[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

K.Yeon

1 hour ago, Mycroft said:

Well, they do have a point. The FS plugin is a bit hard to find nowadays (at least for me) so I prefer to use Interstellar Fuel Switch. Much nicer plugin, and easy to find, since it's not also a parts pack.

Yeah, but I wonder how many modders are put off using it in their mods, due to lack of solid documentation

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2016 at 8:35 AM, stali79 said:

I have the same issue but don't know how to fix it, hopefully @Stone Blue or @M_Ouellette will have an idea of how to fix it.

I'm not familiar with KSP collision modelling, but this is a common problem in many games and such. My guess initially is that it has some sort of default collision box at its center, that doesn't remotely match the actual shape. I know Unity has some basic primitive collision shapes you can use, and would likely fix the problem to some extent at least, or a proper 3d model for the same purpose could be made to fit.

If it worked before...then my guess, would be that the KSP updates changed the collision paths or soemthing for the behind the scenes files, and thus its no logner loading properly till it gets re-directed.

Again, not really sure how KSP handles it all, but that's my 2 cents as a 3D modeller.

9 hours ago, b0ss said:

Some [Mk IV to OPT] and [OPT to Space-Y] adapters would be pretty cool.

Unfortunately at this stage it isn't going to happen, that being said, once @K.Yeon returns to active development in november he will have a nice list of suggestions, including this one. :)

5 hours ago, HadrianRomulus said:

This mod looks superb! Will it be compatible with B9 Aerospace?

....yes and no.

You can have both mods in your game and vessels with parts from both parts packs with little or no problem, but the form factors are vastly different. Except for a couple of 2.5m adapters in the OPT pack, there are no parts in either pack specifically designed to be adapters for parts in both packs -- and those 2.5m adapters would require the use of the B9 S2-2.5m adapters in order to seamlessly hook up to an S2 or S3 cockpit. The B9 engines will work just fine with the OPT engine mounts, since they use the standard 1.25m and 2.5m sizes -- there are also 3.75m engine mounts in OPT, but no B9 engines that big.

There are currently no Mk3-OPT adapters, so you won't be able to build a ship with the B9 HL parts and OPT parts directly connecting to each other. (Or rather, you can, but it certainly will not look pretty, and it might not get off the launchpad/runway as well as you might like)

There's a handful of Mk2 parts in OPT, including a ram air intake and two scramjet engines. They're all standard size Mk2 and will fit with the B9 Mk2b parts (but not the B9 Mk2 parts) and any other parts in the standard Mk2 form factor. Most of the other OPT engines are in the 1.25m, 2.5m, and 3.75m sizes and will fit any equal-size engine mount.

10 minutes ago, King Something said:

....yes and no.

You can have both mods in your game and vessels with parts from both parts packs with little or no problem, but the form factors are vastly different. Except for a couple of 2.5m adapters in the OPT pack, there are no parts in either pack specifically designed to be adapters for parts in both packs -- and those 2.5m adapters would require the use of the B9 S2-2.5m adapters in order to seamlessly hook up to an S2 or S3 cockpit. The B9 engines will work just fine with the OPT engine mounts, since they use the standard 1.25m and 2.5m sizes -- there are also 3.75m engine mounts in OPT, but no B9 engines that big.

There are currently no Mk3-OPT adapters, so you won't be able to build a ship with the B9 HL parts and OPT parts directly connecting to each other. (Or rather, you can, but it certainly will not look pretty, and it might not get off the launchpad/runway as well as you might like)

There's a handful of Mk2 parts in OPT, including a ram air intake and two scramjet engines. They're all standard size Mk2 and will fit with the B9 Mk2b parts (but not the B9 Mk2 parts) and any other parts in the standard Mk2 form factor. Most of the other OPT engines are in the 1.25m, 2.5m, and 3.75m sizes and will fit any equal-size engine mount.

Okay, thanks. I was going to try to keep the parts separate because like you said, it looks like there are unique part shapes for each mod.

Can't wait until these parts are working with the latest KSP!

15 minutes ago, Brisaciers4 said:

i have some probleme with some fuel tank ( J and H if i remember) i can't choose the fuel who go in and it s empty on the ship

otherwise other tank work perfectly I LOVE THIS MOD

Which tanks specifically are you unable to fuel?

2 hours ago, Brisaciers4 said:

i have some probleme with some fuel tank ( J and H if i remember) i can't choose the fuel who go in and it s empty on the ship

2 hours ago, stali79 said:

Which tanks specifically are you unable to fuel?

All J Part (adaptater and fuel tank)

All K Tank

Edited by Brisaciers4

On 8/23/2016 at 10:35 PM, DracoSilverpath said:

I'm not familiar with KSP collision modelling, but this is a common problem in many games and such. My guess initially is that it has some sort of default collision box at its center, that doesn't remotely match the actual shape. I know Unity has some basic primitive collision shapes you can use, and would likely fix the problem to some extent at least, or a proper 3d model for the same purpose could be made to fit.

If it worked before...then my guess, would be that the KSP updates changed the collision paths or soemthing for the behind the scenes files, and thus its no logner loading properly till it gets re-directed.

Again, not really sure how KSP handles it all, but that's my 2 cents as a 3D modeller.

I don't know about KSP, but unity has a native option to use the same Mesh frame AS the collision box; problem is it takes up a metric ****ton more cpu. I don't know if KSP will allow you to do that, but for unity development that's an option. at least in mean time. also, im sure anybody using opt with any other mod will probability have x64, so cpu shouldn't be as much of an issue,

Also, i've notices that the wings don't seem to create as much lift as they logically should; considering their surface area and shape, there should be A LOT more upward force. i say this because the lifting bower of the J body and even the pylons are almost as much as some of the wings.... which..... is pretty wrong.

8 hours ago, Brisaciers4 said:

I use the firespitter give in the MOD 

24 minutes ago, Brisaciers4 said:

I use the firespitter give in the MOD 

23 minutes ago, stali79 said:

Are you able to fuel any other tanks?

So I had this problem at first when I first downloaded the mod, and it is actually a problem with firespitter/OPT compatibility. I solved the problem by downloading the Interstellar Fuel Switch mod, which can be found here: 

Now, all the tanks work fine.

Never seen cfg wrote like this odd and most the time there is a set amount of fuel on the tank this mod doesn't it just trying to add it with Firespitter only why not just a set fuel so people can use it with out Firespitter also ?