[0.90] KSP Interstellar port maintance thread

Boris-Barboris

Hi,

I am only using parts for Tree Design - all the MOD DLLs are removed harr ... !

I found out why some parts arnt loading... KSP v24 isnt loading up .PNG graphics; TGA's are fine; I have not tested any MODS on v90 yet however Tree placement of some MODS was checked.

Wow I just looked at my PNG list...now I am wondering if I have missing parts in V24 like the blue glass in explorer pack; ugh; this would also explain why I seem to have alot of mod parts loading up; some might be missing !

I also think some PNGs are showing up as there are some in Squad but I havnt verified.

Zeta

Edited by Cdr_Zeta

Boris,

I saw you posted in the "Community Resource Pack integration for KSPI 0.12" thread. I replied there:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/94876-0-24-2-0-25-Community-Resource-Pack-integration-for-KSPI-0-12-%28ORSX-version%29?p=1670715&viewfull=1#post1670715

TL;DR - if I use those configs, KSP hangs on loading (looks like at an Interstellar part) and throws about 100 NullReferenceExceptions a second into the log until I kill it. I guess it's not working properly with your port.

First of all Boris thank you so much for keeping this mod going. good on ya! I do have a question about thermal mechanics though, i started a career when waste heat was not working so i have a number of ships in the middle of missions without proper heat radiation. I have my warp plugin settings set as: ThermalMechanicsDisabled = True however i am still getting waste heat. I have started putting radiators on my missions launched after the update but I wanted to disable this until they all return. Do you have any suggestions as to why this doesn't disable? do i have to edit a save file or put the plugin setting file in my save folder? Thanks again and keep up the good work!

Mod does NOT work, even on a stock build .90 of kerbal, hangs on the loading screen warpplugin/parts/electrical/antimatterreactor125/antimatterreactor.

No other mods are installed at all .

This makes me sad :( This is one of my favorite mods.....

Do you have the Community Resource Pack integration for KSPI 0.12 (ORSX version) installed? I was having exactly the same hang at exactly the same point with that config pack added. If I understood right, it's not needed for this. Just gotta wait for the Regolith conversion...

- - - Updated - - -

I've been tried to use KSPI with the community tech tree, so that I can use other technologies as the same time, but it seems like multiple things stop working if I do that?

Is there a known way to use it with this mod?

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/100385

Are you using the "Unofficial KSPI" config that's linked in the OP beneath the spoiler tags?

Hey guys.

I have a problem with the microwave network, I installed my first set of relays at a count of 8 in Kerbin orbit, they are working brilliant. Now i wanted to add some further outwards to get Mun and Minimus covered. The second set is not relaying anything on activation. They simply wont connect, even when tested at exact the same orbit as the first set, or anywhere else in Kerbin system... The first set is still relaying power from Kerbin surface. Any ideas?

Hey guys.

I have a problem with the microwave network, I installed my first set of relays at a count of 8 in Kerbin orbit, they are working brilliant. Now i wanted to add some further outwards to get Mun and Minimus covered. The second set is not relaying anything on activation. They simply wont connect, even when tested at exact the same orbit as the first set, or anywhere else in Kerbin system... The first set is still relaying power from Kerbin surface. Any ideas?

Pics? Everything is line of site. Possibly the ground based array is out of view. Even a kerbistationary satellite will slowly lose it's position over time. You may want to make an orbital power station to add more available coverage.

Pics? Everything is line of site. Possibly the ground based array is out of view. Even a kerbistationary satellite will slowly lose it's position over time. You may want to make an orbital power station to add more available coverage.

Nope, receiving works without problem its just the relay function thats borked. If i turn on the sat as receiver it connects to the network, but not when switching to relay.

Edited by Haifi

No pictures needed, im playing Interstellar for several Versions now and besides the update phases the microwave network did always work as intended. Its 0.90 thats borked up a lot. Thanks to Boris many of the bugs got hammered. Im not asking because i need help with setting up a network. I think its a bug, but maybe someone got an idea how to get rid of it or maybe knows a workaround. No pun intended.

Best regards

EDIT: Meanwhile i have a workaround and I am pretty sure now that it is a bug. I can't activate relay function on a new satellite unless i've turned it on once as receiver. The connections stay dead otherwise (0 / 11 for example), when i turn it on as receiver it connects to the network, and keeps the connections on activating relay.

Edited by Haifi

errorspaceplane_zps5d36b218.jpg

Everytime i want go to launch pad using space plane design like Leastar A1 (stock craft) or mod like mk4, my view it's just like that picture, i can't press throttle button at all, and zoom in and out doesn't work to and I was only able to launch a module only, after deleting all the folders related KSPI in GameData folder, i can launch like Leastar A1 or another space plane, anyone know what happen to my KSP?

Hey guys, I'm fairly new here, but I do have an issue with Interstellar. The infrared telescope does not actually give me science, it says there is still value left in the science transmission but when I transmit it and go back to the space center my science points remain unchanged. This is in career mode, 0.90. Thanks

Everytime i want go to launch pad using space plane design like Leastar A1 (stock craft) or mod like mk4, my view it's just like that picture, i can't press throttle button at all, and zoom in and out doesn't work to and I was only able to launch a module only, after deleting all the folders related KSPI in GameData folder, i can launch like Leastar A1 or another space plane, anyone know what happen to my KSP?

That looks like the air intake bug. KSPI and Tweakscale are the culprits. There is a fix on the first page, you need Tweakscale 1.50 and the fix.

Hey guys, I'm fairly new here, but I do have an issue with Interstellar. The infrared telescope does not actually give me science, it says there is still value left in the science transmission but when I transmit it and go back to the space center my science points remain unchanged. This is in career mode, 0.90. Thanks

Hey Chuck, according to the KSPI F.A.Q. (item #3) found here, the telescope science is currently bugged. The workaround is apparently to add science to your save through quicksave editing. A telescope I launched in my career game doesn't seem to work either, but I just shrugged it off (I don't feel like cheating:)).

Supposedly FractalUK fixed the telescope in the 0.12.0 update before going MIA again, but it works more conventionally and not the way the science lab gives science points.

From his changelog:

"-Fixed Telescope experiment and integrated it with stock science system"

Are you using the "Unofficial KSPI" config that's linked in the OP beneath the spoiler tags?

I just tried with that file and it still seems to not help.

I also tried to load the stock tech tree, but I still get particle accelerators and nuclear power, so obviously isn't working. Process for loading another techtree is: 1. delete techmanager file in your save game 2. reload the savegame.

I must be doing something wrong.

Also the KSPI unofficial for CTT does not look at all like the other files, looks like its missing a header?

So, a (possible) bug report, and I'd love independent confirmation.GreeningGalaxy from the IRC reproduced this on her install (which is quite a bit different from mine.)

My setup is as follows:

1.25m Generator

1.25m Fission Reactor

2.5m Capsule

* 2.5m Antimatter

LFO Tank

4x Huge Radiator

3.75m Generator

* 3.75m Antimatter Reactor

3.75m Thermal Rocket

In the place of the *ed items, I have also placed a Deuterium/Tritium Cryostat and a 3.75m Fusion Reactor, respectively.

With the antimatter reactor, at a core temperature of 646146K, I get ~4.7MN thrust ASL, and it doesn't change throughout the flight.

With the fusion reactor, at a core temperature of 23078K, I get ~4.6MN thrust on launch, rising to 11.5MN once in space.

With a 3.75m fission reactor, at a core temperature of 15590K, I get 973kN thrust ASL. It won't take off in this configuration.

So yeah, I should be getting WAY more thrust out of the antimatter reactor (and honestly probably LESS thrust out of the fusion reactor) unless there's something at play that would legitimately cause the issue.

An interesting note:

[17-Jan 10:30:28] <GreeningGalaxy> antimatter is running down at 15/sec

[17-Jan 10:31:05] <GreeningGalaxy> ;c 0.000015*(c^2)

[17-Jan 10:31:06] <kmath> GreeningGalaxy: 1.34813e+012

[17-Jan 10:31:28] <GreeningGalaxy> huh. only 135 gigawatts of antimatter's being used?

I'm not sure how relevant the equation is, but 135GW is exactly the power output of an unupgraded antimatter reactor... but she was running a fully upgraded one. Take from that what you will.

Edited by etmoonshade

My name is GreeningGalaxy and I endorse this campaign.

sorry I couldn't resist

Yeah, I haven't used antimatter thermal rockets for quite some time, but this is definitely strange - not only is the antimatter reactor putting out far more power than its antimatter usage would suggest (I forgot the 2* in that calculation etmoonshade quoted me on; with equal annihilation with matter, that means the reactor's taking up 270 GW worth of antimatter, not 135), meaning that the reactor (which claims to be putting out 405 GW) is in violation of thermodynamics.

At the same time, we have our thermal engine, which is using up all the power provided by the reactor (the reactor is running at 100%), yet is putting out 4718.8 kN at an Isp of 2997.1 seconds, meaning that its total dissipated power is only about 14 gigawatts. Regardless of how you look at it, power is either disappearing, being created from nowhere, or both, and that's not quite right.

Proof pics (in spoiler tags to avoid clutter):

uf5zabq.png

RC3QmKo.png

Also note 15 mg/sec antimatter consumption shown in the resources tab, and the lack of wasteheat - all the energy is being consumed by the engine.

The other thing we've been noticing is that there's no thrust/ISP scaling with altitude on the antimatter rocket the way there should be for thermal rockets. It starts at sea level with that exact thrust and Isp, and retains that all the way to space. Maybe this is part of the bug's root cause?

At the same time, we have our thermal engine, which is using up all the power provided by the reactor (the reactor is running at 100%), yet is putting out 4718.8 kN at an Isp of 2997.1 seconds, meaning that its total dissipated power is only about 14 gigawatts.

I'm a new KSPI user, and so I am stupid about these things. I was recently surprised to see that my 3.75m Thermal Engine was also maxing at 2997.1 Isp . I expected it to be either:

• 2582, because the tooltip for the thermal engine suggests it will be 17 * SQRT(Core Temperature), and the Core Temp of my 3.75M fusion reactor is 23078. 17*Sqrt(23078)=2582

How does this really work? Is 2997.1 a buggy result, or the expected result? If expected, can you help me understand why/how this is correct and how I can predict Isp and thrust for the engine?

I'm a new KSPI user, and so I am stupid about these things. I was recently surprised to see that my 3.75m Thermal Engine was also maxing at 2997.1 Isp . I expected it to be either:

• 2582, because the tooltip for the thermal engine suggests it will be 17 * SQRT(Core Temperature), and the Core Temp of my 3.75M fusion reactor is 23078. 17*Sqrt(23078)=2582

How does this really work? Is 2997.1 a buggy result, or the expected result? If expected, can you help me understand why/how this is correct and how I can predict Isp and thrust for the engine?

This is one of the newest changes Fractal made before disappearing. Probably why it hasn't been updated in the wiki. 0.13 changelog states that thermal rocket ISP is now capped at 3000

Version 0.13
-Added magnetic nozzles
-Capped thermal rockets at ~3000s Isp
-New refinery system with vastly improved GUI
-Integrated computer cores and AI with the stock science system
-Fusion reactor fuel scaling drastically changed to make alternative fuels more efficient
-Decreased fusion fuel consumption to more realistic values
-Attach node sizes fixed

Greening, your problem may also be stemming from this. To balance this, would it be proper to raise the thrust levels?

Edited by Atrius129

I just tried with that file and it still seems to not help.

I also tried to load the stock tech tree, but I still get particle accelerators and nuclear power, so obviously isn't working. Process for loading another techtree is: 1. delete techmanager file in your save game 2. reload the savegame.

I must be doing something wrong.

Also the KSPI unofficial for CTT does not look at all like the other files, looks like its missing a header?

The KSPI for CTT config looks a lot like the other configs I've got for CTT (NASA mission, Real Chutes, KW, Extraplanetary Launchpads, TACLS). It doesn't look like other Tech Manager tech tree configs, no. But CTT is an extension to Tech Manager, and configs for CTT are different to normal Tech Manager tech trees.

This is one of the newest changes Fractal made before disappearing. Probably why it hasn't been updated in the wiki. 0.13 changelog states that thermal rocket ISP is now capped at 3000

Well that explains it! Thanks for the help.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.