[V5.0 RC1 released] AeroKerbin Industries Modified IVAs

MasseFlieger

any chance you can add the Heads up display as well? i mean even 60's analog cockpits had a heads up display :o

Are you thinking of a gunsight, or a true HUD with artificial horizon, targeting data, aircraft performance information, etc? Because the older aircraft DID have gunsights in some cases... but most of the late 60's designs did NOT have gunsights.

Are you thinking of a gunsight, or a true HUD with artificial horizon, targeting data, aircraft performance information, etc? Because the older aircraft DID have gunsights in some cases... but most of the late 60's designs did NOT have gunsights.

Hi Maverick,

I'm thinking of the full HUD, simply because that is whats available with the avionics pack from ASET. I dont make the prop itself if I can help it, so working within those confines the mk1-A wont have a HUD or a gunsight. maybe something for me to think about for later.

the only thing we still need is a proper ILS mod

Nav Utilities. It comes with both MFD page and analog HSI prop.

Also, MasseFlieger, while I am here, I'd like to mention that this new Mk1 IVA is awesome. There is one thing though that I think is missing: I've seen the turn coordinator somewhere in ASET avionics, would have been nice to have it below the tachometer airspeed indicator, like here:

C172-GHTB-cockpit.jpg

Edited by Konnor

Also, MasseFlieger, while I am here, I'd like to mention that this new Mk1 IVA is awesome. There is one thing though that I think is missing: I've seen the turn coordinator somewhere in ASET avionics, would have been nice to have it below the tachometer, like here:

http://ace-aviation.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/C172-GHTB-cockpit.jpg

Hi Konnor,

in the mk1 its right underneath the heading indicator, maybe too small?

• 2 weeks later...

I gotta figure out how to work this into the techtree mods I like to use...

EDIT 8/31:

This thing is amazing. Is there any way to get the older layouts from previous versions of the mod? I'm using SXT and the Kossak internals would be fantastic to have. Will the old files not work with the updated RPM?

Edited by theonegalen

• 1 month later...

MasseFlieger, I was wondering, I like the audio altitude call outs and audible warnings in your videos. So, what mod is it. I will be using your mod with or without the audio stuff. I am a big fan of ALCOR, RastorProp and, VesselViewer. Only 3 of the about 80 I use. So your mod is much appreciated. Having the audible call outs would be just mind blowing.

I like the audio altitude call outs and audible warnings in your videos. So, what mod is it.

I FOUND IT!!!!!! It's called Nagging Nadia. Unfortunately, the maker of that mod hasn't kept up with it. So, if anyone knows of a mod that does the altitude call outs and such. Please let us all know. Or if any mod makers feel inclined to make one. Please, also let us know.

this stuff is AWSOME!

will be following your stuff with much anticipation :D

also, i might be mistaken masseflieger, but havent you in the past made something like this already? i remember drooling over that stuff back then too XD

EDIT:

suggestions:

-add mechjebs functions built in to the version C cockpit (so we dont have to slap an AR case to prety spaceplanes)

-if using ven's stock revamp adding this mod removes the function to let the glass of the cockpit light up(outside of the plane) because you remove the original cockpit, and im guessing his stuff doesnt know the new cockpit names and thus cant add stuff ;), in favor of compatability, might want to add a config to your mod to fix it somehow?.

for CLS and the shrinking bug, see post below:

Edited by Thahat
additional thoughts

found the shrinkage problem, and got the nodes propper.

fix for those wanting it: (it contains the three pod config files, with minor fixes, and an easy to use drag/drop/overwrite possibility ;) )

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15950995/fixed%20config%20files.rar

i have included the connected living space patch aswell as a patch for venstockrevamp/texturereplacer users

(currently its set up to use both, notify me when there are issues, or if you know the fix for the version a cockpit reflections.)

EDIT:

for MasseFlieger: it was caused by you referencing the model twice somehow, got some pointers from a user called InsaneDruid that enabled me to fix it :D

be free to included the download/configs/whatever you want or need in your next release :D

EDIT -a lot, i lost count-

FINALLY found the last coding holdouts, fixed reflections for model B and C, technicly also for a but for reasons unknown to me, A is being a little ...spacekraken.

did manage to fix all the light-toggles for the venstockrevamp models., the patches are included in the abode download link from my dropbox.

Edited by Thahat
fixed!

Might not be exactly what I meant.

What I was aiming at was, yes, there are "virtual" ILS *gauges* for IVA flyers out there, but nothing that is, in function, close to a real-life ILS receiver which you need to tune to the proper frequency and only works in a specific range around the transmitter.

A precision approach starts miles before you estabilish final with instrument arrival procedures for a pre-defined path to the airport, using other navigation aids like VOR radials and GPS. Right now, radio navigation (or radio-based docking) isn't implemented in KSP and I have yet to find a mod that does it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.