[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

OK cool, I'll look into those mods, I'd rather be able to attach parts to eachother without having to use a ton of docking ports which would only increase my part count/lag and make a bunch of ugly seams.

You don't need a ton of docking ports, and the HX sized ones are pretty decent looking to begin with (and they come in all of the HX sizes). The idea isn't to launch a very large ship in a lot of tiny sections, it's to break it into a few manageably sized sections which are easier to put into space. If lag is an issue then it's going to be a problem with or without the docking ports.

does not work with this mode. please please please fix this. i don't know what to do about it. i can't find any work arounds in the configs and im not smart enough to do any re-config/coding from scratch.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/102237-0-25-LLL-Lack-Luster-Labs-%28Sci-fi-flying-boxes%29-LLL-13-03DE2014

does not work with this mode. please please please fix this. i don't know what to do about it. i can't find any work arounds in the configs and im not smart enough to do any re-config/coding from scratch.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/102237-0-25-LLL-Lack-Luster-Labs-%28Sci-fi-flying-boxes%29-LLL-13-03DE2014

You're going to have to be more specific. What isn't working? If you're getting a crash on load then you're probably out of memory and need the Active Texture Management mod.

how do. im finding it very dificult to find a way to post it without just flat out posting it in here. i don't see any "spoiler" option in this forums posting options......

and its to big to upload to google docs apparently........

Others have used DropBox successfully in the past.

And there is a spoiler tag

[noparse]

some more text

[/noparse]

comes up as

some more text

Though the log is probably too long for a post anyway.

DynamicHeapAllocator out of memory - Could not get memory for large allocationCould not allocate memory: System out of memory!

Yep, you're out of memory. This has nothing to do with B9 or LLL specifically, just that part mods tend to require a lot of memory to load their textures. The simplest solution is to get Active Texture Management.

well quick question. should i install b9 before or after this mod. since they have overlapping mods.

Order shouldn't matter either way, but I can't see anything that overlaps. In general you want to merge the GameData folders into the one in your KSP install.

reason why is because one of the mods has 2 in its install.... which is why i asked...

- - - Updated - - -

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...... iv never. after waiting forever for that thing to log all my mods... iv never seen ksp launch so fast before.... it launched in like. 5 seconds after i restarted.

reason why is because one of the mods has 2 in its install.... which is why i asked...

- - - Updated - - -

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...... iv never. after waiting forever for that thing to log all my mods... iv never seen ksp launch so fast before.... it launched in like. 5 seconds after i restarted.

Yes, well what Active Texture Management does is cache the textures in a machine-friendly format, which takes time but it caches the result so it will load fast on later attempts. KSP does the same thing to some textures by default, but many aren't compressed and it doesn't cache the result so load times are always long.

Also there is a config file in the FAR folder called FARPartClassification.cfg in it it will tell you the various words that FAR looks for in the part title and what kind of attributes it will assign them, also you can add your own titles to one of the various categories if you want something unique instead of just "fairing" or "cargo bay"

Nice pointer ! Thanks !

Ah, that. If there are multiple versions then keep the latest one (2.5.6). Though in truth you may want to update to 2.5.9 from the official thread.

Yep, you really only need the latest one. While having multiple versions doesn't seem to cause harm, it does make the 'loading mods' text above the loading progress bar appear multiple times. And yes, update to the latest module manager version.

I found what made NodeToggle cause ships to fall apart, there was an unhandled exception in OnStart outside the editor which actually made the parts lose all physics. I tried fixing it: https://github.com/Ramarren/Virgin-Kalactic/commit/55045c7649021fdc0d5513cf9df461237c5d8e08 , recompiled dll here: https://github.com/Ramarren/Virgin-Kalactic/blob/55045c7649021fdc0d5513cf9df461237c5d8e08/GameData/Virgin%20Kalactic/VirginGeneric.dll?raw=true . Seems to work after few minutes of testing, but no guarantees.

I have been facing a bit of an annoying issue with the HX parts. When ever I use them and launch a craft they always behave with an undesirable trait. Upon the physics loading on the runway or launch pad the parts either shake themselves apart violently, don't stay together at all (fall though each other as some people have been mentioning in the thread), or oddly rotate about the cockpit (if the cockpit is the root part the whole craft leans towards it, no matter how heavy the rest of the craft is, or is the cockpit is not the root part then the craft leans back and clips straight through the runway so that all you can see is the cockpit sticking up). I don't know if its just an odd clipping issues with B9 or if its something wrong on my end. I've gotten the same issues with B9 being the only mod in the file and with B9 being with other mods. Any insight to fixing this issues would be greatly appreciate! Thank you.

Edited by Lonegamer21

I have been facing a bit of an annoying issue with the HX parts. When ever I use them and launch a craft they always behave with an undesirable trait. Upon the physics loading on the runway or launch pad the parts either shake themselves apart violently, don't stay together at all (fall though each other as some people have been mentioning in the thread), or oddly rotate about the cockpit (if the cockpit is the root part the whole craft leans towards it, no matter how heavy the rest of the craft is, or is the cockpit is not the root part then the craft leans back and clips straight through the runway so that all you can see is the cockpit sticking up).

My post with a proposed fix for this exact issue is literally right above yours. Come on, it is not even behind a page break or anything. HX parts have the NodeToggle module, which you can tell because you can toggle nodes on them.

Game won't load past the Cockpit_HL part, any ideas why?

I don't think it's ram usage, as it's at 2.23GB, though I have noticed that it would go up about 10MB and then drop back and continue doing this.

According to the game, no mods are out of date.

And it only happens when ModuleManager is patching stuff.

I don't really want to get rid of ModuleManager as some of the other mods I'm using, requires it, I hope it's not an either/or situation.

Game won't load past the Cockpit_HL part, any ideas why?

Last time someone had this issue, it got fixed by deleting all B9 related folders as well as the stock Squad folder and then reinstalling it all fresh. It hangs because it tries to load something that doesn't exist (monopropellant for the ModuleRCS in the cockpit) so unless you know why your monopropellant isn't loading, the best bet is a reinstall of the stock folder.

Or at least, it worked for the other guy. YMMV.