The next announced mod to get into stock ksp

smart013

Not from what I'm seeing. Not so many new parts, just replaced textures for existing ones. That wouldn't impact memory that much.

You must be talking about a different game, cause the KSP has guys popping up on forum and reminding us about the memory limit when people ask for ~3 new parts to be added into a game.

You must be talking about a different game, cause the KSP has guys popping up on forum and reminding us about the memory limit when people ask for ~3 new parts to be added into a game.

Ok, what are you talking about? You replied to my comment which was a reply to a very specific mod speculation. That mod doesn't have new parts from what I can tell, they are reskinned existing parts. You remove the old skins, you add new, little if any impact.

I vote for good general purpose utilities rather than content mods (generally speaking)

For example: Kerbal Alarm Clock, An engineer-lite (so more advanced mods can still be leveraged if wanted or available), A launch window planner, maybe a KAS-lite which allows moving basic stock parts around.

That said... It would likely benefit Squad, KSP and the community if there was a just a bit more content added during each pass to keep the hard core occupied for a few months in-between updates :-) Perhaps throw in a new planet, moon or a few hard to find eggs - just a thought.

Finally, I like to think that our KSP Devs have created a mod ecosystem which is now growing code and capability at a much faster rate then the internal team. They would be foolish to not explore structured and controlled mechanisms for acquisition and incorporation of popular or complex features (be it code, art or otherwise). This will obviously not happen over night, but nothing is set in stone so I would encourage the KSP leadership to start thinking about it. The longer we play KSP, the higher likelihood we will start using mods. The more mods we use extends the latency between each release and our ability to incorporate our preferred mod packs. Being "Mod Creator Friendly" is not the same as being "Mod User Friendly". I believe there is still some balance to be achieved here and I support Squad figuring it out.

Not from what I'm seeing. Not so many new parts, just replaced textures for existing ones. That wouldn't impact memory that much.

Depends on the resolution of the textures. If he uses some super high res 2048*2048 that will be extremely costly, but I don't know what it currently is in his revamp.

Depends on the resolution of the textures. If he uses some super high res 2048*2048 that will be extremely costly, but I don't know what it currently is in his revamp.

It's unlikely Squad would make them higher than the current ones.

Sadly I feel that I will be disappointed once again. :(

Every time they think about integrating a mod I plea for a plugin and not a parts mod. Currently RemoteTech would be a great choice since development is slow due to modders with not enough time but it adds a real disadvantage to doing everything with probes (relevant only with life support, but I also don’t understand why anyone is not using something like TAC-LS).

Anyway, chances are high they add more contracts or biomes I still won’t care about. So I’ll continue to complain every now and then and mod the hell out of game until it’s to my liking. :sealed:

Real Chutes needs to happen. The stock chutes are a joke and are very dangerous to use with DRE.

Why don't you just install Real Chutes when you use DRE then?

The stock chutes are fine for the stock atmosphere without DRE.

Why don't you just install Real Chutes when you use DRE then?

The stock chutes are fine for the stock atmosphere without DRE.

Unless you're flying a plane and trying to use a drag chute when you land to slow down. Stock chutes have one purpose, stopping command pods, RealChute makes them do so much more.

8jZm3dD.png

Unless you're flying a plane and trying to use a drag chute when you land to slow down. Stock chutes have one purpose, stopping command pods, RealChute makes them do so much more.

Fair point. I barely spend any time building planes and nothing I've built has ever had a drogue chute :P

My vote is on station parts. Current "dedicated" space station parts are limited to the cupola, hitchhiker, and science lab. Implementing a space stations parts pack leads into implementing actual station functionality into the stock game.

No, no, why add one of the few mods even you will use? It needs to be something you wouldn't otherwise get to use, like the airbags.

I like the way you think. in that event, id go with FAR or some sort of aero improvement.

incidentally, both chatterer and whatever cloud mod i have are for .22, Im glad they havent been broken by any updates. updating mods is just a pain.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.