[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

Now I'm just left with the Internal camera not working, which again is not that big an issue, and I imagine it's something that's somehow embedded into the model itself. I'd appreciate any help you could provide though if it *can* be worked-around =D!

Correct, they're transforms in the model that gives the camera it's location, orientation and field of view, all B9 cockpits have 2 each, one forwards "flight" and one 10 degrees lower than forwards with a wider FOV "landing". They're used in some information displays and in the camera menu, you can attach external cameras (JSI, ALCOR etc ones) and access those in the camera menu but sadly displays with information on top of the camera view doesn't let you pick which camera to use.

Docking ports also work as cameras in the docking view if set to the ship's reference part in the targeting menu.

Right, okay. I figured as much :( That's a shame, but oh well no major biggie :) Thanks for the clarification! I'll just wait patiently until you guys work on those cockpits on your own, if ever ^_^

Speaking of cameras though, you mentioned some things in your parenthesis... you mean the cockpits can use cameras from other mods? :o Is there a list of the mods that have cameras that work with B9 parts somewhere? I checked the user manual to understand the monitors (I absolutely had to the first time lol) and don't recall seeing it mention there are other cameras that work :o The only other camera I have installed is the Lazor one and I don't think that one counts, does it?

Gotcha, thanks to the both of you!

I don't think I ever actually downloaded the RPM thing lol, must have come with the B9 pack itself? Or maybe I did and just don't remember x_x. So some things are alien to me even though I've read through manuals.

So what is the plan for the B9 MK2 parts now that they are not the same as the Stock MK2 in.25

They will be changed eventually:

We've already gotten reference models for the new shape from PorkJet, it's fairly trivial to modify the existing models, probably won't even have to modify the textures (except the back/front plates that are 1:1 with the shape), it's just a lot of models, pondering the workflow on it, could probably load all the Mk2 models into a 3d editor at the same time and manipulate the mk2 shaped parts to fit the new shape at the same time, though you'll have to re-export all the Mk2 parts in unity still (properly tedious that).

FireSpitter is broken in .25 and Snjo is busy with work, expect an update in 2-3 days, we won't re-shape all the mk2 stuff right off the bat, we'll release a compatibility fix update as soon as we can, then later an update with new features like the FAR RPM stuff, and down the line new mk2 shape.

PorkJet told us about the mk2 change ages ago and we agreed that it was a good idea to make it symmetrical, solves the weird CoM issues the previous stock mk2 parts had, and it looks nicer, though I'm no so keen on his removal of all heat tiles to make the cargobays reversible into bomb-bays. Though I guess stock can't have 2 variants of the same part with different texture/UV to have the heat-shield on the cargo bay door side.

I'm trying to make a space station with the HX part series and cannot figure out how to close the Hanger doors. Is it even possible? I'm specifically talking about the HX4-UH and HX2-UH. Perhaps there is something I have overlooked.

I'm trying to make a space station with the HX part series and cannot figure out how to close the Hanger doors. Is it even possible? I'm specifically talking about the HX4-UH and HX2-UH. Perhaps there is something I have overlooked.

There are no hangar doors on HX parts.

Also, I'm getting a node misalignment on the CF34 pylons - the node is not quite lined up with the bottom of the pylon. Maybe it wasn't moved when the rescaling happened?

I'm not sure if this is a problem but when roaming through my ksp.log I saw a bunch of [WRN]s and [ERR]s and decided to post it:

[WRN 16:09:12.299] [Part]: PartModule indexing mismatch at B9.Cockpit.S2, index 9.
Node 'JSINonTransparentPod' found in loaded data, but 'TrajectoriesVesselSettings' is defined in prefab.
Looking for JSINonTransparentPod in other indices...
[WRN 16:09:12.301] ...JSINonTransparentPod module found at index 10.
[WRN 16:09:12.302] [Part]: PartModule indexing mismatch at B9.Cockpit.S2, index 10.
Node 'ModuleTripLogger' found in loaded data, but 'JSINonTransparentPod' is defined in prefab.
Looking for ModuleTripLogger in other indices...
[WRN 16:09:12.304] ...ModuleTripLogger module found at index 11.
[WRN 16:09:12.305] [Part]: PartModule indexing mismatch at B9.Cockpit.S2, index 11.
Node 'FARBasicDragModel' found in loaded data, but 'ModuleTripLogger' is defined in prefab.
Looking for FARBasicDragModel in other indices...
[ERR 16:09:12.307] ...no FARBasicDragModel module found on part definition. Skipping...

[WRN 16:09:12.345] [Part]: PartModule FARBasicDragModel at B9.Control.RCS.Block.R12, index 2: index exceeds module count as defined in cfg.
[ERR 16:09:12.347] ...no FARBasicDragModel module found on part definition. Skipping...

[WRN 16:09:12.355] [Part]: PartModule FARBasicDragModel at B9.Control.RCS.Block.R12, index 2: index exceeds module count as defined in cfg.
[ERR 16:09:12.357] ...no FARBasicDragModel module found on part definition. Skipping...

[WRN 16:09:12.364] [Part]: PartModule FARBasicDragModel at B9.Utility.Light.A1.White, index 1: index exceeds module count as defined in cfg.
[ERR 16:09:12.366] ...no FARBasicDragModel module found on part definition. Skipping...

[WRN 16:09:12.372] [Part]: PartModule FARBasicDragModel at B9.Utility.Light.A1.White, index 1: index exceeds module count as defined in cfg.
[ERR 16:09:12.374] ...no FARBasicDragModel module found on part definition. Skipping...

[WRN 16:09:12.413] [Part]: PartModule FARCargoBayModule at B9.Cockpit.S2.BodyLarge.Cargo.6m, index 2: index exceeds module count as defined in cfg.
Looking for FARCargoBayModule in other indices...
[ERR 16:09:12.414] ...no FARCargoBayModule module found on part definition. Skipping...

[WRN 16:09:12.415] [Part]: PartModule FARBasicDragModel at B9.Cockpit.S2.BodyLarge.Cargo.6m, index 2: index exceeds module count as defined in cfg.
[ERR 16:09:12.417] ...no FARBasicDragModel module found on part definition. Skipping...

[WRN 16:09:12.456] [Part]: PartModule FARCargoBayModule at B9.Cockpit.S2.BodyLarge.Cargo.6m, index 2: index exceeds module count as defined in cfg.
Looking for FARCargoBayModule in other indices...
[ERR 16:09:12.458] ...no FARCargoBayModule module found on part definition. Skipping...

[WRN 16:09:12.459] [Part]: PartModule FARBasicDragModel at B9.Cockpit.S2.BodyLarge.Cargo.6m, index 2: index exceeds module count as defined in cfg.
[ERR 16:09:12.460] ...no FARBasicDragModel module found on part definition. Skipping...

[WRN 16:09:12.493] [Part]: PartModule FARBasicDragModel at B9.Cockpit.S2.BodyLarge.Back.EngineMount1, index 2: index exceeds module count as defined in cfg.
[ERR 16:09:12.495] ...no FARBasicDragModel module found on part definition. Skipping...

[WRN 16:09:12.672] [Part]: PartModule FARBasicDragModel at B9.Engine.SABRE.M, index 7: index exceeds module count as defined in cfg.
[ERR 16:09:12.674] ...no FARBasicDragModel module found on part definition. Skipping...

[WRN 16:09:12.851] [Part]: PartModule FARBasicDragModel at B9.Engine.SABRE.S, index 7: index exceeds module count as defined in cfg.
[ERR 16:09:12.853] ...no FARBasicDragModel module found on part definition. Skipping...

[WRN 16:09:13.030] [Part]: PartModule FARBasicDragModel at B9.Engine.SABRE.S, index 7: index exceeds module count as defined in cfg.
[ERR 16:09:13.032] ...no FARBasicDragModel module found on part definition. Skipping...

[WRN 16:09:13.208] [Part]: PartModule FARBasicDragModel at B9.Engine.SABRE.S, index 7: index exceeds module count as defined in cfg.
[ERR 16:09:13.210] ...no FARBasicDragModel module found on part definition. Skipping...

[WRN 16:09:13.387] [Part]: PartModule FARBasicDragModel at B9.Engine.SABRE.S, index 7: index exceeds module count as defined in cfg.
[ERR 16:09:13.388] ...no FARBasicDragModel module found on part definition. Skipping...

[WRN 16:09:13.433] [Part]: PartModule FARBasicDragModel at B9.Control.RCS.Tank.MT4, index 1: index exceeds module count as defined in cfg.
[ERR 16:09:13.435] ...no FARBasicDragModel module found on part definition. Skipping...

[WRN 16:09:13.481] [Part]: PartModule FARBasicDragModel at B9.Control.RCS.Tank.MT4, index 1: index exceeds module count as defined in cfg.
[ERR 16:09:13.483] ...no FARBasicDragModel module found on part definition. Skipping...

[WRN 16:09:13.542] [Part]: PartModule FARBasicDragModel at B9.Aero.AirBrake.Surface.Large, index 1: index exceeds module count as defined in cfg.
[ERR 16:09:13.544] ...no FARBasicDragModel module found on part definition. Skipping...

[WRN 16:09:13.613] [Part]: PartModule FARBasicDragModel at B9.Aero.AirBrake.Surface.Large, index 1: index exceeds module count as defined in cfg.
[ERR 16:09:13.615] ...no FARBasicDragModel module found on part definition. Skipping...

[WRN 16:09:13.696] [Part]: PartModule FARBasicDragModel at B9.Aero.AirBrake.Surface.Large, index 1: index exceeds module count as defined in cfg.
[ERR 16:09:13.697] ...no FARBasicDragModel module found on part definition. Skipping...

[WRN 16:09:13.767] [Part]: PartModule FARBasicDragModel at B9.Aero.AirBrake.Surface.Large, index 1: index exceeds module count as defined in cfg.
[ERR 16:09:13.769] ...no FARBasicDragModel module found on part definition. Skipping...

[WRN 16:09:13.951] [Part]: PartModule indexing mismatch at mumech.MJ2.AR202, index 3.
Node 'ModuleTripLogger' found in loaded data, but 'TrajectoriesVesselSettings' is defined in prefab.
Looking for ModuleTripLogger in other indices...
[WRN 16:09:13.955] ...ModuleTripLogger module found at index 4.
[WRN 16:09:13.957] [Part]: PartModule indexing mismatch at mumech.MJ2.AR202, index 4.
Node 'FARBasicDragModel' found in loaded data, but 'ModuleTripLogger' is defined in prefab.
[ERR 16:09:13.961] ...no FARBasicDragModel module found on part definition. Skipping...

[WRN 16:09:13.983] [Part]: PartModule FARBasicDragModel at dockingPort2, index 1: index exceeds module count as defined in cfg.
[ERR 16:09:13.986] ...no FARBasicDragModel module found on part definition. Skipping...

[WRN 16:09:14.011] [Part]: PartModule FARBasicDragModel at rtg, index 2: index exceeds module count as defined in cfg.
[ERR 16:09:14.014] ...no FARBasicDragModel module found on part definition. Skipping...

[WRN 16:09:14.039] [Part]: PartModule FARBasicDragModel at rtg, index 2: index exceeds module count as defined in cfg.
[ERR 16:09:14.042] ...no FARBasicDragModel module found on part definition. Skipping...

[WRN 16:09:14.067] [Part]: PartModule FARBasicDragModel at rtg, index 2: index exceeds module count as defined in cfg.
[ERR 16:09:14.070] ...no FARBasicDragModel module found on part definition. Skipping...

[WRN 16:09:14.094] [Part]: PartModule FARBasicDragModel at rtg, index 2: index exceeds module count as defined in cfg.
[ERR 16:09:14.098] ...no FARBasicDragModel module found on part definition. Skipping...

[WRN 16:09:14.118] [Part]: PartModule FARBasicDragModel at dockingPortLarge, index 1: index exceeds module count as defined in cfg.
[ERR 16:09:14.122] ...no FARBasicDragModel module found on part definition. Skipping...

[WRN 16:09:14.139] [Part]: PartModule FARBasicDragModel at KAS.ContainerBay1, index 2: index exceeds module count as defined in cfg.
[ERR 16:09:14.143] ...no FARBasicDragModel module found on part definition. Skipping...

[WRN 16:09:14.180] [Part]: PartModule FARBasicDragModel at KAS.Container2, index 2: index exceeds module count as defined in cfg.
[ERR 16:09:14.183] ...no FARBasicDragModel module found on part definition. Skipping...

[WRN 16:09:14.200] [Part]: PartModule FARBasicDragModel at KAS.ContainerBay1, index 2: index exceeds module count as defined in cfg.
[ERR 16:09:14.204] ...no FARBasicDragModel module found on part definition. Skipping...

[WRN 16:09:14.243] [Part]: PartModule FARBasicDragModel at KAS.Container2, index 2: index exceeds module count as defined in cfg.
[ERR 16:09:14.246] ...no FARBasicDragModel module found on part definition. Skipping...

[WRN 16:09:14.302] [Part]: PartModule FARBasicDragModel at B9.Utility.Landing.Gear.HDG2AL, index 5: index exceeds module count as defined in cfg.
[ERR 16:09:14.306] ...no FARBasicDragModel module found on part definition. Skipping...

[WRN 16:09:14.363] [Part]: PartModule FARBasicDragModel at B9.Utility.Landing.Gear.HDG2AL, index 5: index exceeds module count as defined in cfg.
[ERR 16:09:14.366] ...no FARBasicDragModel module found on part definition. Skipping...

[WRN 16:09:14.403] [Part]: PartModule FARBasicDragModel at B9.Utility.DockingPort.CDP, index 2: index exceeds module count as defined in cfg.
[ERR 16:09:14.407] ...no FARBasicDragModel module found on part definition. Skipping...

[WRN 16:09:14.425] [Part]: PartModule FARBasicDragModel at B9.Utility.InfoDrive, index 1: index exceeds module count as defined in cfg.
[ERR 16:09:14.429] ...no FARBasicDragModel module found on part definition. Skipping...

[WRN 16:09:14.479] [Part]: PartModule FARBasicDragModel at B9.Utility.Landing.Gear.HDG2A, index 5: index exceeds module count as defined in cfg.
[ERR 16:09:14.480] ...no FARBasicDragModel module found on part definition. Skipping...

[WRN 16:09:14.505] [Part]: PartModule FARBasicDragModel at B9.Utility.Landing.Gear.HDG2A, index 5: index exceeds module count as defined in cfg.
[ERR 16:09:14.506] ...no FARBasicDragModel module found on part definition. Skipping...

[WRN 16:09:14.534] [Part]: PartModule FARBasicDragModel at B9.Control.RCS.Block.R12, index 2: index exceeds module count as defined in cfg.
[ERR 16:09:14.535] ...no FARBasicDragModel module found on part definition. Skipping...

[WRN 16:09:14.544] [Part]: PartModule FARBasicDragModel at B9.Control.RCS.Block.R12, index 2: index exceeds module count as defined in cfg.
[ERR 16:09:14.546] ...no FARBasicDragModel module found on part definition. Skipping...

[WRN 16:09:14.572] [Part]: PartModule FARBasicDragModel at B9.Control.RCS.Block.R12, index 2: index exceeds module count as defined in cfg.
[ERR 16:09:14.574] ...no FARBasicDragModel module found on part definition. Skipping...

[WRN 16:09:14.583] [Part]: PartModule FARBasicDragModel at B9.Control.RCS.Block.R12, index 2: index exceeds module count as defined in cfg.
[ERR 16:09:14.585] ...no FARBasicDragModel module found on part definition. Skipping...

Looks like there aren't (good) FAR configs for several B9 parts...

It happened after I loaded a ship.

I'm not sure if this is a problem but when roaming through my ksp.log I saw a bunch of [WRN]s and [ERR]s and decided to post it:

Looks like there aren't (good) FAR configs for several B9 parts...

It happened after I loaded a ship.

That's because many B9 parts have the option of toggling variants through FSSwitcher, it's basically one part with two or more models inside, I'm not sure if it causes problems or not, shouldn't to my thinking because only one model is active at a time but I don't know for certain.

A little help here would be hot ;)

I'm trying to do what I thought would be simple, launch multiple sattelites in orbit using cargo bays. I build a sweet ship with three B9 cargo bays and my relay satellites. I launch into KEO and open one of the bays. Well, it just sits there. I was expecting that it would begin to drift into space, become it's own craft and I would switch to it. Nope, it just is stuck in there. What am I doing wrong?'

Thanks billions and billions

Well, it just sits there. I was expecting that it would begin to drift into space, become it's own craft and I would switch to it. Nope, it just is stuck in there. What am I doing wrong?'

Not including a way to separate your payload - put stack separators, decouplers or docking ports on the inside of the cargo bay and attach your payload to them, not directly to the fuselage.

A little help here would be hot ;)

I'm trying to do what I thought would be simple, launch multiple sattelites in orbit using cargo bays. I build a sweet ship with three B9 cargo bays and my relay satellites. I launch into KEO and open one of the bays. Well, it just sits there. I was expecting that it would begin to drift into space, become it's own craft and I would switch to it. Nope, it just is stuck in there. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks billions and billions

How are your satellites attached to your ship? With docking ports? If that's the case, then you'll need to right-click the ports and decouple them. You can also assign an action group or three to release them sequentially.

If you used inline decouplers, you'll either be left with extra debris floating about, or they'll eject into one of the cargo bay walls. :D

If you stuck them directly to an attach node or surface mounted them, then yes, they will be a permanent part of your ship.

Anyway, the long and short of it is: use docking ports. :cool:

Thanks, I was trying to avoid using a docking port because my satellites are pretty small. I'll try some sort of decoupler. Thanks for everyones quick reply

By the way, when you release your first satellite from the cargo bay, you'll need a bit of RSC downward thrust to move your ship away. From your point of view, the satellite will float away. A big smile will cross your face, and you'll hear an angelic choir from the Heavens, as you witness one of the most serene moments in KSP! :D

I usually put some RCS on my plane, use the "translate down" button I/K to move your plane away from the payload. Can also use a kerbal to bump it out, or timewarp but that's technically cheating.

Can obviously reverse it as well, put the RCS on the payload, need a lot less of it then.

Edited by K3|Chris

Does anyone know which parts in the folder are rocket ones and the other plane parts? I really want to reduce lag... Loading the game takes like 10+ minutes.

By "rocket" you mean the jumbo sized HX parts? Those are in GameData\B9_Aerospace\Parts\Structure_HX, delete that folder if you don't want the HX parts.

• Q: I don't like all this sci-fi garbage, release it separate from aerospace parts

Nuh-uh, just delete them yourself. HX fuselage parts in particular are located in the Parts/Structure_HX folder. Takes just a few seconds to remove.

Why not just include it in an Extra folder in the mod? And if people want it, they'll add it. "Takes just a few seconds to"..add, as you say :cool:

I usually put some RCS on my plane, use the "translate down" button I/K to move your plane away from the payload. Can also use a kerbal to bump it out, or timewarp but that's technically cheating.

Can obviously reverse it as well, put the RCS on the payload, need a lot less of it then.

Well I successfully dispatched my payload once I connected with a stack separator. There was enough momentum produced from the separation that I didn't need to use RCS, it just bounced against the other side of the cargo bay floated out.I switched to it using the [ key, activated the engine and put it into a 4.5 hour resonant orbit. Now I have my communications relay and am ready to launch more probes! Thanks everyone.