seems to be something fishy going on here, but I'd say it's probably not worth your time investigating for now. Just concentrate on 1.1 and whatever else you're doing with the mod currently... anyways, I'm all good now.

Why can't I think of this stuff before posting in the forums :confused:

Edited by MaxRebo
solved

All the formulas are supposed to recalculate when you save the Preset and also when you load a game. It's possible one slipped through the cracks however. I'll try to remember to double check that when I get back into development.

Regarding development: I'll try to see if I can update this and StageRecovery to 1.1 tonight. This month is going to be busy for me, but I promise to at least get the current code updated for the full 1.1 release if not also get some bug fixes in as well. New features will have to wait until end of April/May after I deposit my thesis and the semester starts winding down. I'm 20 pages in and way behind schedule :confused:

1 hour ago, magico13 said:

All the formulas are supposed to recalculate when you save the Preset and also when you load a game. It's possible one slipped through the cracks however. I'll try to remember to double check that when I get back into development.

Regarding development: I'll try to see if I can update this and StageRecovery to 1.1 tonight. This month is going to be busy for me, but I promise to at least get the current code updated for the full 1.1 release if not also get some bug fixes in as well. New features will have to wait until end of April/May after I deposit my thesis and the semester starts winding down. I'm 20 pages in and way behind schedule :confused:

I know that feel :confused: Take your time, some of the other rather prominent mods won't be getting 1.1 compatibility before the full release, and I for one am not updating until I can move with all my mods in tow...

Good luck with your thesis. Judging from the nature and quality of your work here I'm sure you'll do great!

295 errors on build... let's hope that's mostly just a missing assembly reference...

I fix one, new ones take its place... This is gonna be a long process.

Edited by magico13

On 3/28/2016 at 5:18 PM, Phelan said:

I asked for the same thing so I happen to have this bookmarked :)  Here's how to change it: 

On 2/4/2016 at 5:39 AM, magico13 said:

295 errors on build... let's hope that's mostly just a missing assembly reference...

Ouch !

Good luck with this...

On 4/2/2016 at 10:39 PM, magico13 said:

I have been goofing around in 1.1 x64, but i find no will to start a new career without KCT. You do great work @magico13, can't wait to see KCT up to speed in 1.1, as well as your other mods!

Keep up the great work!

Sorry for being late (I bought the game in 2016).

Is it just me or the logo looks like the KSP logo with boosters removed?

EDIT: Know what? KSP + this mod + pay-to-win system = KSP becomes the ultimate bribing your way to prevent monotony games.

Let's just hope that not what Squad wants for.

EDIT 2: Let's just hope Squad still keeps the time warp features.

MORE: Let's just hope time warp is free.

MORE 2: KSP + this mod + pay-to-win system - price tag + time warp price = KSP becomes allegedly free games. (Think going to Mun or Minmus without time warp).

I hate those pay-to-win games.

Edited by Anbang11

2 hours ago, Anbang11 said:

EDIT: Know what? KSP + this mod + pay-to-win system = KSP becomes the ultimate bribing your way to prevent monotony games.

MORE 2: KSP + this mod + pay-to-win system - price tag + time warp price = KSP becomes allegedly free games. (Think going to Mun or Minmus without time warp).

Don't give them ideas :ph34r:

You should work as a game publisher CEO... not that KSP could actually do all that without completely removing modding capability.

7 hours ago, Anbang11 said:

The logo is based off the KSP logo, yes, entirely on purpose (the logo is turned into the hands on a clock, where the clock face is a gear). They haven't told me to change it and until they do I'm keeping it that way. If I have to change it I'll go back to the previous artwork which you can see in-game when using the mod (for the buttons). I don't make any money from this (except the rare donation every couple months) so I don't think they care much.

I'm not sure what the point of your edits are. I'm inclined to think you haven't ever used the mod and are just making comments about what you think the mod is about. Kerbal Construction Time first off is an optional mod that I've been working on for over two years, completely free of charge. Its purpose in a particular person's game depends on who you ask (go ahead and ask any of the over 7000 people who have downloaded it in the past two months), but it's generally either to provide a sense of history to their game (so you don't land on Mun on Day 3 for instance), to add realism (ie, real rockets don't magically appear on the launchpad so why should ours?), to add the challenge of managing time as a resource along with funds, science, and reputation, or simply to use some of the features like simulations. Nobody is forced to use it, and I've gone out of my way to ensure that you can disable any and all features you don't enjoy using (you won't find a mod that has more customization options).

You can timewarp through any time restriction at no penalty other than not fully utilizing the time you warp through. Some people still play one mission at a time. Other people try to maximize the value of their time and run a handful of missions and have every build queue utilized.

despise the "pay to win" and "pay to skip" mindset of games, especially mobile games. It's effective for making money, but I don't do this for money. I do this entirely for fun, to make KSP more fun for myself and for the hundreds to thousands of players who use this mod.

Squad doesn't want to implement construction times. I don't want them to either. They think time is meaningless in a game where you can just warp through any limits. KCT has proven that to be a completely false idea. Thankfully there appears to be a movement starting to utilize time as a resource, mining is an example of that and so is the research lab. With both you trade time for something else of value. Timewarp is, and will always, be an option. KSP is about freedom, not restriction, and I have argued that point with regards to time and other features in the past. Every new feature should provide more options for players and not remove them.

So if you want to compare KCT to one of those horrible games again, we'll all know you're just pulling crap out of thin air. If you really want to see just what KCT would be like if it was as you described, just download KCT v1.1.5 for KSP v0.90 and set the date on your computer to April 1st. ;)

Edited by magico13

50 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

I agree with everything you said but I think you might have hit the kid a bit hard lol; never looked at it that way though +1

The comparison to the crappy mobile game mechanics always hits a nerve with me because KCT is nothing like that. Those games make you have to wait real time or pay them money, while KCT just takes game time (which can pass at 100,000x real life) in an effort to provide more value to your experience, not to try to extort you.

I'm normally rather friendly, but I'm not sure why anyone would come onto this thread just to say negative things about an optional mod that's being made for free. I do apologize if I was a bit harsh, though, especially if the post was made in jest (communication through text often gets misinterpreted as more serious or harsh than intended).

I did not intent to say negative about this mod, just want to tell you that I am thinking about the idea of this mod could make KSP one step closer to pay-to-skip scheme. Time warp will never, ever be completely removed because you just can not do an interplanetary mission without time warp. But it is possible to restrict time warp and made them pay for time warp. Let's just hope Squad would never do that on us. Except for the next April fools.

EDIT: I'll try this mod then.

EDIT 2: It gives you science? I'll use this mod! For science!

Edited by Anbang11

1 hour ago, Anbang11 said:

I did not intent to say negative about this mod

It was negative in the sense that you implied, for this mod to be pay-to-skip, which is just terrible and I hate those games

(which means I never skip to pay)

I am thinking about the idea of this mod could make KSP one step closer to pay-to-skip scheme.

Firstly the sentence structure is hard to follow.

Secondly, Just NO, that will never happen and why would you want to make it paid? no one will want to have mods, and the modding community will fall and dwindle, with people like you paying for free mods and all the rest of us out of the picture...

Time warp will never, ever be completely removed because you just can not do an interplanetary mission without time warp. 

You insisted time warp to be paid for, so you would be looking at (roughly the estimate of time warp fees) 10 cents per minute of time warp, but this also requires more money spent for the much faster time warps. For full time warp, for 1 min would be $1 per minute. Thats rubbish, and it is obvious that such a feature won't be removed as no one wants to wait 10 years to make a correction burn and then wait 10 days to make another one...

But it is possible to restrict time warp and made them pay for time warp. Let's just hope Squad would never do that on us. Except for the next April fools.

AS said above, such an idea is just absurd, irrational and immature. Squad is happy enough with the income from game purchases, but in possible future will sell DLC and what not, this could the time that Mods might drop a little, but this is the only time anything that resembles a mod will be paid for. The game will not be finished next April fools as the game has many things to improve on, so DLC work or any "Pay For Time warp business" won't be happening

EDIT: I'll try this mod then.

EDIT 2: It gives you science? I'll use this mod! For science!

Try the mod and go away, and use any other mod in combination. This is a place to talk about the mod, and any issues it may have, not a place to say a life story, and a bunch of unworthy comments, especially from an immature imbecile like yourself who has no value for money, Stop with these edits that have no use to this Forum section. We do not need to know that you will download a mod, otherwise we will be spammed with all the 7000 monthly downloads people make.

Derp