[KSP v1.1.3] Stock Bug Fix Modules (Release v1.1.3b.1 - 10 Jul 16)

Claw

Version 0.1.7d is out. I'm pretty excited about this one... I've rebuilt and re-released SymmetryActionFix. I was getting tired of the bandaid fixes and fixed it on a more fundamental level.

SymmetryActionFix properly handles Copying Symmetric Action groups for mirrored parts that have been removed and replaced (as it did before). However, it also prevents the Action Groups from presenting multiple entries now.

Additionally, SymmetryActionFix also fixes some editor bugs in regard to symmetry-in-symmetry (aka recursive symmetry or nested symmetry), making it a bit easier to build symmetric structures. It still needs a little work, but I'm pretty excited about this (see pics below).

Cheers,

~Claw

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Claw

I didn't have much time to play KSP at all since 0.90 is released, but it was worth to wait for all kind of fixes. Not only from Claws, but from oder mods too, but that is great job on that one. Thanks Claw, many of KSP players will be grateful for this fixes.

I ran into the ejecting kerbal problem this morning.

I was going EVA to get some science, and the Kerbal was ejected at a medium speed. I was unable to control him, had to go back to the center and then back in to the ship, then switched to the Kerbal and was able to save him.

Very annoying, since a burn was coming up in 2 minutes. Made it back with 15 seconds to spare.

I think that 1.7d is installed, I did a CKAN update just before starting the game.

Thanks for this once more
Thanks Claw, many of KSP players will be grateful for this fixes.

You are both very welcome, and thanks for the great feedback. :D

I think that 1.7d is installed, I did a CKAN update just before starting the game.

Unless someone is putting my stuff in CKAN for me (which I suppose is possible), You're probably not getting auto updates. You can check which version you are using by opening the readme.txt file in the StockBugFixModules directory and checking the top line in the Change Log.

That being said, if you experienced an ejection problem with the mod installed, I would need to see some log files. That would tell me if the module is conflicting with another mod or if it just failed to work.

Cheers,

~Claw

Claw,

I'm running 0.90 on a 64-bit Linux Mint 17.1 machine...

Installed your (latest) BugFixes, and I'm still getting the "sticky pad" problem. It does appear to involve a random combination of parts, for sure.

The work-around of using a girder and stack separator/decoupler still works, though.

Claw,

I'm running 0.90 on a 64-bit Linux Mint 17.1 machine...

Installed your (latest) BugFixes, and I'm still getting the "sticky pad" problem. It does appear to involve a random combination of parts, for sure.

The work-around of using a girder and stack separator/decoupler still works, though.

This is just a shot in the dark here, but I've seen mention of similar symptoms (sticky pad caused by only certain parts) that ended up being Kerbal Joint Replacement - and were fixed by getting an update for that.

While I haven't used your fixes, the very idea that you have spent the time to address some of these problems is commendable!

I (and MANY others) have been plagued by out-of-memory freezing on scene change and during saves. Any chance you could tackle this issue? Looking through the official bug tracker, anything having to do with memory allocation is rated "low priority" by Squad. In nearly 40 years of playing computer games, KSP is far and away my favorite, but I am thisclose to walking away due to the frequency with which the freezes occur. Switching from flight to KSC or going from the VAB to launch is like playing Russian roulette - I wince every time waiting for the BANG. Do you think if we start using the term "Kerbin Roulette" to refer to scene changes that Squad wil get the hint and put in some error handing?

Anyway, if there's anything you can do to help, I will buy you a car*

* Disclaimer: market value of car may be less than $2.00.

Thank you for this. Very helpful!

No more stresses over rovers + kerbals in command seats :)

You are very welcome. And that's my goal, to make these mods as non-intrusive as possible and get rid of some of the needless stress. :D

Wow I never even knew half of these were bugs, I just thought I misread a rockets TWR when it would not lift off a lvl 2 pad and my kerbals flying out of the EVA hatch was due to the ladder being placed too high...awesome!

Thanks! I hope you find the fixes useful!

Anyway, if there's anything you can do to help, I will buy you a car*

* Disclaimer: market value of car may be less than $2.00.

Haha, matchbox car!

I don't know if I can do anything to solve that or not. Trapping memory requests might be a bit beyond the ability of a KSP addon. Also, memory freezes and lockups may occur for many reasons. So it's hard to start working on any bug in particular without specific places to look and ways to trigger it.

I will keep this in the back of my mind. I've always wanted to try some way to reduce the run-time memory footprint of KSP, but that might also be a bit beyond the scope of my add-ons.

i.e. GameData\StockBugFixModules\*.dll. They seem to work just fine when they're in the GameData folder as individuals.

That's very strange. The only thing I can think of is if you copied the zip file itself over and didn't uncompress the .dll files.

Thanks everyone!

Cheers,

~Claw

Does the kerbal debris fix also cover the 'stuck in T pose'?

Hi smjjames, I'll leave our conversation in the other thread so I don't confuse myself. :P

Small enquiry - what's the status on AsymmetricFlameoutFix?

Well, I was unhappy with how my first version was working. Then with the release of 0.90 it sort of got forgotten about for a while. However, I have been thinking about it again lately and I have a new method in mind. Part of my problem is that I want to make these mods as unintrusive as possible. So it's been particularly difficult to modify this functionality while not actually changing the way stock works, and also not make it obvious to the player. It's possible I may build this one and release it as a separate add-on since it might not retain the "stockiness" that I strive for with these mods.

Cheers,

~Claw

Small enquiry - what's the status on AsymmetricFlameoutFix? Last update was on 23 November and it wasn't looking promising... :(

This might help you until the problem gets addressed here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/104704-0-90-Intake-Build-Aid

Edit: and may-haps this mod could give some clue as how to implement whatever fix is necessary for a 'stock-bug' fix?

Edited by vardicd

Just experienced the stuck on the launch pad bug, even with the fix installed

For this particular bug, the best feedback is a picture and/or a .craft file, plus the launchpad tier. Unfortunately the log doesn't give me the info I need on this one, although the persistence will if you've saved with the craft on the pad.

I'll try to check out your persistence tonight (hopefully stock?).

Thanks,

~Claw

For this particular bug, the best feedback is a picture and/or a .craft file, plus the launchpad tier. Unfortunately the log doesn't give me the info I need on this one, although the persistence will if you've saved with the craft on the pad.

I'll try to check out your persistence tonight (hopefully stock?).

Thanks,

~Claw

Stock, that's so cute. no. I'll reload it soon/or later not sure when i'll be able to, within 24 hours of now, for certain. and get your pictures, and a craft file, if I can figure that out. I'm running 44 mods, and I have to figure out which ones are on the craft in question, so you'll know if one of them had something to do with it. I've launched this particular craft a number of times, with no problem, and its just happened today.

Okay, just got my craft file and pictures for you: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4i71hy5e8krwieh/AADGY_k1KebjG73bNGe2w8OWa?dl=0

The only actual mods in use on this craft are, Mech jeb, Scansat, wolfaerospace perfectrons, and I'm using antenna range enforcement, to modify the antenna's and real chutes to modify the parachutes. the launch facility, not pictured was the level 2 launch platform. Those should be the only mods directly affecting this craft.

Edit: I have since been able to launch this craft, and many others without a repeat of the problem. Not sure why it snuck in there.

Edited by vardicd

Hmm. Well the key parts are the engines at the bottom. It is the collisions between the engines and the launch platform that cause the problem, and that part looks all stock. So maybe it was a random hiccup where something didn't load correctly...?

If you manage to reliably repeat it, let me know.

Cheers,

~Claw

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.