The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network (CKAN) Package Manager; v1.18.0 [19 June 2016]

pjf

6 hours ago, Sheppard said:

When installing Stock Visual Enhancements, it installs by default the low resolution version. You can't choose from the other versions, since they don't have their KSP version number updated.

That is correct. The low resolution version is the only one the mod author has released to Spacedock, and there are no Github releases, only pre-releases. When @Nhawks17 publishes an actual release on Github, we will be happy to return to multiple SVE versions with different resolutions.

8 hours ago, Gnoyze said:

@pjf and whoever else is working on this. I had an idea that resurfaced again. I like to go back and forth between modded and stock when playing ksp, and usually I do this by keeping backups of the game folder, swapping them out when I want to play stock, or a specific combo of mods. However this is really time consuming (has taken up to 2 hours to move folder out and in), so I thought of this.

What about having a profiler tab so that you can create, select and edit a profile, and load a profile.
You could name it, select and manage the mods for that one, then load it. if the mods are already cached, it will just do whatever it does to say that mod isn't in use. A stock profile would be there no matter what, as well as an auto-saved profile, to save whatever mod configuration you had last.

Also, a way to add non-indexed mods to the cache and being able to load/unload them would be cool. not sure if you can do this already, but just another idea.

AS @Ranger has pointed out, the best way to do this is with multiple KSP installations. KSP has no DRM, so you can easily copy the game files to another folder. CKAN includes functionality to operate across multiple KSP Installations (File -> Select KSP Install in the menus), and provides a "Launch KSP' button to make running your different KSP setups easy. This is a far more suitable way to do what you are asking, as each installation thus has its own save games, which rely on having the correct mods installed to function correctly. We consider this to be the feature you are asking for, and do not plan to set up an alternate, less ideal method to do it.

4 hours ago, politas said:

That is correct. The low resolution version is the only one the mod author has released to Spacedock, and there are no Github releases, only pre-releases. When @Nhawks17 publishes an actual release on Github, we will be happy to return to multiple SVE versions withe different resolutions.

It's actually the MR version on Spacedock but unfortunately I can't upload multiple files there. 

33 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

It's actually the MR version on Spacedock but unfortunately I can't upload multiple files there. 

I stand corrected. Thanks for clearing that up.

Does anbody know where the KSP version for EVE is actually taken from? It was updated to 1.1-2-1, CKAN is showing it also this way, but still said to be for KSP 1.1.0 only. However it runs perfectly on KSP 1.1.2 when installed by hand and I can't find a .version file in the release telling it is for 1.1.0.

Is there a chance that this mod could be set to be 1.1.2 compatible in CKAN, please?

7 hours ago, Tekener said:

Does anbody know where the KSP version for EVE is actually taken from? It was updated to 1.1-2-1, CKAN is showing it also this way, but still said to be for KSP 1.1.0 only. However it runs perfectly on KSP 1.1.2 when installed by hand and I can't find a .version file in the release telling it is for 1.1.0.

Is there a chance that this mod could be set to be 1.1.2 compatible in CKAN, please?

Thanks for the compatibility report: A change is underway

On 5/13/2016 at 6:27 PM, CobaltWolf said:
It's been compatible with Sounding Rockets for at least a week. It was a typo that was breaking our ScienceDefs which broke any that loaded afterwards. v1.4.1 fixed it.

@politas can the block on Surface Science Experiments and USI Sounding rockets get removed?

With both selected CKAN correctly stops the install due to a passed conflict. This conflict has since been removed.

Edited by nobodyhasthis2

Hello, I'm not sure if I have enough data to warrent a GitHub issue, but I've been getting crashes when using CKAN to update and install new mods for KSP x64 1.1.2.  Most recently was when installing updates for the USI suite, as well as installing the EVE mods.  CKAN displays the following error text, then freezes and has to be force-closed by Windows.  I'm running CKAN with Admin privileges.  If there's any more information I can provide, just let me know.

Spoiler

Unhandled exception:
System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Tsaven\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpA72C.tmp' because it is being used by another process.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.File.InternalDelete(String path, Boolean checkHost)
   at CKAN.NetAsyncDownloader.ModuleDownloadsComplete(NetFileCache cache, Uri[] urls, String[] filenames, Exception[] errors)
   at CKAN.NetAsyncDownloader.<DownloadModules>c__AnonStorey2.<>m__1(Uri[] _uris, String[] paths, Exception[] errors)
   at System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, AsyncCompletedEventArgs e)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

@nobodyhasthis2, The metadata for Sounding Rockets is self-hosted by @RoverDude. You'll need to take it up with him to remove the conflict.

3 minutes ago, tsaven said:

Hello, I'm not sure if I have enough data to warrent a GitHub issue, but I've been getting crashes when using CKAN to update and install new mods for KSP x64 1.1.2.  Most recently was when installing updates for the USI suite, as well as installing the EVE mods.  CKAN displays the following error text, then freezes and has to be force-closed by Windows.  I'm running CKAN with Admin privileges.  If there's any more information I can provide, just let me know.

Reveal hidden contents

Unhandled exception:
System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Tsaven\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpA72C.tmp' because it is being used by another process.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.File.InternalDelete(String path, Boolean checkHost)
   at CKAN.NetAsyncDownloader.ModuleDownloadsComplete(NetFileCache cache, Uri[] urls, String[] filenames, Exception[] errors)
   at CKAN.NetAsyncDownloader.<DownloadModules>c__AnonStorey2.<>m__1(Uri[] _uris, String[] paths, Exception[] errors)
   at System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, AsyncCompletedEventArgs e)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

Don't run CKAN with admin privileges. Why would you do that?

6 minutes ago, politas said:

Don't run CKAN with admin privileges. Why would you do that?

Because otherwise it craps out trying to write any changes to the C:\Program Files\KSP_win directory, which requires Admin privileges to be able to do anything in?

Edited by tsaven

Just now, politas said:

@nobodyhasthis2, The metadata for Sounding Rockets is self-hosted by @RoverDude. You'll need to take it up with him to remove the conflict.

Of course. Was not sure if it the compatibility block was in the Surface Science Experiments metadata. Will toss an issue report over to @RoverDude 

Just now, tsaven said:

Because otherwise it craps out trying to write any changes to the C:\Program Files\KSP_win directory, which requires Admin privileges to be able to do anything in?

If your normal user account cannot write files in the KSP_Win directory, how do you save games?

Just now, politas said:

If your normal user account cannot write files in the KSP_Win directory, how do you save games?

Right-click > Run as Administrator for KSP?  Otherwise the game never even loads past the Squad logo.

1 minute ago, tsaven said:

Right-click > Run as Administrator for KSP?  Otherwise the game never even loads past the Squad logo.

That is madness. Running anything you download from the Internet with admin privileges is asking for your computer to become part of a botnet. Install KSP in your Userspace, rather than under Program Files, and you should be able to run both KSP and CKAN without problems as a normal user. You are bypassing all your operating system's defences with what you are doing.

Forgive me if this has been addressed,

1.  Is there a way to make the CKAN default directory (or at least where the downloads go) onto a different drive or do they have to be in the KSP directory?  I use an SSD for KSP and would like to preserve it as much as possible by moving the downloaded files onto another drive.  I try to keep all of my "utilities" on a different drive since they don't need the speed of an SSD.

2.  Can I safely delete the downloaded files once they have been installed?  I did "clear the cache" which removed the files, but are they supposed to be left alone?

3.  Why are some MOD's not listed?  (RCS Build Aid, FASA...).  Just curious.

4.  THANKS for a great utility!

TB2

10 minutes ago, TBryson2 said:

1.  Is there a way to make the CKAN default directory (or at least where the downloads go) onto a different drive or do they have to be in the KSP directory?  I use an SSD for KSP and would like to preserve it as much as possible by moving the downloaded files onto another drive.  I try to keep all of my "utilities" on a different drive since they don't need the speed of an SSD.

2.  Can I safely delete the downloaded files once they have been installed?  I did "clear the cache" which removed the files, but are they supposed to be left alone?

TB2

My best guesses here:

1.  Not from the User Interface (at least, not that I'm aware of).

2.  Yes you can but then if you need to reinstall, you'll have to download again.  If you've got a great, unlimited data plan, this shouldn't be a problem.  This might be worrisome if you you need to maintain your mod list with certain versions for a career game and don't want to update them to a later release because it breaks something in the game for you.

3.  They are listed, just change the filter to "All" or "Incompatible". The mod authors may not have updated them for KSP v1.1.2 yet, e.g. RCS Build Aid is listed a compatible with v1.1.0 and FASA with 1.0.5.  They may still work and you might have to manually install them.  Check on their threads.

4.  It is, isn't it?

Edited by Brigadier

Thanks for the quick answer!

I can live with issues 1 and 2.  Thanks for the advice on #2.  Thanks for the tip on #3, it's always rewarding learning new things I can use!

TB2

58 minutes ago, TBryson2 said:

There are probably ways to do this (e.g. symbolic links) but as Brigadier said probably not through the UI.

Two feature requests:

1. Allow me to uninstall auto detected mods, or at least recognize when I manually uninstall them.

2. Add a watch/notify option for incompatible mods. There are two that I want whose developers say they are working on 1.1 support. And I'm sure lots of people will appreciate this feature on the next mod breaking update.

5 minutes ago, SteveD80 said:

Two feature requests:

1. Allow me to uninstall auto detected mods, or at least recognize when I manually uninstall them.

2. Add a watch/notify option for incompatible mods. There are two that I want whose developers say they are working on 1.1 support. And I'm sure lots of people will appreciate this feature on the next mod breaking update.

As for #1, I'm pretty sure that if you restart CKAN it'll notice.  It has for me.

15 hours ago, TBryson2 said:

TB2

1. I have the exact same situation. I have symlinked a folder on my RAID array to <all of my various KSP game folders>/CKAN/downloads - Means I only download each file once, and my SSD has only what it needs.

2. You can clear the cache. All it means is that you may need to re-download them.

3. Because they aren't known to be compatible with the version of KSP you have. You can change the Filter to see other sets of mods (Installed, New in Repository, Cached, All, etc) though due to a bug that hasn't been fixed yet, some mods don't appear anywhere (mods which are marked as compatible, but which have dependencies that are incompatible).

Is anyone else having issues with Scatterer install?  I keep getting this Kraken when trying to update the latest version of scatterer with the selection of Sun Flares:

Spoiler

************** Exception Text **************
CKAN.TooManyModsProvideKraken: Too many mods provide Scatterer-sunflare:
Scatterer-sunflare 2:v0.0246
* AstronikiSunflareforScatterer 1.1
   at CKAN.RelationshipResolver.ResolveStanza(IEnumerable`1 stanza, SelectionReason reason, RelationshipResolverOptions options, Boolean soft_resolve, IEnumerable`1 old_stanza)
   at CKAN.RelationshipResolver.Resolve(CkanModule module, RelationshipResolverOptions options, IEnumerable`1 old_stanza)
   at CKAN.RelationshipResolver.AddModulesToInstall(IEnumerable`1 modules)
   at CKAN.RelationshipResolver..ctor(IEnumerable`1 module_names, RelationshipResolverOptions options, IRegistryQuerier registry, KSPVersion kspversion)
   at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.Upgrade(IEnumerable`1 identifiers, IDownloader netAsyncDownloader)
   at CKAN.Main.WasSuccessful(Action action)
   at CKAN.Main.InstallMods(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1080.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ckan
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal%20Space%20Program/ckan.exe
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1081.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1064.2 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1078.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Microsoft.CSharp
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1038.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Dynamic
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Dynamic/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Dynamic.dll
Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Xml.Linq
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll

"Too many mods provide Scatterer-sunflare:

Anyone seen this before or have any possible solutions?

1 hour ago, Ignath said:

Is anyone else having issues with Scatterer install?  I keep getting this Kraken when trying to update the latest version of scatterer with the selection of Sun Flares:

Reveal hidden contents

at CKAN.RelationshipResolver.ResolveStanza(IEnumerable`1 stanza, SelectionReason reason, RelationshipResolverOptions options, Boolean soft_resolve, IEnumerable`1 old_stanza)
   at CKAN.RelationshipResolver.Resolve(CkanModule module, RelationshipResolverOptions options, IEnumerable`1 old_stanza)
   at CKAN.RelationshipResolver..ctor(IEnumerable`1 module_names, RelationshipResolverOptions options, IRegistryQuerier registry, KSPVersion kspversion)
   at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.Upgrade(IEnumerable`1 identifiers, IDownloader netAsyncDownloader)

mscorlib
ckan
    CodeBase: file:///D:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal%20Space%20Program/ckan.exe
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.CSharp
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Dynamic
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Dynamic/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Dynamic.dll
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Xml.Linq
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll

Uninstall Scatter, plus both sunflare files if they are selected. Then reinstall Scatter and pick one sun flare only.

AstronikiSunflare and the default Scatterer-sunflare are mutually exclusive. One or the other but never both together .

If you mess around with it too much it is possible to get passed the mutual lock but it then throws the Kraken in defense. You simply can't use both files together.

1 hour ago, Ignath said:

Reveal hidden contents

mscorlib
ckan
System.Configuration
System
System.Core
System.Xml
System.Windows.Forms
System.Drawing
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.CSharp
System.Numerics
System.Dynamic
System.Transactions
System.Xml.Linq
System.Data

What happened is that part of Scatterer was broken out into a separate CKAN entry, in order to allow Astroniki Sunflare to work. AS has been mentioned, uninstall Scatterer, then reinstall, which will prompt you to choose a sunflare option.