[KSP v1.1.3] Stock Bug Fix Modules (Release v1.1.3b.1 - 10 Jul 16)

Claw

8 hours ago, Gaiiden said:

Can't reproduce under stock only

Y32D4Hs.png

If you do find the wheels flipping, then tell us how, and list mods

2 hours ago, Claw said:

Well, I did fix the mirror so it properly works in stock (as shown a few posts above), so possibly one of the mods is conflicting with the recent change. Initially when the fixed gear was added, it was showing with the point back on one side and forward on the other.

Was this a craft that was brought forward from 1.0.5? Or was it created new in 1.1.0? Does it properly mirror if you pull the gear off and reattach?

Hmm. well that's embarrassing. It was a new craft made in 1.1, and I am using many mods, but I didn't think there were any mods that would have affected the landing gear. will have to experiment and see what I can discover. The issue did persist when I pulled them off, and re-attached, and after a game restart.

36 minutes ago, vardicd said:

Hmm. well that's embarrassing.

No worries. It might still be some sort of interaction issue. If you manage to narrow it down, that might help out. It could also be certain ways of attaching are triggering a problem.

2 hours ago, vardicd said:

Hmm. well that's embarrassing

1 hour ago, Claw said:

No worries. It might still be some sort of interaction issue. If you manage to narrow it down, that might help out. It could also be certain ways of attaching are triggering a problem.

Yup. Sorry, I didn't mean to say you didn't find anything, just wanted to let you know that you need to dig deeper

3 hours ago, Claw said:

1 hour ago, Gaiiden said:

Yup. Sorry, I didn't mean to say you didn't find anything, just wanted to let you know that you need to dig deeper

Yeah, no worry, I'll play around with it over the next couple of days and see if I can narrow it down. {I have a lot of mods to move out and test around} I'll also need to redownload and install the files for those gear, as I removed them because they overstress and explode at insanely low speeds.

15 minutes ago, brusura said:

I was hoping to find the title changed  [KSP v1.1.2] Stock Bug Fix Modules :D

I was hoping to find this mod rendered obsolete, as Squad had implemented the fixes in the core game. What a foolish thought that was.

On 5/1/2016 at 5:48 AM, brusura said:

Download 1.1.2 and avoid gears or landing legs, for the most part the game works great :)

Wheels / traction are still wildly in need of fixing. Some really basic craft wind up performing amazing ice skating spins at the end of the runway upon reaching lift-off speeds.

I also love the damage resistance the current landing gear have--- if you slam down hard enough, but on the gears, you'll just bounce up 100s of meters into the air... :wink:

Yep, sorry kerbonauts. I know I said "a week" but the fates had other 1.0.2 plans.

I still have not abandoned this, but I actually need to cut out a little given the most recent update. (And possibly new work to do...)

Cheers,
-Claw

3 hours ago, Claw said:

Yep, sorry kerbonauts. I know I said "a week" but the fates had other 1.0.2 plans.

I still have not abandoned this, but I actually need to cut out a little given the most recent update. (And possibly new work to do...)

Cheers,
-Claw

These delays are unacceptable. I demand my money back. :<

Spoiler

Joke, that's totally understandable. No point in being sorry. :wink:

18 minutes ago, Temeter said:

I demand my money back.

Your refund will be in the mail in six to ten business years. Thank you for your patronage, and we sincerely hope to serve you again in the future. :)

6 minutes ago, Claw said:

Your refund will be in the mail in six to ten business years. Thank you for your patronage, and we sincerely hope to serve you again in the future. :)

NOOOOOOOOO, never go full valve time D:

Update 1.1.2a.1:

• Deprecated several modules (that have been incorporated into stock)
  • Added GameSettingsPlus, which gives GUI access to a few settings that are not in the game's main settings menu (such as conic patch mode, auto-save interval, and more).

If you already have version 1.0.5a.4, you should be able to carry over your settings from the previous install.

Note: The editor symmetry highlight is not included in v1.1.2a.1. Please let me know if anyone is actually using it, and I will revamp it to work with KSP v1.1.2.

On 5/1/2016 at 0:42 AM, brusura said:

I was hoping to find the title changed  [KSP v1.1.2] Stock Bug Fix Modules :D

Done! (finally)

On 5/1/2016 at 1:01 AM, steve_v said:

I was hoping to find this mod rendered obsolete

Much of it has been incorporated into stock (the fixes anyway). The stock SAS still needs work...

On 5/1/2016 at 1:42 AM, genbrien said:

should I download v 1.0.5a.4 for 1.1.2 or wait for a newer version?

Sorry for the delay. I must have missed this post entirely. Release v1.0.5a.4 was/is not compatible with KSP 1.1.2. But the new v1.1.2a.1 release is out!

On 5/7/2016 at 10:43 AM, kerbalresearch said:

My life isn't complete without stock plus, just saying. ;.;

It's up!

Again, please let me know if anyone was/is using the debug symmetry highlighting in the editors. It's not included anymore (since the symmetry fixes are all incorporated into stock now). I was hoping to include another fix or two, but they aren't ready. Also, it took a bit of time because I had to pull out some in-flight GUI scaling that I had included in the previous version for 1.1.0 (which is now also stock).

Cheers,
~Claw

Claw... body lift is broken again Claw... :(
http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/138778-112-drag-increased-by-almost-20/&do=findComment&comment=2556378

Ps: Regarding that problem with the fixed "Cessna" landing gear flipping, back there at 1.0.5, it flipped depending of the orientation of the root part and the angle you placed it... I didn't used it yet in current version to see how it behave... the best way to fix that is reverting to that more symmetric model w/o the elongated wheel guard... this way it looks right both ways... :P

Woohoo! Love it! I missed the symmetrical parachute spread and the control authority sliders for control surfaces.
And I would also appreciate symmetry highlighting a lot. It helps greatly when doing complicated asparagus setups or other finnicky stuff.
Thx, for updating!

Edited by Cairol

Great job as always Claw!  Thanks for getting this out but I also have to vote as a few others above did.  It seems kind of weird with the fixes integrated but I'd also like to have the symmetry highlighting back.  It can help a lot on complicated asparagus or strutting setups.

11 hours ago, Claw said:

Update 1.1.2a.1:

• Deprecated several modules (that have been incorporated into stock)
  • Added GameSettingsPlus, which gives GUI access to a few settings that are not in the game's main settings menu (such as conic patch mode, auto-save interval, and more).

If you already have version 1.0.5a.4, you should be able to carry over your settings from the previous install.

Note: The editor symmetry highlight is not included in v1.1.2a.1. Please let me know if anyone is actually using it, and I will revamp it to work with KSP v1.1.2.

It's up!

Yay! :D

@vardicd @Claw @Gaiiden The issue where one wheel flips is caused by Tweakscale.

However I did find an issue where BOTH wheels flip if you rotate the root part too far.  This is a bit annoying when you are trying to angle a tailsitter so it has less impact on physics load.  I think that is a stock problem.

Edited by Alshain

11 hours ago, luizopiloto said:

Claw... body lift is broken again Claw... :(

Fixed!

Update 1.1.2b.1:

• Added BodyLiftFix, which fixes broken body lift in 1.1.2.

Again, you should be able to carry over settings from the previous install.

Also, thanks for all the positive feedback. :D (I'll look into updating the editor symmetry highlighting, soonTM.)

Cheers,
~Claw

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.