The 0.25 Waiting Room, now boarding passengers heading to Hypetown

Rowsdower

What Hype Vehicle Would You Rather Ride In?  

735 members have voted

1. 1. What Hype Vehicle Would You Rather Ride In?

• Shuttle
    • Plane
    • Train
    • Other

They said professional players wont see it,Must be very noobish feature.

Maybe something that gets activated when the player forgets to add an engine .... or when he has all things in a single stage :D

Oh please sir!! :( I dont want to Die in the brakeless brakevan!!! :( Crys and Begs! to be with my friend worir! :(

Edited by Guest

You guys and your hype were flooding steamdb with requests so much again that they put up a request to stop doing it last night. Please don't crash other people's websites, hahaha. In all seriousness though the release isn't here yet. You'll know it's close if you see the Media Group (people like Scott Manley, HOCgaming and Ronin Pawn) starting to publish the first videos about it, and perhaps one of those KSP-TV marathons..? Until then: hype responsibly!

Since this is the .25 waiting room, I might as well put this here.

I think I may have figured out the secret feature! Ready for this? *Drumroll*... Shockwaves! ...As in, shockwaves from explosions. And objects flying away from said explosion.

What, nothing? Ok, let me explain.

Besides from looking cool, explosions in KSP don't really do much. Sure, you could strap a kerbal to a booster, aim it at the ground, fire away and he goes flying as the booster explodes, but that's technically a glitch explosion. If you were to put a kerbal even just a few feet away from the same explosion, nothing really happens. The kerbal is still there. Well, if you didn't hit him that is.

Anyways, let's check the criteria:

Something new players will encounter: Check

Experienced players will hardly see it: Check

Never been done by a mod: Check (as far as I know, please correct me if I'm wrong)

Entertaining to the devs: Check

Of course, this is all just speculation. But it sounds about right, doesn't it?

How would an addition next to the SPH make shockwaves happen more often? That's what Maxmaps said it was for. Also, better explosions are a known addition to 0.25, so their having shockwaves wouldn't be a surprise.

How would an addition next to the SPH make shockwaves happen more often? That's what Maxmaps said it was for. Also, better explosions are a known addition to 0.25, so their having shockwaves wouldn't be a surprise.

Really? The addition next to the SPH is part of it? Not to say maxmaps is wrong, but how could experienced players not see that in any way? Also, they said that explosions are getting a visual upgrade, as in better graphics and what not. They said nothing about them having physical shockwaves.