[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

The devs listed them all for me and what they do a few pages back.

EDIT: that might have been in the pre-release thread. I'm looking.

EDIT2: Nope, this thread. Starts with post #118

Excellent, thanks. As far as I can tell, since I don't use the HX or AirCS, I can delete VK and ResGen. Not sure what deleting KineTech will do to the intakes, but if it helps them perform better or whatever, meh, I'll keep it. Already had SS, FS and JSI so that's no bother.. the CrossFeedEnabler though, I'm not sure about. Either I'm using it wrong or I think it's doing something different to what it's actually doing, but I can't figure it out. I'll keep it around, just in case.

The HX line seems pretty cool. But are the sabres fixed?

Fixed? I'm not sure what you're referring to ...

Well, seeing as that file names are arbitrary, it's quite hard for a mod manager to differentiate between a hotfix and an update.

If you think its a better idea to make all our users download 90mb again for a 5kb file ...

Fixed? I'm not sure what you're referring to ...

They used to be broken.

If you think its a better idea to make all our users download 90mb again for a 5kb file ...

He means that you should upload the 5kb file somewhere other than curse, so that some people, who have not yet downloaded B9, can still download the 90mb file, and others, who are updating, can download the 5kb file. We need both, not just one. :)

They used to be broken.

He means that you should upload the 5kb file somewhere other than curse, so that some people, who have not yet downloaded B9, can still download the 90mb file, and others, who are updating, can download the 5kb file. We need both, not just one. :)

Can't you just click the files tab and download it there? It's not gone, it's just the download button doesn't refer to it at the moment.

I've searched through this thread and picked up bits and pieces on the compatibility issues with TweakScale, but I'm hoping someone else can confirm or deny the following conclusions:

-TweakScale's presence in your install won't alone cause any issues with B9. (My experience so far.)

-TweakScale works as expected on a vessel that doesn't use any B9 parts. (Also my experience so far.)

-Problems ranging from cosmetic to game-crashing occur when the scale is modified on B9 parts. (Haven't tried myself yet.)

-Modifying the scale of non-B9 parts on a vessel with B9 parts should be okay as long as those parts don't have any direct interaction with B9 parts. (Also haven't tried myself yet.)

I've searched through this thread and picked up bits and pieces on the compatibility issues with TweakScale, but I'm hoping someone else can confirm or deny the following conclusions:

-TweakScale's presence in your install won't alone cause any issues with B9. (My experience so far.)

-TweakScale works as expected on a vessel that doesn't use any B9 parts. (Also my experience so far.)

-Problems ranging from cosmetic to game-crashing occur when the scale is modified on B9 parts. (Haven't tried myself yet.)

-Modifying the scale of non-B9 parts on a vessel with B9 parts should be okay as long as those parts don't have any direct interaction with B9 parts. (Also haven't tried myself yet.)

Seems spot on.

Just watch out in the parts details for the FSfuelSwitch module - any part with that will behave strangely when scaled. "Strange" will vary from its mass and resources not being scaled to apocalyptic failures.

Please note a few parts that don't have a fuel tank still have the FSfuelSwitch module, so that different mesh variations can have different mass. Case in point, the HX hangars.

Can't you just click the files tab and download it there? It's not gone, it's just the download button doesn't refer to it at the moment.

Users can, mod managers can't. That's what the original thing referred to.

Also, to throw my two cents in - I haven't experienced any problems with Tweakscaling parts that don't have a FSfuelSwitch thingy. Like the airbrakes, for instance, they work fine, no problems. Same with the SABRE, the M upsized worked great for a HL-sized Shuttle Main Engine. I haven't tried tweaking the tanks because really, why would you? If you want a bigger part, there's already one in the pack...

Also, yes, I kinda made a Shuttle with the HL system and 5m tanks. Mk1-2 pods look so tiny and cute in it's cargo bay! Full album here.

y3TdToX.jpg?1

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP
Added pictures

I spent a whole day to get through the config files of B9 and their referring files to gather up a clue...i really do want those epic engine plume effects in my stock engines...but i am surely dumb and cant get it to work...can you give me a hint please? :)

Hello

Thank you for the responses once again!

So as I can guess now this weird bug with asymmetric symmetry as I call it is not yet fixed?

http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/290

That is a pity to hear.

Any ideas when is it going to be fixed? The description there makes me think that it was discovered and reported quite a long time ago. What can I do with the problem until then? Even lots of struts do not seem to help completely.

What do you mean exactly when you say that much more struts are hidden inside the parts?

How is it actually done? Also is there a mod or a plugin of some sort that would let us control whether the part that is generally surface attached to another one will stick on the surface or go inside to some extent?

i really do want those epic engine plume effects in my stock engines...but i am surely dumb and cant get it to work...can you give me a hint please? :)

That's thanks to the Smoke Screen plugin and its logGrow/linGrow functions (see the entries in the engines cfg and here for examples (in fact, that link also contains a cfg for stock and NASA engines so you don't have to do anything except copypaste :)).

That's thanks to the Smoke Screen plugin and its logGrow/linGrow functions (see the entries in the engines cfg and here for examples (in fact, that link also contains a cfg for stock and NASA engines so you don't have to do anything except copypaste :)).

Thank you very much...well, though we have some trouble installing HotRockets! after the B9 pack^^ guess i will refer to stock engine exhaust fx.

Even so: is there a conflict between the .mu files? ive got a set of them in B9, the config for B9 refers to them; essentially the same for MP-Nazari, referring to its own .mu files, should i remove/overwrite one set of em?

Edited by Tyren

Im using a modded install, with quite a few mods, and i cant use the B9 Panels properly. They have connect points on the sides and the middle, the side ones work, but the ones in the middle dont, not matter what part i try attach them too. (There isnt another part blocking it) They dont even attach to them selves at the middle, just the sides im not really sure what to do :/

Using :

B9 5

Karbonite

BDArmory

NEAR

ExtraolantaryLaunchpads

Kerbin Side

KAS

Procidial Airships

Ship Manifest

and some other smaller mods

Im using a modded install, with quite a few mods, and i cant use the B9 Panels properly. They have connect points on the sides and the middle, the side ones work, but the ones in the middle dont, not matter what part i try attach them too. (There isnt another part blocking it) They dont even attach to them selves at the middle, just the sides im not really sure what to do :/

Using :

B9 5

Karbonite

BDArmory

NEAR

ExtraolantaryLaunchpads

Kerbin Side

KAS

Procidial Airships

Ship Manifest

and some other smaller mods

I had that problem until version 5.2.1 too...now its fine. maybe you should try to download the latest version + hotfix from Taverius and reinstall B9 + subplugins from scratch. :)

Thank you very much...well, though we have some trouble installing HotRockets! after the B9 pack^^ guess i will refer to stock engine exhaust fx.

Even so: is there a conflict between the .mu files? ive got a set of them in B9, the config for B9 refers to them; essentially the same for MP-Nazari, referring to its own .mu files, should i remove/overwrite one set of em?

HotRockets only has a conflict when the default hotrockets_B9.cfg is present. Installing those stock configs should have no effect on B9 engines. But, from scratch, what I would do is this:

1, install HotRockets from its OP.

2, install those stock expanding plumes configs I linked, overwriting the Squad configs.

3, Install B9, overwriting the HotRockets B9 config and required .mu files.

Anybody, please correct me if I'm wrong. This is just what I think the order needs to be.

Any ascent tips for the BRV-4 Heinlein plane? I cant seem to get it into orbit, it starts stalling at like 25k and i cant build more speed. FAR installed as well.

How fast are you going? you need to build speed in spaceplanes, and even if you start going down a bit it's not the end of the world as long as you keep gaining speed.

Im using a modded install, with quite a few mods, and i cant use the B9 Panels properly. They have connect points on the sides and the middle, the side ones work, but the ones in the middle dont

Turn them, like all parts in KSP you can't connect all 6 sides to a parent object, just like the stock 6 way stack adapter. Large nodes show which side you can connect to a parent.

While I understand that x86 (32-bit) KSP is recommended, is there anything preventing this from being used in x64 (64-bit KSP)? And if so, how would one go about making the necessary changes to get it to work in 64-bit KSP?

is there anything preventing this from being used in x64 (64-bit KSP)?

Yes - x64. It's buggy enough when it's stock and adding even just parts seems to make it more unstable. Despite it being ostensibly unlimited in terms of memory usage, it still seems to be restricted. It might work for you, it might not - the point is that Win x64 is unpredictable so trying to pinpoint bugs is too difficult due to it CTDing with some people and working fine with others.

Nothing's stopping you from using this in 64bit - they're just parts, they'll always work. What makes them not work is the inherent instability with the x64 build, which is why the devs recommend 32bit - so they can narrow down and pinpoint bugs/fixes. If a bug is present on x86, it'll be present on x64 and can be fixed, but if a bug is present on x64, it may not be reproducible in x86 which makes pinpointing it difficult (see above for reasons why).

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

I'm on 64 bit and running a heck of a lot of mods, i.e kw rocketry sp+ bda texture reducer, near future (which only electrical will work for some reason) and a few others. Is it possible with the memory for me to add the new edition of B9. If it helps, I'm also running the old version of B9 aerospace.

I'm on 64 bit and running a heck of a lot of mods, i.e kw rocketry sp+ bda texture reducer, near future (which only electrical will work for some reason) and a few others. Is it possible with the memory for me to add the new edition of B9. If it helps, I'm also running the old version of B9 aerospace.

I keep running into an issue when running 64bit in that the game will always crash just after selecting the save game to load. YMMV