[1.0.5] Adjustable Landing Gear v1.2.0 (mass/cost scaling, tech nodes, drag) - May 30

BahamutoD

Updated FS but I cannot adjust the landing gear. I guess I'll have to wait until BahamutoD updates this mod.

It's working fine for me. Are any of the other firespitter modules working? If not make sure you have the latest firespitter.dll from github - the version I installed through CKAN proved to be faulty so there might be some non-functional versions out there.

It's working fine for me. Are any of the other firespitter modules working? If not make sure you have the latest firespitter.dll from github - the version I installed through CKAN proved to be faulty so there might be some non-functional versions out there.

The one I downloaded from CKAN works for me. Did you download Firespitter Core (which is the updated .dll)? Or did you download Firespitter?

All other FS modules are working but the adjustable part, also just discovered the wheels do not roll either. Not sure what is wrong. Is FireSpitter the only plugin required?

Edited by Eskandare

All other FS modules are working but the adjustable part, also just discovered the wheels do not roll either. Not sure what is wrong. Is FireSpitter the only plugin required?

Firespitter and BDAnimationModules. Do you have any of BahaMutoD's other mods? If so it's possible that BDAnimationModules got overwritten by an earlier version (this mod has the correct one).

Auto adjusting the angle doesn't seem to work correctly. In the image, all the wheels are auto adjusted for the angle. The two back wheels are fine, but if you flip the little cargo bay door, the angle adjusts in the wrong direction, as seen with the frontmost right side wheel. Also, even if centered on a part, if the wheel is placed on a front-to-back running sloped area of the part, it adjusts left or right by the angle of the slope. This is seen on the frontmost wheel, which is placed on the forward sloped area of the Mk3 spaceplane cockpit.

This is using v1.0.4 of this mod and the updated Firespitter plugin.

MpYV9HG.jpg

Auto adjusting the angle doesn't seem to work correctly. In the image, all the wheels are auto adjusted for the angle. The two back wheels are fine, but if you flip the little cargo bay door, the angle adjusts in the wrong direction, as seen with the frontmost right side wheel. Also, even if centered on a part, if the wheel is placed on a front-to-back running sloped area of the part, it adjusts left or right by the angle of the slope. This is seen on the frontmost wheel, which is placed on the forward sloped area of the Mk3 spaceplane cockpit.

http://i.imgur.com/MpYV9HG.jpg

Use flip side, then try again

Use flip side, then try again

Yeah, flip side works, but I just figured that it would give you the right angle for either side. Front-to-back slope still gives the wrong angle though.

Just do not Alt+click for copy of existing wheels with their on setup. Pull a new instance from parts list.

They were all new instances.

Yeah, flip side works, but I just figured that it would give you the right angle for either side. Front-to-back slope still gives the wrong angle though.

Whilst I'm sure there is probably some fancy code that could auto detect what side of the craft you have placed the wheel on, then auto-align the wheel acordingly, it is much simpler (and will work in a lot more cases) to have the user pick the side themselves.

http://i.imgur.com/MpYV9HG.jpg

That explains part of the problem I've had with the 4 unit pieces because the same problem occurs as the front gear when it's placed on the Mk 2 bicoupler as it registers being placed on the slope. This seems like something wrong with firespitter maybe but if not I doubt it's an easy fix.

For anyone playing with ckan to keep their modules up-to-date I've just created the following spec file that BahamutoD may want to send to the ckan guys

Anyway, the file looks like this, save this as AdjustableLandingGear.netkan and run "netkan --verbose AdjustableLandingGear.netkan". I did have to set the license type manually as ckan doesn't support a license version and at the moment it doesn't actually install as it's listed as only supporting 0.25 on kerbalstuff

{
"spec_version" : 1,
"identifier" : "Adjustable Landing Gear",
"$kref" : "#/ckan/kerbalstuff/321",
"x_netkan_license_ok": true,
"license" : "CC-BY-SA",

"depends": [
{ "name": "Firespitter Core" }
],

"install": [
{
"file" : "GameData/BahaSP",
"install_to" : "GameData"
}
]
}

Edited by wendo

Just noticed a few people having issues with gear falling through the ground. This seems to be a problem with KSOS car wheels too...has to do with orientation. With KSOS it's pretty difficult to tell which way the wheels are facing, up down forward or back, because they don't have a large suspension attached as in the case of landing gear or the stock rover wheels. It sounds like it's the same issue, but that's about the extent of my ability to help fix the problem ;)

Is this mod listed in the CKAN gui-beta version? or just the command console version? its isn't listed in the repository for me...

They should both use the CKAN meta repository. If you're using a version of KSP other than 0.25 it won't show up because that's listed as the supported version.

OH. MY. GOD.

HOW DID I EVER LIVE WITHOUT THESE BEFORE?

BTW, having NO issues with these at all in 0.90. Matter of fact, I think I'm in love. :D These are PERFECT.

Pretty much this...... I see no need for other landing gear now.

Just noticed a few people having issues with gear falling through the ground. This seems to be a problem with KSOS car wheels too...has to do with orientation. With KSOS it's pretty difficult to tell which way the wheels are facing, up down forward or back, because they don't have a large suspension attached as in the case of landing gear or the stock rover wheels. It sounds like it's the same issue, but that's about the extent of my ability to help fix the problem ;)

Alternatively, you forgot to get the Firespitter plugin.

EDIT: Source: Personal experience.

Just found this mod yesterday, loving it, aside from the very rare collider issues:

http://i.imgur.com/L2M9xx7.jpg

That's only happened twice, and yes, my front wheel is extended.

Same here. This happened to me with my rear landing gears. Only the Small (one wheel) and Medium (two wheel) landing gears would sink through.