KSP Skill level poll

Kallisto

What was your final score in the quiz below?  

461 members have voted

1. 1. What was your final score in the quiz below?

• 0-2
    • 2-4
    • 4-6
    • 6-8
    • 8-10

Think only thing I didn't get points for is playing with RSS. I intend to.. just seems kinda like a hassle to get it all installed and learn the different things/ fuels etc, or am i confusing RSS with realism overhaul... i think i am.. Anyways, Havn't played with either.

To add another challenge to your questionare, Probably one of the things i found most challenging and rewarding in stock moreso than successful 6man eve ascent vehicle lagfest pre sls parts, was stranding jeb into a 250x250km orbit around kerbol and rescuing him.. XD But Idk how many people have tried such a thing..

If you havn't, give it a shot ;)

Edited by Nedal

I'd recommend that you change your rating system a bit. Each poll option is currently connected to the one before it (0-2, 2-4, 4-6 etc.), and while your rules explain how it's supposed to be answered, it still looks pretty bad. It would be better to arrange them like this: 0-2, 3-5, 6-8, and so on.

Q: Have you ever achieved a stable orbit around Kerbin?(2 points) yes (2p)

Q: Have you ever landed and returned from the Mun?(4 points) yes (4p)

Q: Have you ever landed and returned from Minmus?(4 points) yes (4p)

Q: On how many objects outside the Kerbin system(which includes Kerbin, the Mun and Minmus) have you landed on(doesn't have to be a return mission)(2 points per object, or 24 if you've landed on all)

Everything expect Eeloo, (22p)

Q: Have you ever successfully docked?(10 points) Yes, (10p)

Q: Have you ever intercepted an asteroid?(16 points) Yes, (16p)

Optional question 1(if you use mods): How many of the following difficulty enhancing mods: TAC life support, Remote Tech, Deadly Reentry, FAR, RSS; have you used at the same time in a save?(4 points per mod) I tried an modded game with FAR, Deadly Reentry and Tac, but usually I use stock (0p)

Optional question 2(if you don't use mods): Do you rarely(in less than half of your career saves) use reverts/reloads? If only your revertless/reloadless worlds were counted, would the amount of 'yes' answers to the above questions be roughly the same?(+0.25 points for every 'yes' answer to the above questions that would remain the same, not including optional question 1) I used to use reloads and reverts, but I think I have achieved orbit , returned from mun and minmus and docked at orbit in my new no reloads/reverts save (1p)

Q: On which of the following objects outside the Kerbin system have you done successful return missions: Duna(2.5 points), Ike(2.5 points), Dres(5 points), Moho(5 points), Gilly(5 points), Laythe(10 points), Vall(10 points), Bop(10 points), Pol(10 points), Tylo(15 points), Eeloo(15 points), Eve(30 points)

Only places I have not returned from are Eeloo and Tylo (90p) (why is Moho only 5p? It is much harder than gilly or bop/pol)

(149p/20 = 7.45p)

Edited by Joonatan1998

Score of ~4.6

Q: Have you ever achieved a stable orbit around Kerbin?(2 points)

Yup

Q: Have you ever landed and returned from the Mun?(4 points)

Yup

Q: Have you ever landed and returned from Minmus?(4 points)

Yup

Q: On how many objects outside the Kerbin system(which includes Kerbin, the Mun and Minmus) have you landed on(doesn't have to be a return mission)(2 points per object, or 24 if you've landed on all)

Eve, Duna, Ike, Dres, Laythe, Eeloo, so 6

Q: Have you ever successfully docked?(10 points)

Yup

Q: Have you ever intercepted an asteroid?(16 points)

Yup

Optional question 1(if you use mods): How many of the following difficulty enhancing mods: TAC life support, Remote Tech, Deadly Reentry, FAR, RSS; have you used at the same time in a save?(4 points per mod)

TACLS, DRE, FAR

Optional question 2(if you don't use mods): Do you rarely(in less than half of your career saves) use reverts/reloads? If only your revertless/reloadless worlds were counted, would the amount of 'yes' answers to the above questions be roughly the same?(+0.25 points for every 'yes' answer to the above questions that would remain the same, not including optional question 1)

Depends on the save file, sometimes i restrict myself sometimes i don't. Currently not.

Q: On which of the following objects outside the Kerbin system have you done successful return missions: Duna(2.5 points), Ike(2.5 points), Dres(5 points), Moho(5 points), Gilly(5 points), Laythe(10 points), Vall(10 points), Bop(10 points), Pol(10 points), Tylo(15 points), Eeloo(15 points), Eve(30 points)

Duna, Ike, Dres, Gilly, Eeloo

Yes

Yes

Yes

None yet

Yes

No

Optional question 1(if you use mods): How many of the following difficulty enhancing mods: TAC life support, Remote Tech, Deadly Reentry, FAR, RSS; have you used at the same time in a save?(4 points per mod)

TAC LS, Remote Tech, Deadly Reentry, FAR

Optional question 2(if you don't use mods): Do you rarely(in less than half of your career saves) use reverts/reloads? If only your revertless/reloadless worlds were counted, would the amount of 'yes' answers to the above questions be roughly the same?(+0.25 points for every 'yes' answer to the above questions that would remain the same, not including optional question 1)

None

My score is 36/20 = 1,8

Yup.

Yup.

Yup.

Duna and Ike, so 2 (Did both in the same mission)

Yup, many times

Nope, that's gonna be my next mission though.

I use mods, and none of those.

I use reverts. Very, very, frequently. (no)

I have a spaceship orbiting around duna that can easily get back with more than enough delta-v, that landed on duna and ike, but it hasn't come back yet, so that doesn't count.

All told, a score of 1.2, but mainly because I tend to stick inside the kerbin system. (I don't really like going interplanetary, everything has to be just right before I even consider finally sending my ship out)

Woo I did an Eve return (all stock parts), for the express purpose of padding out my score (I noticed it didn't say anything about 'manned' so sent an octo2 to the surface and brought it back)~

Update to my original score:

200 -4 (have used all difficulty mods together in the same save EXCEPT full-scale RSS) = 196/20 = 9.8~

yup

Yup

Eve, Duna, Ike, and Dres.

Yup

Nope

Remote Tech, DRE, FAR, RSS

Duna, and Dres (Eve, Ike and Gilly as well, if you don't count landings)

That gives me 51.5/20 = 2.5-ish

I'd count myself as a reasonably skilled player though. Once you go interplanetary once, it's just a matter of adding more delta-V. It's less a matter of having more skill, more a matter of having the patience to mount a refuelling mission so you have the delta-V to get to Moho or Jool.

I also play with the ISP difficulty scaler at the moment, so I actually need a Saturn V to get to the Mun. Any longer trips need orbital assembly

Essentially, I have more fun playing around near Kerbin, building various aircraft, roleplaying Apollo, Gemini, Mir, the ISS, building bases, practising landing, than I do on long interplanetary drags, although I still fully intend to send something more than a flyby probe to Jool one of these days!

Q: Have you ever achieved a stable orbit around Kerbin? Yes

Q: Have you ever landed and returned from the Mun? Yes

Q: Have you ever landed and returned from Minmus? Yes

Q: On how many objects outside the Kerbin system(which includes Kerbin, the Mun and Minmus) have you landed on(doesn't have to be a return mission) 5 (Eve, Gilly, Duna, Ike, Laythe)

Q: Have you ever successfully docked? yes

Q: Have you ever intercepted an asteroid? yes

Optional question 1(if you use mods): How many of the following difficulty enhancing mods: TAC life support, Remote Tech, Deadly Reentry, FAR, RSS; have you used at the same time in a save? Never used any of these (will use remote tech in my next save though)

Optional question 2(if you don't use mods): Do you rarely(in less than half of your career saves) use reverts/reloads? If only your revertless/reloadless worlds were counted, would the amount of 'yes' answers to the above questions be roughly the same?(+0.25 points for every 'yes' answer to the above questions that would remain the same, not including optional question 1) (This question confuses me. Do I still answer this if I don't use the difficulty increasing mods, but DO use mods in general? o_O Anyway, I don't revert or reload, unless a bug kills my ship. )

Q: On which of the following objects outside the Kerbin system have you done successful return missions: Duna, Laythe

That would make 48.5/20 = 2,425 (even if I get any points from optional 2 that won't change much)

Q: Have you ever achieved a stable orbit around Kerbin?

Yes

Q: Have you ever landed and returned from the Mun?

Yes

Q: Have you ever landed and returned from Minmus?

Yes

Q: On how many objects outside the Kerbin system(which includes Kerbin, the Mun and Minmus) have you landed on(doesn't have to be a return mission)

6, Laythe, Dres, Ike, Duna, Gilly, Eve

Q: Have you ever successfully docked?

Yes

Q: Have you ever intercepted an asteroid?

Yes

Optional question 1(if you use mods): How many of the following difficulty enhancing mods: TAC life support, Remote Tech, Deadly Reentry, FAR, RSS; have you used at the same time in a save?

TAC and Remote Tech (I have used DRE, just not in the same save)

Q: On which of the following objects outside the Kerbin system have you done successful return missions

Duna, Ike, and Gilly

Total 2-4

Wow, really? Huh. I have had multiple trips around the Kerbol system planned, I just haven't had the time to do them. I'm confident I can though.

Yes all, 10 p.

What is accepted to landing on Jool and Kerbol? Vessel explodes as it touches Jool or Kerbol at very slow speed. I have made such a landing to Jool and hit Kerbol's crashig surface at high speed. But in any case, I have landed to more than 12 bodies and get maximum points 24 p (total 34).

Yes both, 26 p (total 50 p).

I use regularily TAC life support and Deadly Re-entry. I tested also FAR, but uninstalled that because I did not want to assemble huge things on orbit. 8p (tot 58).

I use reloading and reverts. I do not want such a game that every minor oblivion costs hours of work. Especially because I have typically much of disturbances from family members which increases probability of forgetting things. This is game and entertainment. But If I lose something because I make an mistake (for example a piloting error) then I accept situation. 0p.

All of mentioned. 120 p (total 178).

What is accepted to landing on Jool and Kerbol? Vessel explodes as it touches Jool or Kerbol at very slow speed. I have made such a landing to Jool and hit Kerbol's crashig surface at high speed. But in any case, I have landed to more than 12 bodies and get maximum points 24 p (total 34).

The question does not include Jool and the Sun. Moho, Eve, Gilly, Duna, Ike, Dres, Laythe, Tylo, Vall, Pol, Bop, and Eeloo are 12 bodies. You are not supposed to count Kerbin, Mun, Minmus, Sun, or Jool.

IMO, this might actually be too hard for the beginner. Take, for example, someone who just landed on the Mun and Minmus and orbited Kerbin. That isn't really a newbie, but on this poll they would be catastrophic.

On the other hand it gives those of us who are starting to think we're getting the hang of it a swift reality calibration... I scored 1 (Orbit, Mun, Minimus and docking)

I think the thing is, it's not really a quiz of skill. If you can land on Moho, you can pretty much land anywhere, Pol, Bop, Gilly, even Tylo shouldn't be worth extra points just because you haven't done them yet.

It would probably be more useful if there was an ascending order of difficulty for things. Say orbit Kerbin->Safely return to Kerbin->Orbit Mun->Land on Mun->Return Kerbal from Mun->...->Return from Surface of Tylo->Return from Surface of Eve. You only get points for the most "difficult" thing in each category you have done.

I reckon I currently score 1.6 (Kerbin system, docking, been to Duna and back, landed on some other bodies but not returned).

This will leap up to 4.7 once my ongoing Jool-5 mission is complete and safely returned to Kerbin.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

I've landed on all of them.

Yes, routinely now.

Yes, once just after the ARM update came out. Haven't tried ever since.

I don't use any of these difficulty-enhancing mods. I only use aesthetics-enhancing mods as well as MechJeb (no autopilots though, just a lot of info screens), Kerbal Alarm Clock (must have!) and Docking Port Alignment Indicator (I learned to dock proficiently before installing it, but it's just so cool to use).

I do quicksave like a maniac and I've quickloaded quite a few times, but I think more than half of my landings / maneuvers were done on the first try (so it's mainly paranoia). Still, i'll take zero points here to be fair. I'll have to try a non-quickload save after 0.25 goes out, and see how well I fare.

All of them, including manned return missions to Moho, Tylo and Eve.

Score : 2 + 4 + 4 + 24 + 10 + 16 + 0 + 0 + 2.5 + 2.5 + 5 + 5 + 5 +10 +10 + 10 + 10 + 15 + 15 + 30 = 180

Final Score : 180 / 20 = 9.0 :)

Edited by Meithan

My score adds up to 40. 40/20 = 2.

Geeze, for someone who's been playing since 0.8.1, I'm a disaster area . . :)

Since 2012 here and the same score... I spent a lot of time in and around Kerbin, spacestations etc mostly as well as space planes. Not many points for my first 400 hours on KSP :(

Yes

Yes

Yes

Eve, Duna, Ike, Dres, Laythe, Bop -- 6.

Yes

No

None of these, merely atmospheric looks, clouds, more parts, and Engineer(it needs to be in stock O.o)

I revert all the time...

Duna, Dres, Bop

43.5/20 = 2,175

Barely cutting into the "Not a newbie" category. thank god I started docking 3 weeks ago =)

Was about to start complaining about the score, too, then i got the "/20" part ;)

I noticed however that your difficulty level scoring seems to prefer quanity over quality, i would say if you can do EvE land/return you can do basically anything, so this maybe is more about "how far along are you on the completion-chart"?

Q: Have you ever achieved a stable orbit around Kerbin?(2 points) Yes

Q: Have you ever landed and returned from the Mun?(4 points) Yes, in version .13

Q: Have you ever landed and returned from Minmus?(4 points)Yes

Q: On how many objects outside the Kerbin system(which includes Kerbin, the Mun and Minmus) have you landed on(doesn't have to be a return mission)(2 points per object, or 24 if you've landed on all) 24

Q: Have you ever successfully docked?(10 points) Y es

Q: Have you ever intercepted an asteroid?(16 points) Yes

/20

So what's a perfect score?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.