[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

magico13

2 hours ago, Anbang11 said:

I did not intent to say negative about this mod, just want to tell you that I am thinking about the idea of this mod could make KSP one step closer to pay-to-skip scheme.

You were serious? I really thought that was a rather successful and fun attempt at satire...

I think the same danger applies to parts mods. What if Squad decides to charge you on a per part basis? Or you'll have to pay a fraction of your rocket's price to launch it? Jeez, I'm gonna uninstall all the mods before I'm broke!

I honestly dont know what it was trying to communicate; oh well. Since i'm here, will KRASH adoption be a 1.1 release feature or sometime after? Perfectly understable if things are up in the air at this point still with the current 1.1 chaos

Cheers

For anyone who likes the "pay to play", there are many mod authors who would love contributions (myself included).  We don't do this for money, we do it for enjoyment.  For me, this is the first game I've ever modded, and am actually having as much fun modding as I do playing the game.  But I would still accept contributions (Patreon account).

Re KRASH, it is working for 1.1, and is available here:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzid7e3pW1k7N24tSWZLYzBkQ1E/view?usp=sharing

Bug reports are welcomed!

My first goal for 1.1 is just to get the current code working with it. The first feature release after 1.1 will begin the deprecation of KCT's simulations. I haven't decided if I'll remove them entirely right away or if I'll just disable them for one release and remove them for the next. I suggest using KRASH with 1.1 anyway since then you guys can provide feedback to LGG and I before the full simulation removal, to make the transition more seamless.

I`d just like to say thanks for KCT. I`m currently playing RP-0/RO with KCT and the pace is just about perfect. I sometimes feel rushed if I have had a few failures during launch because it takes so long to build a new rocket that I might miss the next transfer window. I`m also trying to keep pace with the space race era.

The year is 1965 and I am planning a moon landing.

thank-you.jpg

9 hours ago, magico13 said:

My first goal for 1.1 is just to get the current code working with it. The first feature release after 1.1 will begin the deprecation of KCT's simulations. I haven't decided if I'll remove them entirely right away or if I'll just disable them for one release and remove them for the next. I suggest using KRASH with 1.1 anyway since then you guys can provide feedback to LGG and I before the full simulation removal, to make the transition more seamless.

Maybe I missed it in a prior post, I looked back about 10 pages... Why are simulations going the way of the dodo?  I use KCT in all my games now, especially RSS/RO, and it is nice to simulate my monstrosities before committing the "time" just to find out they are ungodly uncontrollable.

EDIT:  Also, thank you much for this amazing mod, it has given my games so much more depth!  I really like the historical feel this adds to my games!

Edited by rmroc451

55 minutes ago, rmroc451 said:

Maybe I missed it in a prior post, I looked back about 10 pages... Why are simulations going the way of the dodo?  I use KCT in all my games now, especially RSS/RO, and it is nice to simulate my monstrosities before committing the "time" just to find out they are ungodly uncontrollable.

EDIT:  Also, thank you much for this amazing mod, it has given my games so much more depth!  I really like the historical feel this adds to my games!

I'm outsourcing simulations to another mod, KRASH, for a few reasons:

1. KCT's simulation code is one of the oldest pieces of code and desperately needs rewritten
  2. I've wanted to split KCT up into "modules" so that each piece can be used separately for a while now (simulations, part inventory, and main KCT would each be its own mod). Some people only want to use one aspect of the mod, so why install the whole thing for one part? It also allows me to have more cross-features between any future mods (eg, with the part inventory split off I could write a mod that makes it so when you buy parts they aren't recovered for funds, but instead that specific part is tracked, without also requiring build times and other KCT specific features)
  3. I haven't had a whole lot of time lately to work on development and I'm not sure how much time I will have in the future, by letting someone else take control of one functionality then I have less I need to do (meaning I can focus on other parts of the mod) and the players will probably see more frequent and/or higher quality updates.

At this point it's an experiment. If people are unsatisfied with the arrangement for legitimate reasons, I can always add simulations back in.

10 hours ago, magico13 said:

1. KCT's simulation code is one of the oldest pieces of code and desperately needs rewritten
  2. I've wanted to split KCT up into "modules" so that each piece can be used separately for a while now (simulations, part inventory, and main KCT would each be its own mod). Some people only want to use one aspect of the mod, so why install the whole thing for one part? It also allows me to have more cross-features between any future mods (eg, with the part inventory split off I could write a mod that makes it so when you buy parts they aren't recovered for funds, but instead that specific part is tracked, without also requiring build times and other KCT specific features)
  3. I haven't had a whole lot of time lately to work on development and I'm not sure how much time I will have in the future, by letting someone else take control of one functionality then I have less I need to do (meaning I can focus on other parts of the mod) and the players will probably see more frequent and/or higher quality updates.

At this point it's an experiment. If people are unsatisfied with the arrangement for legitimate reasons, I can always add simulations back in.

Thanks magico13, rock on man!

10 hours ago, magico13 said:

Haven't played with it the new, way, but sounds fine by me! I haven't used many simulations recently, and I always wanted mine to feel more "simulatedey", anyway. Will take a look at KRASH :) 

By the way, what the hell is this talk about pay-to-skip? Have gone back a few pages, but still can't figure out what people are talking about.

2 hours ago, monstah said:

By the way, what the hell is this talk about pay-to-skip? Have gone back a few pages, but still can't figure out what people are talking about.

Just a troll and/or confused person who hadn't tried the mod but was comparing it to the "freemium" pay-to-skip model of phone games. I'd rather not have the thread return to that discussion.

I'm likely not going to get a chance to try to update again this weekend. There's a chance I might not get updated in time for the 1.1 release either. I apologize for that, but the timing is just really bad right now. If anyone wants to try to do the update themselves then they have my blessing, and if they do a pull request on github I can make it the official release. Otherwise you all might have to wait until after the 22nd :(

18 hours ago, magico13 said:

Can you still make a packaged version of all mods you have as one? I like KCT as is now, but seperate downloads will become hard when they need to be patched... but do as needed

1 hour ago, DiamondExcavater said:

Can you still make a packaged version of all mods you have as one? I like KCT as is now, but seperate downloads will become hard when they need to be patched... but do as needed

With CKAN it's quite easy to keep everything updated, plus everything will be AVC compatible so you'll have two methods of version checking then. It's a long-term goal so don't worry too much about it happening any time soon. The 1.1 update will likely package MagiCore in it as well which will eliminate some code duplication across my mods, but that is always shipped with the mod.

I took a break from KSP and upon returning I knew there was something I was missing.....Then it hit me! Unrapid Assembly! (Yeah... Forgot the name.... >.> But google is awesome.)  Love the mod! Thank you for creating it!

hi

magico13 thank you for your hard work. KCT is very very awesome. Sooooo ive two ideas for your mod... maybe possible in some moths if you like them.

first, a  possibility , 30% faster building > more Kerbals building on it ... maybe 60% more costs.

second also an possibility to building faster. 20% because a lot of working overtime and 60% more costs. the idea was, sometimes u need a rocket now and so you have a chance...

what do you think? And sorry if my english is a little bit bad :D

Edited by Schtiebuu

56 minutes ago, Schtiebuu said:

hi

magico13 thank you for your hard work. KCT is very very awesome. Sooooo ive two ideas for your mod... maybe possible in some moths if you like them.

first, a  possibility , 30% faster building > more Kerbals building on it ... maybe 60% more costs.

second also an possibility to building faster. 20% because a lot of working overtime and 60% more costs. the idea was, sometimes u need a rocket now and so you have a chance...

what do you think? And sorry if my english is a little bit bad :D

There already is a (limited) way to rush a build at high cost. Select the "*" button on a craft that is building and choose the rush option. It has been a while since I used it, but I believe it instantly completes 10% of the remaining build time at 20% of the vessel cost. It's best to use it at the very start.

Other options that already exist: purchase upgrades and use them to speed up builds, or reset your upgrades and put more in a particular build queue. Both can be done in an emergency but are more permanent than the 10% rush build option.

Bug Report: Upgrading a tier 2 launch pad resets the pad to tier 1. Might just be cosmetic, and might just last till it's upgraded, but facility now says (and seems to apply the limits of ) level 1.

Log is linked in github issue here.

Cheers.

(1.0.5) linux 64 bit

Edited by Deimos Rast

2 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

Bug Report: Upgrading a tier 2 launch pad resets the pad to tier 1. Might just be cosmetic, and might just last till it's upgraded, but facility now says (and seems to apply the limits of ) level 1.

Cheers.

(1.0.5)

32bit, or 64?

13 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

Cheers.

(1.0.5) linux 64 bit

So you pay to upgrade it to level 2, then wait through the whole upgrade time (at level 1, since it's still being upgraded), and when the time has passed and it upgrades to level 2 it still remains at level 1? Or are you saying that when you pay to upgrade it doesn't immediately upgrade? Because that's normal with KCT, the upgrades take time to complete and you have to wait until that time has passed before it will be upgraded (same idea as building vessels or unlocking tech nodes). You can disable that in the settings if it's something you don't want.

The text when you try to upgrade informs you that an upgrade has been requested and then there's a new upgrade in the Tech tab being worked on. After the time is up it'll automatically upgrade the building.

@magico13, the other day I was listening to Space Rocket History on my walk to work, and Michael was talking about how the Gemini program was running out of spares near the end, and had only ordered so many rockets built. Made me think of this awesome mod. Definitely need to throw it into my mod list next time I get to play.

I just wanted to say this is a great mod and thank you for your work with it. I've had compatibility errors with extra planet mods, but i try to get this running each play-through. I believe SQUAD removed the limit on career length, which used to be a deterrent for me using this mod, but overall its a great mod which adds quite a bit to the game-play despite the [apparently] simple concept.

Keep up the great work

Magico, I just got even more respect for you then I already had.

Thought I might try to cobble together an 1.1 update as you are busy. I know C#, i'd even say that i'm quite good at coding. Sure I haven't worked with KSP addons or even Unity before, but how hard can i be, right?

After looking and excessive googling, a few hours later, I realized "Harder then I thought". I'd better leave this to the pro's and maybe start with something a bit simpler for myself :)

Best of luck with your thesis, and I look forward to when you have the time to get back to KSP! This game in unplayable without your awesome mods!

Well, the deadline for the thesis is this Friday, so I'll probably get to fire everything up this weekend and hope to get at least a basic version up and running by Monday morning. Bug fixes will likely have to wait an extra week or two, but at the very least hopefully something will be working this weekend :)

@nosscire if you want to get into modding, I've got a mod that I've just done the proof of concept work on but haven't gotten a chance to go back to called NIMBY. If it's something you're interested in, you are more than welcome to it and I'll even help out if you need it (after this week). If it's not something that interests you then I'd suggest working on something else instead :wink: