0.15 Easter eggs? (Obviously possible spoilers inside)

zombiphylax

Guest GroundHOG-2010

Question for Mu when he comes back, Will the bases be able to be selectable if they stay in the game?

I\'ve been to almost all of Mun\'s craters, I have found nothing, any more tips?

I\'d been told they were in a certain band of locations, but even checking all those from a height of 7km, i can\'t find it.

I\'d been told they were in a certain band of locations, but even checking all those from a height of 7km, i can\'t find it.

You have to be very close. Try landing then zooming out and rotating the camera around.

Can I please get some tips, I have relocated 3 of my 7 Munar satellites and rovers to look for it, and nothing. . .

Can I please get some tips, I have relocated 3 of my 7 Munar satellites and rovers to look for it, and nothing. . .

'Unusualy' shaped crater near the equator. I know that in this situation every crater starts to look unusual, but actualy there aren\'t many. You have to be very close, I have no idea how far I was, when I saw it, but I was probably within 4km. Don\'t try to spot it in orbit, use the rovers, or a landing module. The monolith is in a quite obvious place inside the crater, it\'s location is not hidden too much. It can be easily mistaken as a distant rock or as a graphical bug. Try to aim for very small black spots.

'Unusualy' shaped crater near the equator. I know that in this situation every crater starts to look unusual, but actualy there aren\'t many. You have to be very close, I have no idea how far I was, when I saw it, but I was probably within 4km. Don\'t try to spot it in orbit, use the rovers, or a landing module. The monolith is in a quite obvious place inside the crater, it\'s location is not hidden too much. It can be easily mistaken as a distant rock or as a graphical bug. Try to aim for very small black spots.

Am I maybe looking at it now? http://i.imgur.com/6AAST.png or is it on the other side? (tell me via PM so it doesn\'t spoil the location for others)

It\'s like looking for a needle in a haystack, only x10 worse.

This is embarrassing :-[

Well i figured its about time I showed my face, been lurking a long time, ( since 0.8 ) so hows this for an first post :D couldn\'t resist after learning about this I had to find it. ???

16ljuxk.png28l6ac.png

As for how I found it: my method was to send a probe up into a 250kx250k orbit and screen shot places of interest then sent a rover down to take a closer look.

On a side note anyone do else do a few backflips on the way over to the site? The mentioned 10m/s speed was a bit dull try 40-50m/s 8)

Why hello there, welcome to the forums! :D

I usually travel at 20-30m/s at 2x time compression, but my rover is quite heavy (about as heavy as yours, judging by the look of your suspension), so I can probably safely travel at speeds a bit higher than people who just glue a crew pod to the cart and call it a day.

Also, how exactly are you going to get those kerbals home without an engine, hm?

'Also, how exactly are you going to get those kerbals home without an engine, hm?'

Unfortunately that snapped off in a crash landing :o that said it is a mechjeb, and there was no real return plan other then dump an engine on the back and see if jumping off the biggest hill would do the trick.

I did use RCS to help keep the cart glued to the ground when I really picked up speed, reached about 70m/s before a near spill and slowing down a bit, but typically I drove on 1x at 45m/s

I have three Mun probes, two at 10km (on equatorial, one roughly polar) and one at around 3km (about 20 degrees inclination) and I still don\'t see anything. I\'m starting to think a probe isn\'t the best way to search for easter eggs.

I have three Mun probes, two at 10km (on equatorial, one roughly polar) and one at around 3km (about 20 degrees inclination) and I still don\'t see anything. I\'m starting to think a probe isn\'t the best way to search for easter eggs.

Yeah, I\'ve come to the same conclusion and now I\'m basically just driving around in a rover. In my experience the minimum safe orbit around the Mun is about 3.5k, and from that altitude you won\'t see anything.

Yeah, I\'ve come to the same conclusion and now I\'m basically just driving around in a rover. In my experience the minimum safe orbit around the Mun is about 3.5k, and from that altitude you won\'t see anything.

3 km is probably the absolute bare minimum, and only in certain orbits. I nearly clipped a few mountains.

The probes were good for one thing though, they helped me pick out a few landing sites that may or may not hold the monolith.

'The probes were good for one thing though, they helped me pick out a few landing sites that may or may not hold the monolith'

I did the same thing, i found that looking at the mun from orbit gave a better view/higher res then looking at it from the map. I found a high orbit more useful than a low (watched 2 orbits and found nothing of use) I’ll try redirecting a probe directly over it now I’ve found it and see if i can actually spot it from a low orbit.

Also to all those people still looking, don\'t forget to fast forward time so the other side of the mun is lit up and give that a look over, you could be looking on the wrong side.

Edit: I got within 3km from orbit of it and still couldn\'t see it. If you want to find it you\'l have to put a rover down

Edit: I got within 3km from orbit of it and still couldn\'t see it. If you want to find it you\'l have to put a rover down

Hmm, that\'s unfortunate. Well, I guess it\'s time for me to start carpet bombing the mun with rovers (hopefully without the explosions).

You can actually see it from quite high up (other KSC(s?)) . I was able to see it from 130,000 meters.

I took the liberty of removing that picture. Please don\'t spoil the fun like that. ;)

Guest GroundHOG-2010

Desert Raider I has paid off!

0wEki.jpg

I almost missed it at first, it\'s quite small:

WI69m.png

troll-troll-face-s.png

Nice find