[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

K.Yeon

4 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Ummm @stali79 something I've had on my mind... The new engine... I seriously LOVE it, but if I'm honest, it seems awfully OP. I mean I put two of them on my basic fighter platform, which is rather small, and it's on KerbalX if you've a mind to look, but it literally accelerated at 8, count them, 8 gees climbing straight up! I mean 4,000+ kN of thrust seems huge for an engine of this size. I never thought I'd ask for a nerf, but to be honest, I think it needs it... 

What do you think?

If someone can suggest a better performance profile for it i will gladly nerf it. Just be thankful it isnt hitting 10k thrust PER engine like it originally was lol

EDIT: its performance is currently based on one of the mk2 profile engines

Edited by stali79

1 minute ago, stali79 said:

If someone can suggest a better performance profile for it i will gladly nerf it. Just be thankful it isnt hitting 10k thrust PER engine like it originally was lol

Oh god! I would love that, but at the same time, I could never use that for a serious play through. :D 

I'll see about a thrust profile... Maybe just a tad more thrust than the Mk2 size engine so maybe it has a slightly higher TWR? You know what I mean?

What's the difference in the vacuum TWR for that engine and the rapier? Maybe make that difference similar ish for atmospheric performance? I'll have to look that up in the morning... 

Gah! Quit merging my posts!

Frustration seems to bring out the worst in us, doesn't it? I'd like to ask everyone to please treat each other with the respect and patience you appreciate from others.

Forum rule 2.2 h forbids "behavior construed to be of a potentially rude or otherwise harassing nature to/of other users", which is a line that has arguably already been crossed in both directions. Please remember when replying to someone who has upset you that the principle goes both ways.

I'm looking forward to seeing the conversation about the renamed parts return to a friendly and more respectful one.

7 minutes ago, Deddly said:

Frustration seems to bring out the worst in us, doesn't it? I'd like to ask everyone to please treat each other with the respect and patience you appreciate from others.

Forum rule 2.2 h forbids "behavior construed to be of a potentially rude or otherwise harassing nature to/of other users", which is a line that has arguably already been crossed in both directions. Please remember when replying to someone who has upset you that the principle goes both ways.

I'm looking forward to seeing the conversation about the renamed parts return to a friendly and more respectful one.

Wait, was I rude? I didn't think I was. If I was, I am sorry. I was attempting to call out a problem. I don't want to cause any...

The situation is easily resolved. People know how to sort out the renamed parts issue. I wont mismatch naming conventions. Either ALL get the OPT_ prefix or none of them get it simple as that. 

EDIT: i will admit i got defensive when the time and effort of myself and the team  was insulted over something minor.

I apologize for my actions.

Edited by stali79

2 hours ago, stali79 said:

i will admit i got defensive when the time and effort of myself and the team  was insulted over something minor.

sometimes after a crappy match of Uncharted 4 multiplayer some douchebag will actually send me a PSN message telling me to essentially "stop playing, n00b". I find ignorance to be the best response. You're not obligated to acknowledge anyone :)

Hello astronauts,

I'm coming back to KSP because of the new update 1.2.0 ( don't play since the 1.0.5) and I'm taking a look at the mods I used in 1.0.5.

OPT is the BEST MOD i've used to create aircraft and it was the first that came to mind for download.

So my question is: What exactly is going on with this mod? is there any official link? who is behind the updates?

I would be grateful if someone could update me ^^

SpaceDock is down again, I don't know what's going on but it's been happening a lot lately. Can we have a mirror please?

1 hour ago, Verayon said:

Hello astronauts,

I'm coming back to KSP because of the new update 1.2.0 ( don't play since the 1.0.5) and I'm taking a look at the mods I used in 1.0.5.

OPT is the BEST MOD i've used to create aircraft and it was the first that came to mind for download.

So my question is: What exactly is going on with this mod? is there any official link? who is behind the updates?

I would be grateful if someone could update me ^^

stali79 is the one doing the updates, K.Yeon couldn't continue his work due to IRL stuff. The link at the top of the OP is the official download for the latest version, though it doesn't work currently.

9 hours ago, stali79 said:

Pushing a minor update, resolved the worst of the texture issues.

* Minor MM patch updates
* Texture issues mostly revolved
* Removed unneccesary textures in 2.5m folder

Uploading to spacedock now.

Not to detract from the reprimanding of poor posters...

Would you mind sharing what you found with the textures? I've not tried it yet to see how it looks, but I'm curious what you found. I'm hoping to work on a mod myself, so I'm trying to learn more about this sort of thing. And I know next to nothing about how textures work on 3d models. 

16 minutes ago, PickledTripod said:

SpaceDock is down again, I don't know what's going on but it's been happening a lot lately. Can we have a mirror please?

stali79 is the one doing the updates, K.Yeon couldn't continue his work due to IRL stuff. The link at the top of the OP is the official download for the latest version, though it doesn't work currently.

Thx @PickledTripod, would be great return to KSP with this mod in full operation, just knowing that someone continued the mod makes me happy and I give the greatest support to @stali79 o/

@Mycroft I find the slightly OPness to these necessary to fly larger ships without adding a dozen different engines. Although small, I think these really are meant for large flyers vs smaller ones. 

I don't know how to edit the files but an assumption is changing the following value (line 303) in the j81turbo.cfg 

key = 4.5 7.3 -2.831749 -2.831749

to 

key = 4.5 5.45 -2.831749 -2.831749

... should(?) shave off another 1kN of thrust. I'm playing the game right now so I don't' really want to test it right now :P 

EDIT: I looked at the rapier engine profile, if you took the rapier profile to the J81 engine then the J81 would at 4675 kN thrust @ mk 3.75 lol (sorta, I don't know how he atm curve works)

Edited by jquantum
cleanup

21 hours ago, AmpCat said:

Not to detract from the reprimanding of poor posters...

Would you mind sharing what you found with the textures? I've not tried it yet to see how it looks, but I'm curious what you found. I'm hoping to work on a mod myself, so I'm trying to learn more about this sort of thing. And I know next to nothing about how textures work on 3d models. 

The issue was in my resizing method. I used the image resizer power toy which turned out to be not such a good idea. When i resized the 4k textures in photoshop the issues was gone. The updated textures are in the 1.8.5.1 update i have spent 2 days trying to upload to spacedock. 

Please note. With the 1.8.5.1 update you do NOT need to do a clean install of the mod. A copy/replace will be fine.

EDIT: there is 1 cockpit that has a texture issue still but even when i reverted it back to its original dds texture it made no difference. Its the 2.5m ILS cockpit.

Edited by stali79

Ahh.  Good to know. I do lots of image editing, just not tried to apply any as textures to models yet. Last time I did modeling it was all procedural textures. 

I was having troubles getting Spacedock's site to even come up. I'll keep checking. 

9 hours ago, stali79 said:

The issue was in my resizing method. I used the image resizer power toy which turned out to be not such a good idea. When i resized the 4k textures in photoshop the issues was gone. The updated textures are in the 1.8.5.1 update i have spent 2 days trying to upload to spacedock. 

Please note. With the 1.8.5.1 update you do NOT need to do a clean install of the mod. A copy/replace will be fine.

EDIT: there is 1 cockpit that has a texture issue still but even when i reverted it back to its original dds texture it made no difference. Its the 2.5m ILS cockpit.

Don't see the 1.8.5.1 up yet. I presume still having troubles uploading? Or do I have the wrong link?