We need 6,700 more supporters to help make this LEGO KSP set a reality!

TheNerdyOne_

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/49675

E1OYHhZ.png

http://imgur.com/a/OyMmR

LEGO Ideas is essentially LEGO's version of Kickstarter, where fans can submit ideas for products. After an idea gets 10,000 people to back, or support, it LEGO will consider the idea for actual production. Thanks largely to reddit, this Kerbal X project has nearly achieved 1,000 supports, but we're going to need 10,000 more to get this to the review stage, where LEGO will consider it for a real set. Of course, Squad would have to agree to this and would get compensation like any other company that has a LEGO set made based on their IP.

I've been involved with an Ideas product before, and being familiar with the process I personally think that KSP would indeed pass the review and become an actual set if we can show LEGO that there's enough people that would buy it. So tell every Kerbonaut you know, and spread the word!

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/49675

Edited by TheNerdyOne_

Super awesome!!! I'm a volunteer at Seattle's BrickCon which is happening a week from Saturday. Lego's are something I enjoyed as a kid and I still find this sort of thing sweet. I really hope this set catches enough eyes. Though the main rocket is a bit part intensive ;).

Super awesome!!! I'm a volunteer at Seattle's BrickCon which is happening a week from Saturday. Lego's are something I enjoyed as a kid and I still find this sort of thing sweet. I really hope this set catches enough eyes. Though the main rocket is a bit part intensive ;).

i c wat u did thar

Anyway, wasn't there a mod the had Lego rocket parts somewhere?

There's no way this is getting 9000 upvotes from the forum, unfortunately. :(

I somehow think this it might have had a better chance about a year ago when the game debut on Steam. Even I'm noticing a bit of a slowdown in the rate of participation in the forums in general. But hey, we can always dream...

attachment.php?attachmentid=14354&d=1382829575

Thanks! The model itself is rather old, I'm working on a new one right now that doesn't use so many parts.

This again? Last time this came up on the forums we still needed 9000 votes...

Ideas projects usually grow at an exponential rate. The first 1,000 are always the toughest supports to get, any project that can reach the 1,000 mark is a ton more likely to eventually reach 10,000. Thanks to reddit the project now appears on the front page of the website, which has drawn in a number of other supporters as well!

There's no way this is getting 9000 upvotes from the forum, unfortunately. :(

We don't need to! All we need to do is continue the momentum that the post on reddit gave us, and keep the project on the home page of LEGO Ideas. The more supports we get right now, the more people will see it on the Ideas home page. I have more things planned to give supporter boosts later on. Keeping this topic active is always helpful, of course, and will allow more KSP fans to see it!

Really it needs some idea of what the Lego version is going to be like. What's the overall scale, what bricks will it use, and so on. General ideas are ten a penny I'm afraid.

Fortunately, it has just that. The main picture is of the LEGO version of the Kerbal X that I have made, the pictures on the project show everything that would be included minus the Kerbal figures (which are on the way).

Will support as soon as the LEGO site stops being inconvenient and allows me to create an ID (keeps timing out for some reason, and my internet connection is fine).

Oh, and this tag annoys me more than it should:

hxfumC7.png

Jebediah*

:P

Edited by Epthelyn

Fortunately, it has just that. The main picture is of the LEGO version of the Kerbal X that I have made, the pictures on the project show everything that would be included minus the Kerbal figures (which are on the way).
I stand corrected :blush:

*blames phone for not making picture clear earlier*

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.