[1.3.0] Filter Extensions 3.0.4 (Jul 11)

Crzyrndm

28 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

None of KSPI-E custom sub categories works correctly with this version

If you will read all this post what Crzy said you will undestend is noo real functional version release nether experimental, beta or what ever ....for 1.1 he only was try to work or make it work but short version is not functional

On 30.03.2016 at 7:38 AM, Crzyrndm said:

There will be no public releases of any of my mods until after 1.1 is actually released. There may be some github activity when I get around to working on things but any of that will all be at user risk. I'm not going to try supporting something that is listed as being "frequently updated" (still haven't decided whether I will bother with the pre-release at all...)

Post-release, I will be pushing hard to get updates out, just not before

On 12.04.2016 at 9:11 AM, Crzyrndm said:

I am, slowly (there's actually a 1.1 compile on Github, I just broke a few things to get that far). I'm definitely not not working on things because of difficulty or because of repeated builds, it's just constraints on my time currently are much tighter than I need to properly work on the mods I maintain

On 14.04.2016 at 9:07 AM, Crzyrndm said:

That was removed in the current commit (was me trying to track down some errors, wasn't meant to be committed). The problems are a lot more insidious than just some leftover logging, There are a rather large number of subcategories that should be showing up that aren't (because they're being removed because they have no parts which shouldn't be the case). I haven't yet had the time to track down the culprit(s)

Salute & Cya around

9 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

None of KSPI-E custom sub categories works correctly with this version

That would be because I've not published a working version until now.

Testing versions can be grabbed from Github if you're so inclined
Be aware you are using a development version that is not completely tested and still doesn't have any "new" features yet. If you see a subcategory that is not working as expected, I would appreciate a bug report (bug report requires a log, MM cache, subcat and category definitions, and a description of expected behaviour vs actual behaviour. Incomplete reports will be ignored)

Please log all reports to Github

Edited by Crzyrndm

On 4/17/2016 at 8:48 PM, Crzyrndm said:

That would be because I've not published a working version until now.

Testing versions can be grabbed from Github if you're so inclined
Be aware you are using a development version that is not completely tested and still doesn't have any "new" features yet. If you see a subcategory that is not working as expected, I would appreciate a bug report (bug report requires a log, MM cache, subcat and category definitions, and a description of expected behaviour vs actual behaviour. Incomplete reports will be ignored)

Please log all reports to Github

I'd like to start using this in a test mode on 1.1, are you going to update Github soon with an updated build for the 1.1 release?

8 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I'd like to start using this in a test mode on 1.1, are you going to update Github soon with an updated build for the 1.1 release?

Just tried out his most recent release with the most recent KSP and voila some magic happened that looked awfully much like it works but I didn't have enough time to properly test it since I'm tracking down a mod that eats massive performance away. I will give an update as soon as I get to have a second look on top of that I'm trying out FAR.

-- edit -- 

pity, so far only the ui seems to work as in has buttons but doesn't order any stuff into it

Edited by lude

5 hours ago, Crzyrndm said:

1.1 compatible release available on Github

Thank you.  Is this final, or are you still working on it?  Asking so I know how to post any issues that might come up

LGG

Edit:  Never mind, I see it is in CKAN, so I'll assume it's final.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

i assume i'm not the only one who took advantage of 64b to combine all their saves/installs into one, and had an overwhelming jumble of parts to sort through w/o this, and decided to just wait on actually building anything untill it was ready...

so with that said, time to get krakken!   err, i mean.  well you know what i mean!

thanks for the quick update :)

@Crzyrndm Thank you!.

I have been checking on your github for the last week and testing every change you made waiting for this release. Didn't seem like a straight forward task at all.

Anyways I have notice a bug and it appears the altitude control category is still missing. Anyone else confirming that?

7 hours ago, merlinux said:

@Crzyrndm Thank you!.

I have been checking on your github for the last week and testing every change you made waiting for this release. Didn't seem like a straight forward task at all.

Anyways I have notice a bug and it appears the altitude control category is still missing. Anyone else confirming that?

The actual 1.1 update? Piece of cake. This mod interfaces so little with KSP in the first place, and neither interface changed. Only real updates was a few .cfg tweaks (and it looks like you may have found one I missed)

Fixing my half completed never tested pieces of work, re-factoring rubbish code and fixing logic issues from that? That's where all the time went

Edited by Crzyrndm

19 hours ago, merlinux said:

@Crzyrndm Thank you!.

Confirm, Command and Control is missing from the menu.

Sorry to have to ask but struggling a little with simple config.

With the Procedural Parts mod, batteries don't get assigned to power storage category. I was trying to see how I would get this assigned but not sure. Only thing I've noticed is that the battery doesn't have the Electric Charge resource so guessing that's why its not assigned. 

Procedural Parts does have a config for Filter Extensions which mentions the battery but not sure what that's doing:

Spoiler

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ProceduralPart*]]:NEEDS[FilterExtension]
{
    @bulkheadProfiles ^= :$:,proc:
}

@PART[proceduralBattery]:NEEDS[FilterExtension]
{
    @bulkheadProfiles ^= :size0:size00:
}

Any suggestions please?

Edited by Torih

I'd like to suggest that heat controllers get their own sub-category, maybe in with aero tree?

Know they show up right there on the top of 'filter by module' section, but i always go looking for them under aero...

Just to add on the pile, "Control" category is missing. There's some redundant tabs, too. I have 2 tabs in different sections for SpaceY.

Nitpickings aside, thanks a lot @Crzyrndm for this wonderful mod.

Edited by symmeclept

I haven't got all the configs updated for 1.1 yet, so there is the odd category not showing correctly or at all. I'm hoping to have checked all of them by the end of the weekend (some intermediary releases will be present also)

Edited by Crzyrndm

Filter Extension v2.4.3 is released

• Fix equality checks breaking
  • Unpack dds icons and replace .pngs
  • Fixing config errors (please keep reporting these when you find them)
  • Removed testing category from distribution zip
  • "Stock rework" is now a part of the release once more

Edited by Crzyrndm

16 hours ago, Crzyrndm said:

I haven't got all the configs updated for 1.1 yet, so there is the odd category not showing correctly or at all. I'm hoping to have checked all of them by the end of the weekend (some intermediary releases will be present also)

Well , for me the Data Transmitter tab is empty looked in the .cgf-s ... they seem correct ... dunno what the problem is :(

Nevermind, didn`t know the new remotetech included XF now ... so i got that and borked everything . my bad

Edited by Sebi99p
new information, me being a dummy

Hi,

as usual with every new update I'm back with new icons for my new set of mods. (This is something I do while I wait for all my mods to ctach with the new update: try new ones and update icons and some MM to my personal taste).

Expect a pull request soon. I've noticed that you now uses png AND dds files. Do you want me to convert icons to DDS?, if so..do you know some tool to make this for all at once? (it's rather annoying to do it one by one)

I believe there's some tool around that does it (I didn't do these myself, got given a zip a few months back that was sitting around waiting). If you want to stick to png that's fine by me, all icons are welcome :)