[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

Mainsail. It kills all other sounds as well and even when i decouple it the problems continue.

That's odd, I haven't touched the mainsails sound or FX configuration, aside from the exhaust offset, so your problem is likely being caused by something else.

Bug Report: The Oscar series of fuel tanks all contain 18/22 fuel regardless of size and the repurposed mono radials that are supposed to have LFO report tanks full on the rightclick menu but not inflight or through mechjeb. testing with engines confirms no fuel present. Is this known? BTW, love this mod otherwise. Thank you for it.

EDIT: nevermind. stockfuelpatch. my bad...

I have just realised that there is an incompatibility with Porkjet's Stock Fuel Switch Patch - http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/121321-Stock-Fuel-Switch

When using the above patch both the Oscar-D and Oscar-E, 0.625 fuel tanks revert to the 18 Liquid Fuel and 22 Oxidiser resource amounts that the stock Oscar-B tank has. I am pretty sure that the patch is applied to the Oscar-B values for all 3 tanks due to the .cfg for the D & E tanks pulling from the B .cfg. Using the above patch isn't very desirable anyway as its a bit of a dirty blanket fix for parts that having had been given Interstellar Fuel Switch compatibility. Therefore, for the next release, would the tanks be able to have the Interstellar Fuel Switch plugin added to them so that we can choose what kind of fuel we would like to have in the tanks? Now with the Nuclear rocket-motors running on only Liquid Fuel it would be preferable to do so as to not waste tank space but emptying Oxidiser but instead utilising all the space with Liquid Fuel etc.

Interstellar Fuel Switch - http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/117932

Yeah I found the same thing a while back.

To get around this I currently have also installed MI's Modular Fuel Tank Expansion but despite being a very good mod in its own right, it bloats the footprint of the parts catalog somewhat.

Not sure if this was already mentioned, but the KS-25 "Badger" engine has a heatproduction value twice that of a mainsail - continued usage will lead to it exploding even with four of the smaller radiators attached directly to the engine.

Edit: Looking at some other configs it does not seem to be the heatproduction value after all. In any case, the engine always overheats and does not seem to radiate heat off - not sure why atm.

Edit 2: The config for the RS-25 lacks some of the values regarding heating added recently, that causes the issue.

Edited by Tellion

EDIT: I know its dev build, but just in case you don´t know: Bug Report - MK1 Inline cockpit behaves really, really funky when attached to an airplane, especially small ones (flips plane around on its back). Also SAS cannot be engaged, as system says: No pilot onboard" when there is actually one in MK1 inline cockpit.

I am also getting this bug with the mk1 inline cockpit in the latest dev build. It took me a while to figure out exactly what it was that was causing the issue, but the mk1 inline cockpit is definitely borked, and any ship that has it attached is completely unusable, if it doesn't just vibrate the whole ship apart.

I don't know if this has been reported yet but there is something really wrong with the mk1 inline cockpit. I get nan exemptions in the debug menu. After take off it seemingly explodes, but if you switch to cockpit view the aircraft is fine. Then when you leave the cockpit view you can't focus on the plane no matter how much you zoom in. Definitely some sort of kraken at work. Sometimes on the runway after loading the craft seemingly bounces, floats, and then flips over. The engines don't work and all the while the speed indicator reads 174.6 kph. I test all of the other cockpits and capsules I use with no issue. I narrowed it down the mk1 inline cockpit. I also dont have this issue with stock ksp without the revamp. So its defintely something with this. I am running ksp on a mac, my log is linked below along with a picture of all the mods I am running. Also fyi I am using the github master for 1.0.4.

Log:https://www.dropbox.com/s/j9pm1i59c04ycoi/Player.log?dl=0

clpta9Z.png

I don't know if this has been reported yet but there is something really wrong with the mk1 inline cockpit. I get nan exemptions in the debug menu. After take off it seemingly explodes, but if you switch to cockpit view the aircraft is fine. Then when you leave the cockpit view you can't focus on the plane no matter how much you zoom in. Definitely some sort of kraken at work. Sometimes on the runway after loading the craft seemingly bounces, floats, and then flips over. The engines don't work and all the while the speed indicator reads 174.6 kph. I test all of the other cockpits and capsules I use with no issue. I narrowed it down the mk1 inline cockpit. I also dont have this issue with stock ksp without the revamp. So its defintely something with this. I am running ksp on a mac, my log is linked below along with a picture of all the mods I am running. Also fyi I am using the github master for 1.0.4.

http://i.imgur.com/clpta9Z.png

It seems that Squad changed the name of the flag in 1.0.4, seemingly causing those issues. I've updated the repo, and the mk1 inline is working just fine.

also added things like launch clamps and a whole bunch of texture and model updates.

There's still issues, but the game runs and everything seems to work alright on my end.

Got a small bug to report, the structural pylon attaches on the appropriate side(I think) however, the opposite side of the part of the pylon that should decouple, stays floating in place in mid-air and the part that was supposed to stay latched onto the parent part is instead sent clipping right through it upon decoupling.

No other issues I can tell so far with your most recent repo, Ven. The Mk1 cockpit is gorgeous BTW. :)

It seems that Squad changed the name of the flag in 1.0.4, seemingly causing those issues. I've updated the repo, and the mk1 inline is working just fine.

also added things like launch clamps and a whole bunch of texture and model updates.

There's still issues, but the game runs and everything seems to work alright on my end.

I can't believe that something like a missing flag could cause a glitch like that!! Amazing! Great job man!

Actually after some testing there are still some real problems with the MK1 inline. Still get the same errors and same krakenesquie problems. Im still using the same mods I posted earlier.

http://i.imgur.com/gpa8Lnm.png

have you tried with out ScienceAlert installed ? started spamming a error right after it.

have you tried with out ScienceAlert installed ? started spamming a error right after it.

I can try it but nothing goes wrong at all with the game until I use the mk1 inline cockpit. All hell breaks loose after I try and use mk1 inline cockpit. Honestly I have been using the latest test build since it was released a few weeks ago and yesterday. Honestly I didn't know it was a problem until for the first time yesterday I decided to use the mk1 inline cockpit. I used every capsule last night with no problem at all. I feel it is narrowed down to that cockpit. Last night when I checked my log KAS was throwing all the errors. I think it just affects different mods in different ways at different times. This particular time it was science alert because I was in my career. Last night the KAS errors were in my sandbox.

I can try it but nothing goes wrong at all with the game until I use the mk1 inline cockpit. All hell breaks loose after I try and use mk1 inline cockpit. Honestly I have been using the latest test build since it was released a few weeks ago and yesterday. Honestly I didn't know it was a problem until for the first time yesterday I decided to use the mk1 inline cockpit. I used every capsule last night with no problem at all. I feel it is narrowed down to that cockpit. Last night when I checked my log KAS was throwing all the errors. I think it just affects different mods in different ways at different times. This particular time it was science alert because I was in my career. Last night the KAS errors were in my sandbox.

Looks like you just got a alert

ScienceAlert, Experiment evaReport@KerbinSrfLandedRunway just became available! Total potential science onboard currently: 0 (Cap is 2.4, threshold is Unresearched, current sci is 0, expected next report value: 2.4)

(Filename: /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/MacStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

[PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Sabre

(Filename: /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/MacStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Flight State Captured

Saving Achievements Tree...

Input is null

Active Vessel is moving (sqrVel = 30469.1507469006). Cannot save.

[Sabre]: ground contact! - error: 0.009m

Unpacking Sabre

nearestTT is NaN! t1: 0, t2: 0, FEVp: NaN, SEVp: NaN

problem!
[NaN, NaN, NaN] - [NaN, NaN, NaN] - NaN - [NaN, NaN, NaN] - 0

and then you crashed ? or do you have a mod for Achievements ?

Looks like you just got a alert
ScienceAlert, Experiment evaReport@KerbinSrfLandedRunway just became available! Total potential science onboard currently: 0 (Cap is 2.4, threshold is Unresearched, current sci is 0, expected next report value: 2.4)

[PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Sabre

Flight State Captured

Input is null

Active Vessel is moving (sqrVel = 30469.1507469006). Cannot save.

[Sabre]: ground contact! - error: 0.009m

Unpacking Sabre

nearestTT is NaN! t1: 0, t2: 0, FEVp: NaN, SEVp: NaN

problem!
[NaN, NaN, NaN] - [NaN, NaN, NaN] - NaN - [NaN, NaN, NaN] - 0

and then you crashed ? or do you have a mod for Achievements ?

No I dont have a mod for achievements. I force quit the game right when the problem started. I suppose it just coincided with the science alert? Like I said although the log might be indicating an issue with science alert last night it was KAS. The issues simply don't exist with other cockpits and capsules. It's the ml1 inline causeing the issues.

Really liking this mod, your parts look much better than the stock ones.

One thing bothers me though, and it's the double stack nodes on certain engines (like the LV-1 and 48-7S).. It's a clever solution to getting the engines to look good on oversized tanks. However with the VAB editor being the finicky beast that it is, it's often a real pain in the ass to get it to attach to the node you want.

Wouldn't it be possible to make the selection of engine style a tweakable instead of having two stack nodes?

Actually after some testing there are still some real problems with the MK1 inline. Still get the same errors and same krakenesquie problems. Im still using the same mods I posted earlier.

http://i.imgur.com/gpa8Lnm.png

hmm... It seems that the light module on the pod was messing with the original one, causing this problem. I've just posted an update that should fix the problem among other things.

Loving this mod. But I am missing the stock Modular Girders, simply because I got another mod that expands on those with more parts. Would there be any way to revert just those two (Modular Girder Segment and Modular Girder Adapter) to the stock versions? Or even a way to get both the stock and your revamped ones in there?

Where is the update... i can't seem to find it. My inline is summoning the kraken and spawning an infinite amoutn of jeb's when i eva. Jebception!!!!

It's in the Github repo, available Here.

Loving this mod. But I am missing the stock Modular Girders, simply because I got another mod that expands on those with more parts. Would there be any way to revert just those two (Modular Girder Segment and Modular Girder Adapter) to the stock versions? Or even a way to get both the stock and your revamped ones in there?

You'd need to either duplicate the part by modifing the structural.cfg and adding/ overwriting the girter entry with something like this:

+PART[PartNameHere]{// '+' creates a new part
@name = NewPartNameHere // this renames the part, preventing your new part from conflicting with the old one
}

or by simply using // before @PART to remove the modification entirely.

So it seems like you've replaced the Squad folder...(which is fine for me)

It looks to me that it should support TweakScale and other mods with a bunch of MM Patches on the stock parts. Is that right?

If you mean that I'm basically done with all of the stock parts, then yes. But for the sake of compatibility, the squad folder is kept.

there's mostly no need for any patching of the stock parts, because all I do is tell the config files to look somewhere else for the model. so any mod that adds to the stock parts shouldn't be a problem, unless they change or overwrite my changes.

Thanks for the link, could you please update the main downloads to this? I only recently discovered the github repo. Please.

i say this for the sake of others who may discover this wonderful mod, but not realise to also update with the github repo as well.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.