Mk2 Lightning Cockpit for B9 Aerospace v1.3 (FAR drag fixed)

BahamutoD

Will this work for 0.24.2?

It's just a part, and it doesn't appear to depend on any .25 plugin changes, so yes. Just make sure you have the right version of B9 (5.2.4 I think). Looking at the cfg it looks like the scaling issue ultrasquid mentioned won't be an issue since there's no part scaling here anyway.

wondering if there's any plans to make this available without B9 dependency. That mod is far too large for me to install on my fritzy mac. Maybe once i switch to linux, but currently unsure of when that will be.

The only explicit B9 dependency is the IVA, which could be filled with default RPM props if someone was willing to take the time to do so. The shape and textures don't match stock though, so you'd have a hard time using it without B9 installed.

The only explicit B9 dependency is the IVA, which could be filled with default RPM props if someone was willing to take the time to do so. The shape and textures don't match stock though, so you'd have a hard time using it without B9 installed.

hrmm. thats quite unfortunate, it really is a beautiful cockpit, i love bahamuto's work. well then it will just push me to get linux working faster

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Once the folks doing B9 switch over to the SP+ Mk2 shape, I'll reshape the connection to fit that. So at that point, it will just be a matter of retexturing it (and replacing IVA props) for a stock compatible version.

Any word on this?

• 2 weeks later...
Don't know if you've noticed this, but the intake area for this thing in AJE is... huge. 18. That's maybe 10 times what you'd expect.

Besides that, this is probably my favorite cockpit, period.

That's on AJE's end, not this mod's. I'm going to submit a pull request to fix that tonight. It's an artifact of the time when AJE did calculations in imperial units, so it was square feet rather than square meters.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been working on V2, which follows the F22 design more closely since Quiznos323 has released a nice F35 cockpit.

It will have a B9 and an SPP version. Don't hold your breath since I am working on a lot of different things, but here are some teasers:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Underside has been smoothed out instead of the flat surface, canopy bars have been removed, intakes have been reshaped. The IVA will remain the same.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

love this part and i see you are working on a V2, i hate to be add more to your plate. but love everything about v1 except the fact that there is not a spp or stock mk2 adaptation, like you are planning for v2. yeah the intakes being removed would be nice, but i like the intakes as well and really beef up some of my designs

Just a note BahamutoD - bac9 is in the process of moving the B9 Mk2 parts over to the new stock cross section as well as redoing the textures to fit a bit more with stock. So there's no point in having two separate shapes anymore, and I'm not sure if the texture styles are different enough to make a difference. You can see WIP shots here.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.