[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

@Azrael the Sorrowful Thanks for the report, but I'm going to need a few more things if I'm going to do anything about it:

1. The exact names of the parts you're talking about
  2. Logs after running KSP and seeing this happen
  3. Ideally (but less important than 1 and 2) a craft to reproduce with that only uses B9 and stock parts.

2 hours ago, blowfish said:

@Azrael the Sorrowful Thanks for the report, but I'm going to need a few more things if I'm going to do anything about it:

1. The exact names of the parts you're talking about
  2. Logs after running KSP and seeing this happen
  3. Ideally (but less important than 1 and 2) a craft to reproduce with that only uses B9 and stock parts.

1. Yeah, sorry. I was just about to go to bed and couldn't remember them, hoped descriptions would do. The parts were: the HX1-A-375B Adapter and the HS1-SAS Reaction Wheel.
2.Here's the log file: log file
3. I made a quick ship with only the parts you requested: craft file

2 hours ago, Azrael the Sorrowful said:

1. Yeah, sorry. I was just about to go to bed and couldn't remember them, hoped descriptions would do. The parts were: the HX1-A-375B Adapter and the HS1-SAS Reaction Wheel.
2.Here's the log file: log file
3. I made a quick ship with only the parts you requested: craft file

Okay, I reproduced the problem.  It didn't require going to space, or have anything to do with the reaction wheel.  The problem arises when you have a switchable part as the root part of the ship.  I will investigate this, but the workaround for now would be to use a different part as the root part (for instance, the cockpit).

6 minutes ago, blowfish said:

Okay, I reproduced the problem.  It didn't require going to space, or have anything to do with the reaction wheel.  The problem arises when you have a switchable part as the root part of the ship.  I will investigate this, but the workaround for now would be to use a different part as the root part (for instance, the cockpit).

Oh, alright. Thanks for the help.

@blowfish have the default scales been altered for the Tweakscale configs? I noticed the engines seem a bit underpowered since the last update. My seaplanes using the (forgive me) the "big jumbo jet engine" won't pull out of the water so easily anymore. And the engines looked huge when I first loaded everything up. Also noticed you removed all 4 of the structural engine mounts. I personally used those every time (I just modified everything to put them back in for now)

Just got around to updating last night. Looks like the only real casualty was one ship built primarily out of HX parts (most of it disappeared) And 90degree offset airbrakes which is no big deal to just rotate and save.

All in all Thanks for fixing the engine FXs and airbrakes. Those two alone made it worthwhile to update.

8 minutes ago, V8jester said:

@blowfish have the default scales been altered for the Tweakscale configs? I noticed the engines seem a bit underpowered since the last update. My seaplanes using the (forgive me) the "big jumbo jet engine" won't pull out of the water so easily anymore. And the engines looked huge when I first loaded everything up. Also noticed you removed all 4 of the structural engine mounts. I personally used those every time (I just modified everything to put them back in for now)

Just got around to updating last night. Looks like the only real casualty was one ship built primarily out of HX parts (most of it disappeared) And 90degree offset airbrakes which is no big deal to just rotate and save.

All in all Thanks for fixing the engine FXs and airbrakes. Those two alone made it worthwhile to update.

I haven't touched the Twekscale configs (which are not bundled with B9 at any rate).  In general, I'd recommend not using B9 with Tweakscale at the moment as the tanks are 100% incompatible - I will address this but not until 1.1 fixes the module mass thing.  Though that shouldn't affect the engines at all.

I did increase the size (and adjust the stats) of the medium jet pods to differentiate them from the stock Wheezley.  Not sure how Tweakscale deals with this.

The engine pylons are now integrated into the engines - you can switch the subtype in the UI, and if you pick up the engine again the attach node will be in the correct place too.  I offered to keep separate configs for them in the legacy pack a while ago, but no one responded.

The HX parts are still available in the HX pack.  Any ship using them would loose its fuel assignments, but they can be re-assigned in the editor easily enough.

And the airbrakes I changed to the same orientation as the stock airbrakes.  It's possible that they would have worked as-is, but I didn't want to risk it.

Edited by blowfish

1 minute ago, blowfish said:

I haven't touched the Twekscale configs (which are not bundled with B9 at any rate).  In general, I'd recommend not using B9 with Tweakscale at the moment as the tanks are 100% incompatible - I will address this but not until 1.1 fixes the module mass thing.  Though that shouldn't affect the engines at all.

I did increase the size (and adjust the stats) of the medium jet pods to differentiate them from the stock Wheezley.  Not sure how Tweakscale deals with this.

The engine pylons are now integrated into the engines - you can switch the subtype in the UI, and if you pick up the engine again the attach node will be in the correct place too.  I offered to keep separate configs for them in the legacy pack a while ago, but no one responded.

The HX parts are still available in the HX pack.  Any ship using them would loose its fuel assignments, but they can be re-assigned in the editor easily enough.

Ah, yup since you made the engine bigger, when scaling them back to the size I had them at it makes them much less powerful.

Oops, I'm sorry I guess I missed that - Also didn't realize the pylons are integrated now! Very cool I'll have to mess with that this evening. I like this idea much better actually, thanks.

Oh I meant it disappeared with the HX Parts installed. I found everything and got it all installed. I have also experienced the same issue if I install the KW Community fixes. I think it may be something to do with how decouplers are handled.... That one is over my head unfortunately.

43 minutes ago, Table said:

These damn SABRE engines won't stick to the attactchment points, can anyone help me?

In my experience, I've had to go into the cheat menu and enable the allow clipping mode in order to get a few B9 parts to line up and lock in on nodes correctly. I'm not sure why but it seems to work fine this way.

1 hour ago, Azrael the Sorrowful said:

Out of curiosity, would you be able to make the H50-A and H50-B Landing Legs functional with Tweakscale? I'm making some larger HX based crafts but I'm having issues finding a suitable way to land them safely. I really like the H50 legs, but I need bigger ones to due the job I want them for sadly.

TweakScale configs are the responsibility of TweakScale. (except for making the new part switcher plugin compatible, which is my responsibility but not until after 1.1).

Had to download another b9 as pack. Also, the HX parts are suicidal. I don't know what it is about them but when I switch to them in orbit, they tear themselves apart even when I turn on unbreakable joints AND no crash damage. Please help

1 hour ago, Fireheart318 said:

Had to download another b9 as pack. Also, the HX parts are suicidal. I don't know what it is about them but when I switch to them in orbit, they tear themselves apart even when I turn on unbreakable joints AND no crash damage. Please help

There's a bug right now that causes that if you have a switchable part as the root part.  Change the root to something that isn't switchable and it will work fine.

18 minutes ago, PHUZZYthecat said:

why wont my fuselages show up in the SPH?

Sorry, but if you're trying to make a support request, you're going to have to provide a lot more detail.  Start with

1. What you installed and how you installed it
  2. Exactly what you expected to show up in the SPH but did not.
  3. Logs.  Explained in this post.  These usually reveal the problem immediately.
Edited by blowfish

On March 19, 2016 at 0:25 PM, blowfish said:

That should work, yes.

It worked. Quick question, in the Jotunheim series (I think), Robbaz used these gigantic antennae, blocky cockpit things, and lights on his ships, are those B9 parts and if so, why can't I find them?

20 minutes ago, Fireheart318 said:

It worked. Quick question, in the Jotunheim series (I think), Robbaz used these gigantic antennae, blocky cockpit things, and lights on his ships, are those B9 parts and if so, why can't I find them?

I'm not sure what any of that is, but based on that I'm guessing not B9 parts.

9 minutes ago, Sure said:

Why did you take out the big parts I want to use them

Somewhat buried in the OP you will find that they have been split into a separate pack.  It's available for download right next to the core pack on Github and is also available on CKAN.

Edited by blowfish

On November 10, 2015 at 5:38 PM, blowfish said:

There's a new feature in 1.0.5 which I'm torn on whether to use - varying Isp with mach. The stock jet engines don't do it, but real jets do. I know from experience that it creates an interesting, but also very challenging gameplay element, since you burn a lot more fuel as you go faster and efficiency drops. Thoughts?

Hey blowfish what is the name of the variable for this? I can't find it anywhere. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Svm420 said:

Hey blowfish what is the name of the variable for this? I can't find it anywhere. Thanks!

I don't remember off the top of my head but I think I managed to find it: