[v1.3!] Silisko Industries Doughnut Research & Spacecraft Development

NovaSilisko

Oh, and Nova, you realize we now need 2m SRB to fit the 2m radial couplers!

(You could add a nozzle and cfg edit the new 2m dual tank)

ETA- need a 2m nose cone with a parachute, or a attachment point to add one too!

Hey, Nova, suggestion for the next release, could you do a stackable version of the Mk16-3 triple 'chute? I've always liked that parachute, particularly if you're going to try and make it look even more like a Mercury by putting an SAS between the capsule and heatshield...

(Yes, I do put heatshields on everything I build, partly for aesthetics, partly because I like the 'greater realism' feel, but mostly because once HarvesteR incorporates atmospheric heating, we'll need one, so better to get into the habit now...)

EDIT: Just had another thought, to go with the stackable 'chutes. Maybe we could also have a Boost Protective Cover, like the Apollo (and Orion) command module did? It's basically a small nosecone that goes over the capsule and protects it from escape rocket exhaust, and is jettisoned with the escape rocket.

These clamps are amazing.

Finally options to making a real Delta IV heavy..

An idea for the next iteration: a 1 and 3 meter variant?

Also, I made a gemini- titan - it has a solid retro rocket, and when flown right gets into a nice 40.000 circular orbit.

Thanks to your parts it does not only have the functionality, but also the looks! ( I dont really care about skins )

Thanks for the amazing pack!

Hi, I love this pack. found a small thing though, I can't connect a 2M SAS ontop of the 2M radial decoupler.

otherwise everything rocks, or thats because of my crap construction skills

The 2m SAS will go under the clamp though.

@aimmlegate: Cool reproduction, and it's a nice touch with the actual image. I haven't seen a shuttle's tank painted white my whole life (I'm only 11) and I live extremely close to Kennedy Space Center. They stopped painting the External Tank to save money and reduce unneeded mass. Plus, Orange looks cooler in my opinion! ;P

These pieces are fine as they are, but renaming them is probably better in the long run.

That said, I absolutely love your pieces.

Everytime I praise something I ask for something, sigh. I guess I should learn how to edit and model myself...

anyway, here goes.

A nosecone with a very strong ejection force and an attachment point for a small solid booster ( think radial ullage booster or SAFER booster ) so that you can jettison it and it doesnt crash in your stage.

a dedicated, small, no shroud, 1.75 meter decoupler?

a smaller 1.75 diameter tank for even more options to optimize stages for respective engines - say you want 1.25 times your big tank, this could give a solution.

an 1.75/ 2 meter diameter upper stage engine. Think perhaps an half of your twin bertha lite, or Sunday Punches' K-2X engine, but with a huge ( vacuum) nozzle and very good efficiency?

A somewhat bigger ( 0.5 meter diameter? ) SRB, so we can make delta 2 SRB's :P

ah and ehm while i'm asking / throwing out random ideas, how about a very flat, small, light SRB for deorbit purposes? something like the Mercury reentry package?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:McconnellMercuryCapsule1.jpg

right, that'll be my wishlist for today. See you tomorrow! 8)

You GOTTA admit that it looks like the space shuttle.

That is exactly why it was build. You can read about it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buran_program

It was a very, very interesting program. If flown correctly I think it could be cheaper and provide safer and better access to space compared to the shuttle. But alas, no money...

Nova, while you are busy renaming the parts, would you consider swapping the stats between the 2m engines. If you look at the nozzles as modeled, the orginal 2m Bertha is the biggest and the new 2m is the smallest. Would you consider making the orginal Bertha the most powerful, and the new one the least, with the twin in the middle?

PS- Thanks again for releasing your parts for us to use.