W.I.P. HABOne 2.5mt modules

IGNOBIL

Thinking of Mars One, and waiting for the amazing Konquest mod from ASET here and in desperate need for a greenhouse to feed my kerrbalsson TAC I started modelling HABOne, a station / base system meant to be used on its side.

2.5X2.5mt modules which will be:

Command Module - only one crew, with hatch and integrated ladders

Habitational Module - up to 3 crews, plus food and leisure, needs to be deployed to allow crew in, after deploy can't retract

Greenhouse - inspired on Munseekers greenhouse portions, doesn't return 100% of stuff, needs to be deployed to work, after deployed can't retract

Inline landing legs - a thin landing legs module to fit between other modules

Inline service module - can accommodate one 1.25 engine with fuel and RCS, has hatch

End cap service module - can accommodate one 1.25 engine with fuel and RCS, has hatch

Greenhouse WIP

2hw5eE5.jpg

r2mjb5h.jpg

zH3JdS6.jpg

I need help with the cfg files, as I have the models working on unity but can figure out the coding, for now it's just a preview as I'm of on holidays til mid January, where I want to pick this up again.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Ah ha! My satellite dish maker is back! I might be able to make the configs for you as a reward for those awesome dishes you made. Just tell me what you want this to do, and I will tell you if my "might be able" is a "definitely able" to make the part file.

Ah ha! My satellite dish maker is back! I might be able to make the configs for you as a reward for those awesome dishes you made. Just tell me what you want this to do, and I will tell you if my "might be able" is a "definitely able" to make the part file.

Thanks, I'll gladly take on that, the bits I still can't figure are:

Greenhouse, won't produce food until deployed and needs one crew member somewhere on the vessel. But the greenhouse itself can't take crew.

For the greenhouse I like Munseeker's quantities (There is some loss in this process, so the crew will still need to be supplied. One greenhouse will use 100% of the waste products of 3 Kerbals (waste, waste water and carbon dioxide) and supply them with roughly 30% oxygen, 60% water and 70% food of their total needs.)

Habitat, no crew capacity until deployed.

I'm thinking of making the parts configs very basic and adding TAC with separate MM configs so everyone can use it even without TAC.

I'll put this on hold until January because I'll be one month abroad without my stuff, but let me know if you have any thoughts.

Latest update, I wasn't happy with the flat greenhouse, made a hollow inflatable for both habitat and greenhouse, don't know with what I'll fill the habitat.

There are also the inline landing legs, and thinking of the inline solar panels, but if I still have the chance I'll start on the command module and service modules and end caps.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I will add lights inside on Unity, and sort out the translucence of the windows

I love the inline landing legs. That's an excellent method that probably would have made the stuff ASET was working on for Konquest a lot easier. I'd like to see just a little thin disk you could stick to other parts that would implement just the landing leg portion of the setup.

I love the inline landing legs. That's an excellent method that probably would have made the stuff ASET was working on for Konquest a lot easier. I'd like to see just a little thin disk you could stick to other parts that would implement just the landing leg portion of the setup.

These are all separate parts, you can use it with other 2.5mt parts if you want! It's only 0.5mt deep

Thanks Ndiver, but I'm in no way trying to do something as complex as konquest, I'm trying exactly the opposite of konquest or MKS, a simplified 2.5mt colony that just does food and is easy to deploy! Good news is I decided to take my PC on holidays and will be working on this through Christmas!

Thanks Ndiver, but I'm in no way trying to do something as complex as konquest, I'm trying exactly the opposite of konquest or MKS, a simplified 2.5mt colony that just does food and is easy to deploy! Good news is I decided to take my PC on holidays and will be working on this through Christmas!

That's also my issue for MKS: too complex. I'm looking for some elements that would allow me to built a small but nice base on Duna, with some aspects of roleplay (as greenhouse, but just for the style). And clearly no life support management.

I'm waiting the next news and a possible future release :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.