[KSP 1.8.1] SCANsat [v19.1] -- Dev version [February 20, 2020]

DMagic

Are you using the latest SCANsat version and KSP 1.0.2? The KA-100 Detection Array (and the MKS Antenna) aren't really setup properly to work with SCANsat. I need to get RoverDude to remove those Module Manager configs from his side.

That said, the problem with your Karbonite display is probably that you are scanning Kerbin; Karbonite abundance on Kerbin falls under a very narrow range and might not show up on the map. Try scanning somewhere else.

Yep, latest SCANsat and KSP versions. I see... I'll try scanning Mun and I'll edit this post with the results. If it also doesn't work, no problem, since the rest of the mod is working fine. I guess it might be just that because it always says something like "[Karbonite] (Surf) = 1.000%". Anyway, thank you for you help!

Edit: Tried scanning Minmus, it worked! That means it was what you said about the abundance of Karbonite on Kerbin being very low. Thanks.

Edited by JohnTomato

@DMagic

Thanks for the update ...

is there a CKAN for the dev release? I can't seem to find it through the CKAN GUI (only v10).

Maybe you have to live with it that you have install some experimental mods manually.

Yep, latest SCANsat and KSP versions. I see... I'll try scanning Mun and I'll edit this post with the results. If it also doesn't work, no problem, since the rest of the mod is working fine. I guess it might be just that because it always says something like "[Karbonite] (Surf) = 1.000%". Anyway, thank you for you help!

Edit: Tried scanning Minmus, it worked! That means it was what you said about the abundance of Karbonite on Kerbin being very low. Thanks.

You can adjust the cutoff levels for all resources for each planet using the Resources tab in the Color Management window. I wouldn't waste time tinkering with Karbonite on Kerbin, but it can be useful in many cases where the abundance doesn't have a very large range.

just tested the mod on the moon,and everything worked fine for me.

thank you very much for all your hard work,this mod is just a must have in ksp.:)

btw Dmagic, does this version updated and works with Outer Planets mod?

Yes, all mod planets work fine.

Small bit of feedback on the UI in v11.0rc6 -- the Pe/Ap altitudes on the Big Map are too precise. For one thing, the ".#" wraps onto the next line (on my display, at least). That, and knowing I'm at 742,402.3 meters vs. 742,402 meters doesn't make much of a difference. Maybe at altitudes below 1000km, you can switch precision? If even then?

As far as play, I haven't seen any problems yet, but I'm still populating Kerbin & its moons with survey satellites.

When I was looking at the output log about some unrelated exceptions, I noticed that I got this exception.

Program\GameData\SCANsat\Plugins\SCANmechjeb.dll (this message is harmless)
AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'SCANmechjeb': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'SCANmechjeb.SCANmechjeb' from assembly 'SCANmechjeb, Version=1.1.6.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

I'm using MJ dev build 442.

Edit: Also this one.

MechJeb moduleRegistry creation threw an exception in LoadComputerModules loading SCANmechjeb, Version=1.1.6.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MuMech.MechJebCore.LoadComputerModules () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Edited by smjjames

Is any one else having issues getting watter to show on scansat? both kerbin and the mun show watter normally on the big map. when I open the zoom map it does not show any information If i select any other resource but watter it works normally. since the lines on the mun are so stinking small I am having a hard time finding a location that has water and all other resources. I can mostly figure it from the big map but would be alot easier to zoom so i can get exact values.

btw Dmagic awesome job on this so far

Is any one else having issues getting watter to show on scansat? both kerbin and the mun show watter normally on the big map. when I open the zoom map it does not show any information If i select any other resource but watter it works normally. since the lines on the mun are so stinking small I am having a hard time finding a location that has water and all other resources. I can mostly figure it from the big map but would be alot easier to zoom so i can get exact values.

Do you have the zoom map restriction turned off in the settings window?

If not you'll need an MKS antenna on a vessel in orbit to use the zoom map with water.

When I was looking at the output log about some unrelated exceptions, I noticed that I got this exception.

This was brought up before and has been fixed; I was just compiling against the wrong version of MechJeb. That error should be harmless, it just means the SCANsatMechjeb assembly won't load so you can't do MechJeb targeting.

Small bit of feedback on the UI in v11.0rc6 -- the Pe/Ap altitudes on the Big Map are too precise. For one thing, the ".#" wraps onto the next line (on my display, at least). That, and knowing I'm at 742,402.3 meters vs. 742,402 meters doesn't make much of a difference. Maybe at altitudes below 1000km, you can switch precision? If even then?

As far as play, I haven't seen any problems yet, but I'm still populating Kerbin & its moons with survey satellites.

Fixed that, thanks, it might still wrap around at really high altitudes, but those are probably less common for SCANsat vessels. I think my eyes must just gloss over things like that.

Edited by DMagic

I have 1 of every thing scanner wise and a coms antenna to make the stock work. ka-100 / m4435 / m700 / Planetory survay / spectral analyser / btdt / sar / radar / multi spectral / surface scanning module

Turning off narrow band restriction worked. but why was only water affected I could see all other resources normally?!

I have 1 of every thing scanner wise and a coms antenna to make the stock work. ka-100 / m4435 / m700 / Planetory survay / spectral analyser / btdt / sar / radar / multi spectral / surface scanning module

Turning off narrow band restriction worked. but why was only water affected I could see all other resources normally?!

I see the problem, I'll get it fixed. It's only looking at the first ModuleResourceScanner module it finds for a part. Something like the Planetary Camera has multiple modules, so in that case it works for Minerals but nothing else. There is also a separate problem for modules that don't specify the maximum scanning altitude.

OK, my impressions from the current ScanSat ...

It seems to work fine functional wise ... but is horrible slow. Displaying the generated map (big map) does take like forever and while it does I only have 1-2fps. The zoomed map isn't really faster.

I know that this is a dev version and those things might sorted out before you release it ... but that thing is IMHO serious issue that should not occur in release since it makes it basically unplayable.

P.S.: I used a very small rocket at that moment. 8 part rocket (capsule, tank, engine, antenna, decoupler, one parachute ,and two solar pannels) I basically had put a upper stage on the pad.

Quick question. I just finished a 100% scan of kerban using the RADAR Altemetry Sensor. I went to go transmit the science it generated through a communicatron 16 and it will not work. I tested the with a orbital Camera on the same sattelite and it transmitted that science just fine. I was just wondering if i'm doing something wrong or is that not working? Happy to provide anything you might need to track down the problem.

Having some trouble with this version (11.0rc06) and not being able to recover science following a scan.

The scan completes as normal however when it comes to transmitting it back to ksc the transmitter will pop out, not transmit anything, just say Done! and retract as normal. The science stays present on the scanner.

Landing and recovering the vessel doesn't work, various antennas dont work, installing/uninstalling antenna range, nada. Cant get the science out by using a kerbal on eva and I'm fresh out of ideas.

Output.log

Mod list

Eagerly await your assistance, need to start scanning for a minmus base site and your mod is by far the best way to begin the process :D many thanks for all the grand work ya do.

Edit: Ninja'ed by the fellow above

I'm using ScanSat 11rc6 along with FASA 5.33. I used the Pioneer Probe Core and Pioneer Probe Ant from FASA, along with the SCAN RADAR Altimetry Sensor to create a small satellite which I've had in polar orbit for awhile now. I finally decided I'd go and grab the science accumlated from the scan. When I click ont he SCAN RADAR, I have the option to Analyze Data and if I click that option, the "Low Resolution Altimetry Scan of Kerbin" screen appears showing me there is 27 science waiting to be transmitted. However, when I try to transmit the data it says that no transmitter is attached to the probe. I've tested using the Prioneer Probe Core's built in Geiger Counter and I'm able to transmit the data collected by that sensor. So why can't I transmit the SCAN RADAR data?

Hi

I just want to point out, that the value of the recovering science stays at 0. So no science ist recoverd. Why is it staying at 0 ? I'm also using scienece alert but this worked before (with 0.90) and simply to suggest dont use sci. alert anymore seems a lazy fix for a problem who was not present in 0.90.

Thanks for looking into this :-)

Hope to use scansat with its full potential soon :-D

i am was also having trouble getting any science, and I use scienceAlert. however the awesome modder just released a new version today. i installed it and scanSAT integration works like a charm!

NEW VERSION: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/76793-1-0-2-ScienceAlert-1-8-7-Experiment-availability-feedback-%28May-4%29

it also helps to enable scanSAT integration: http://imgur.com/a/a9GJ7#0

Question borne of my ignorance here:

The OP changelog spoiler tag references that this is v11.6. The OP title indicates v11.0rc6. Are these the same thing? (I'm thrown by the "0rc" portion.)

Also, this is listed as a dev build. All I've ever known about what that means is that I'd be doing the developer a favor not to put much faith into it, but on the brightside a release version might be soon to come.

I see the info, I just don't know what it means. Apologies.

OK, my impressions from the current ScanSat ...

It seems to work fine functional wise ... but is horrible slow. Displaying the generated map (big map) does take like forever and while it does I only have 1-2fps. The zoomed map isn't really faster.

I know that this is a dev version and those things might sorted out before you release it ... but that thing is IMHO serious issue that should not occur in release since it makes it basically unplayable.

It's always been that way. :( Though it is highly dependent on CPU power.

There are numerous reasons why map generation is slow, and probably lots of ways to address it, but none of them are likely to be simple.

Question borne of my ignorance here:

The OP changelog spoiler tag references that this is v11.6. The OP title indicates v11.0rc6. Are these the same thing? (I'm thrown by the "0rc" portion.)

I've just never bothered to make the nomenclature consistent. They are the same thing.

i am was also having trouble getting any science, and I use scienceAlert. however the awesome modder just released a new version today. i installed it and scanSAT integration works like a charm!

Good to know. I'm guessing it had something to do with the new modes of science transmission introduced by the resource scanner and the new science lab processing function.

Hi Dmagic and everyone,

I'm having an issue with scansat 11 RC6...

I can pull up the maps and it shows resources already scanned... However when i launch a craft and try to do any of the scansat scans my game freezes up and intermitantly goes none responsive.

Is anyone else having an issue?

I do have some crash reports that were generated, but that was when i tried to forcably close ksps window... if they might help?

Thanks

Modlist as follows:

KSP: 1.0.2 (Win32) - Unity: 4.6.4f1 - OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit

USI Tools - 0.4

Ambient Light Adjustment - 1.4.2.1

Chatterer - 0.9.1.86

Community Resource Pack - 0.3.3

Editor Extensions - 2.6

Firespitter - 7.1

RasterPropMonitor - 0.19.1

Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.0.16.6

KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.5

NavHud - 1.2

RemoteTech - 1.6.3

SpaceY Lifters - 0.12.2

StageRecovery - 1.5.5

TAC Fuel Balancer - 2.5.1.7

TAC Life Support - 0.11.1.20

Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.3.1.1

Alternate Resource Panel - 2.7.1

TweakScale - 2.1

USI Exploration Pack - 0.4

Freight Transport Tech - 0.4

MKS - 0.30.1

USI Survivability Pack - 0.3

Universal Storage - 1.1.0.2

Hi Dmagic and everyone,

I'm having an issue with scansat 11 RC6...

I can pull up the maps and it shows resources already scanned... However when i launch a craft and try to do any of the scansat scans my game freezes up and intermitantly goes none responsive.

Crash reports and log files (in the KSP_Data folder) from when the problem occurred would be helpful.

I'm jumping into SCANsat for the first time for 1.0. I usually tend towards simple stock tweaks or light parts packs as far as mods go, but my realism OCD just can't handle the magic surveyor. Plus this mod looks super cool, and 1.0 integration looks great.

Couple of questions/clarifications (Sorry if these are answered somewhere in the thread; I've looked it over for twenty minutes or so now. Also I'm a SCANsat noob and might not understand everything fully yet.):

- If I disable the magic one-button surveyor scan, what exactly does that turn the surveyor into? Does it now act like a SCANsat part, and if so, does it have different functionality from other dedicated SCANsat parts?

- Does SCANsat interact at all with the stock resource overlay on the orbital map?

- As far as the Narrow Band Scanner's functionality goes, is it still useful for pinpointing high concentration areas? Is the zoom map intended to fill this roll in SCANsat? (I know by default you need a NBS to gain access to the zoom map, so I'm assuming the functionality is similar.)

Thanks!

Edit:

Eek, just now noticed the release thread. Should I be posting there?

Edited by Wheffle
readability