[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

Oh my! I have exactly the same issue and only found one other post about it in the mod support forum which was never resolved. I run linux 64bit and so many mods that really hate those debugging sessions by now - I cannot thank you enough for posting this here!

Edit: Curiously enough, removing DockingPorts.cfg does not remove all of the error messages (tested with preexisting craft), it does however make them less frequent - and they do not crash my game anymore, which is great.

The same problem im having.

I finally found out this was the cause of my issues in the editor! Any news as to an actually fix? I removed the file, but now docking port are back to stock. Hope this is fixed ASAP. Seems like a pretty serious issue.

I finally found out this was the cause of my issues in the editor! Any news as to an actually fix? I removed the file, but now docking port are back to stock. Hope this is fixed ASAP. Seems like a pretty serious issue.

It is up to Ven, but keep in mind that docking ports seem to be much more fragile then rest of the parts in KSP - IR, KOS and some other mods have issues with docking ports, so I am living with (utterly ugly) stock docking ports for now just to avoid unnecessary bugs.\

Also I found out (hard way) that Ven's mod docking port issue has much more severe consequences in my Linux install on my laptop (instant crash), than in my windows install on gaming machine (just severe lag and crash if you ignore it for too long).

Edited by Ziw

It is up to Ven, but keep in mind that docking ports seem to be much more fragile then rest of the parts in KSP - IR, KOS and some other mods have issues with docking ports, so I am living with (utterly ugly) stock docking ports for now just to avoid unnecessary bugs.\

Also I found out (hard way) that Ven's mod docking port issue has much more severe consequences in my Linux install on my laptop (instant crash), than in my windows install on gaming machine (just severe lag and crash if you ignore it for too long).

Yeah, it is really really bad on linux ._.

No pretty docking ports for now.

Yeah, it is really really bad on linux ._.

No pretty docking ports for now.

Really? I'm runing linux-64 (ubuntu) and haven't had any issue with the docking ports. For me it was the Mk1 pod. Anytime I attached something to it in the editor I got a crash to desktop. But I removed the Mk1 pod changes, reverting to the stock skin, and all has been well since.

I'm getting a bug when I try to use science parts. I put the modified science parts on my vessel and when I try to launch, there is some kind of bug thaqt results in a NaN error. (all my MechJeb interfaces read NaN for everything). I removed the revamp configs for the broken parts and unpruned the originals and it seems fixed.

heres a log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ioyofgo1x2bkgv/output_log.txt

I am getting the bug where the situation when landed kepps changing from landed to flying. Makin it impossible to click the recover vessel. When a command pod is on the ground (without landing gear),the arrow flickers. When went back to the space center The kerbal(s) dies and the craft is destroyed.

ifit sounds like a collision issue...

I'm getting a bug when I try to use science parts. I put the modified science parts on my vessel and when I try to launch, there is some kind of bug thaqt results in a NaN error. (all my MechJeb interfaces read NaN for everything). I removed the revamp configs for the broken parts and unpruned the originals and it seems fixed.

heres a log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ioyofgo1x2bkgv/output_log.txt

Are you using Texture Replacer? If so you probably need to rename the TR patch from .cfg to .txt or .bak, or comment out the parts you are having problems with.

Really? I'm runing linux-64 (ubuntu) and haven't had any issue with the docking ports. For me it was the Mk1 pod. Anytime I attached something to it in the editor I got a crash to desktop. But I removed the Mk1 pod changes, reverting to the stock skin, and all has been well since.

It only happens in rare cases when you attach a subassembly to docking port and also may be a product of interaction with other mods, so if you are lucky you can continue to use pretty docking ports

Apologies for bringing this up only after 15 pages of posts since:

We don't know what NTRs look like in the vacuum of space, but we do know what they look like in the atmosphere.

I would like to point out that this is because the exhausted hydrogen is burning, not because of being used as NTR working gas. It is torched by an external source of fire. A longer version of the video explains that this is done to prevent an explosion hazard.

We don't know what hot H2 looks like? I think we do. Anyone taking physics/astronomy/chemistry at university has probably seen it in person. I've got pics.

An NTR simply heats up the hydrogen and throws it into space where it cools. So it leaves the nozzle with the temp of the reactor and cools as it moves away. Pure hydrogen is basically a blackbody. So if an NTR temp is between 2000 and 3000 kelvin, then the exhaust will start out yellow-to-orange, cooling towards red.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:PlanckianLocus.png

Now if you get the reactor really really hot, into plasma territory (think magnetic containment stuff) then you get hydrogen plasma which is purple-pinkish.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Hydrogen_discharge_tube.jpg

Edited by Sandworm

These look really good, was there ever a release?

Sorry for the late response to everyone interested, but I couldn't play (and work on this) for some time. This is what I have for now. Install hotrockets first and then this. Remember that on macs there can be some weirdness in overwriting files, so watch out. I'll probably restart working on this in a few days.

There's too many bug reports and not enough people saying how awesome the parts look! That is all.

I suppose no one here diminishes the greatness of this mod. I personally really like the looks of the parts - they are totally awesome!

However, bugs make people suspicious and cautious. I seriously doubt that there's a person who'd like his long prepared mission screwed because of some failure with a part :)

A minor report from me:

I've used a large docking port (do not remember the exact name) and when I tried IVA docking - the monitor shows the port texture. Seems that model overlaps the camera node or smth.

Just wanted to comment, if you're getting:

[LOG 16:11:11.996] Look rotation viewing vector is zero

[LOG 16:11:11.999] Look rotation viewing vector is zero

[LOG 16:11:12.094] Look rotation viewing vector is zero

[LOG 16:11:12.094] Look rotation viewing vector is zero

[LOG 16:11:12.134] Look rotation viewing vector is zero

[LOG 16:11:12.134] Look rotation viewing vector is zero

[LOG 16:11:12.139] Look rotation viewing vector is zero

[LOG 16:11:12.201] Look rotation viewing vector is zero

[LOG 16:11:12.202] Look rotation viewing vector is zero

[LOG 16:11:12.202] Look rotation viewing vector is zero

[LOG 16:11:12.205] Look rotation viewing vector is zero

[LOG 16:11:12.205] Look rotation viewing vector is zero

[LOG 16:11:12.206] Look rotation viewing vector is zero

[LOG 16:11:12.298] Look rotation viewing vector is zero

[LOG 16:11:12.298] Look rotation viewing vector is zero

First off, all of your Vessels in your save are probably corrupt now! So go grab your quicksave.sfs in /ksp/saves, make a copy, delete persistent.sfs and rename your original quicksave.sfs to persistent.sfs. Alternately if you're like me and don't have a quicksave.sfs, you'll have to figure out how to delete all of your vessels from persistent.sfs.

Then go into /ksp/GameData/VenStockRevamp/ and delete PartRevamp_TextureReplacer.cfg (or just change the file type to .bak or something).

I'm not sure why this is happening but it was a really awful experience for me, ended up losing all of my crafts and spending a couple days trying to resolve. Hope this helps someone.

@troyfawkes I'm sorry you had that experience. I'm not sure if it's representative of other people's though. I've experienced the crash multiple times due to the reflective parts and I've never had a vessel corrupted. I just quit the game and commented out the part giving me heartburn. From the forums, I know other people had a similar experience. While shaw works on a fix for TR, the current solution is to rename the TR reflection patch like you did or comment out the problematic parts in the TR MM patch. In my experience those were the gigantor solar panels and the MK1-2 pod.

Now, I'm not sure how deleting all your vessels is a solution. Why bother keeping the save if all your vessels in flight are removed? Why not start over fresh? Now if you are talking about your crafts, you can just delete them from the ships folder in the save. But, I think it is unlikely that the TR patch corrupted any crafts in your ships folder because neither TR nor KSP work that way. If you are having problems with crafts you probably deleted parts that were in those crafts. That's a no go and will always cause problems if you try and load a craft that is missing parts.

Now, I'm not sure how deleting all your vessels is a solution. Why bother keeping the save if all your vessels in flight are removed? Why not start over fresh?

At least you keep your score, science unlocks and kerbals :) Basically all of my active vessels had NaN everything, so if you switched to them they'd... behave erratically, let's say.

Regardless this is an awesome mod and I expect bugs as part of the process of getting these awesome contributions together, just figured I'd save someone the hassle if they were having the same issues I was having :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.